Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
He'll be dealt in February. Irregardless of what they do this summer, only Portland and maybe Golden State are likely to be worse than the T-Wolves next season.

PG - Marcus Banks
SG - Ricky Davis
SF - Trenton Hassell
PF - Garnett
C - Mark Blount

Bench: A rookie and nothing else really worth talking about.

That roster simply sucks. And they won't even have their own pick next draft because of the Marko Jaric/Sam Cassell deal. They need to whatever it takes to get a shot at Oden. Including dealing Garnett.

We would have McCants after a bit as well, he's definitely worth talking about.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:59 PM   #32
podsportart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

There are so many good trade possibilities for KG that I couldn't possibly list them all. But before I lay out a couple let me just say one thing. Anyone who says that we owe KG and that we can only trade him to a situation that suits him is WRONG! (This means you Glen Taylor) We owe KG? We pay him over $200 million and we owe him? We almost kill the league paying him and we owe him? We Mortgage our future over and over to try to win now for him and WE OWE HIM? That's crap! No deal that helps us is off the table no matter what situation it puts him in. Now on to the possibilities. Chicago, Clippers, NJ, GS, Phoenix, LAL, Indi, and Boston all can give us what we need whether it be young players, cap space, draft picks or some combination of all three. The best of these moves are Chicago and NJ
Chicago could absorb KG's contract and give us players and picks. I like B. Gordon, Nocioni, T. Chandler the #2 + next years Knick pick for KG, Hassle, Griffin, and the #6 pick. Wolves get youth, move up in the draft, get short contracts and a pick in the greatest draft ever, 2007. Chicago gets interior offense (their greatest weakness) a defensive two guard (their greatest want) and still have a pick to take a swing like Gay or Roy. Add Prysbylla and whoever at #16 and they are a title contender. Jersey could give us Jefferson, Nened, McInnis, and C. Robinson + a first this year and next for KG and the pretty little pig tailed girl.
Either one gives us good young players, picks and cap flexibility. Exactly what is needed to rebuild.
podsportart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:52 AM   #33
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

I think Minnesota would benifet from this trade.

Kevin Garnett for
Darius Miles + Sebastian Telfair + #4 pick
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #34
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Then you are obviously ****in stupid, just like most Knick fans. They could so much better than that for KG.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #35
ashkon
I Hit Open Layups

Default KG Trade try this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~16~21~6~16~16
ashkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #36
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

The only KG Trade I can see is kind of stupid...

KG+Davis To the Celtics for:

Wally+Pierce+Greene+#7

Works under the cap, I can't see either team doing that though.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #37
Kgallstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Don't ignore the fact that if they keep him, they not only get to sell tickets and remain profitable, but they can also use him to mentor all the lottery picks they'll aquire. If you're the owner, there's more to it than trying to win a championship. I'm sure they'd love to retire #21 someday.

Out of all of your posts I have read, I finally agree with one. KG has too much invested in this city to just up and leave over a trophy. If he wins one it wont solidify his status more than it is now. He will still be a 50 greatest player. If we rebulid now the team would be horrible (probably) and we wont sell any tickets and end up like my hometown team the Atlanta Hawks! KG is my favorite Player behind MJ and that will never change, even if he doesnt win a ring!
Kgallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #38
cantfindanname

how bout this trade with the goldenstate warriors:

kg (and maybe some throw ins) for:
troy murphy
mike dunleavy
mikael pietrus
and adonal foyle (for salary cap reasons, but he once was considered the greatest backup centers when he was playing behind dampier)
and maybe you could substitute fisher in there, if you want veteran leadership and a starting pg, or a backup pg.

WOLVES lineup:
Eddie Griffin, or whoever at center
troy murphy as pf
mike dunleavy as sf
ricky davis at sg and pietrus as backup
and fisher at pg. or if you draft a pg like marcus williams or randy foye
then in the 2007 draft you can get a star and your rebuilding process will be done

Warriors lineup:

Baron Davis at point, monta ellis at sg, jason richardson at sf, kg at pf or center, and ike diogu at pf or center or the warriors could draft a sf or c.
cantfindanname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #39
WallySzczerbiak

Why would trade Garnett for jefferson? That wouldnt improve are team at all. If I was McHale I would trade Garnett for Jason Kidd, a PF and Next year and the year after draft picks. That would give us the best PG in the league look at Kidd's ppg, reb, assists. I know he is older but at 33 he may go another 7 years and having a experienced PG would improve our team. I think some of Vince Carters scoring comes from Kidd and Davis would be the main scorer
WallySzczerbiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #40
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

You would seriously rather have Jason Kidd than RJ? Are you dumb?
Old 07-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #41
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

I'm a Bulls fan. I wanted to see what the Twolves fan thought about all the rumors. After reading this guy say that the Twolves should trade KG for Kidd, I'm having doubts that TWolves fans know anything about basketball! Was that guy on crack? KG for Kidd?? Are you serious? AHH!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #42
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

Kidd?? thats terrible even Isiah would have second thoughts about that one!!
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:18 AM   #43
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
I'm a Bulls fan. I wanted to see what the Twolves fan thought about all the rumors. After reading this guy say that the Twolves should trade KG for Kidd, I'm having doubts that TWolves fans know anything about basketball! Was that guy on crack? KG for Kidd?? Are you serious? AHH!!!

dont let one fan mislead u and judge everyone.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #44
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

Keep him. try to add pieces around him.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #45
Bacardi&Cola

We aren't going to win any championships with Garnett. The window of opportunity has pretty much slammed shut. But, I don't want to just give him away either. If Chicago is able to trade for him, I think we should make them include their 1st round pick for 2007. I heard during the draft that they can swap picks with New York if they want...so, since the Knicks will suck next year, it might be worth it if we can get Greg Oden (who is the early fav to go number 1). But I don't want Tyrus "stringbean" Thomas because I think he's going to be a joke. I don't want Ben Gordon because he's an undersized SG (ala T-Hud), and Tyson Chandler is only worth about half of what he's getting paid. Therefore, I'm not sure how the Bulls would be able to make this deal with me if I were the GM.
Bacardi&Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: