Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Should Pavlovic get back in the lineup?

Reports out of Cleveland say that Sasha Pavlovic is ready to go, but the question of whether or not he will get back into the rotation is up in the air.

Quote:
Sasha says he's ready to go, but that doesn't mean he'll see the floor any time soon

INDEPENDENCE After teaming with Anderson Varejao for a spirited game of two-on-two against assistant coaches Chris Jent and Lloyd Pierce on Thursday at Cleveland Clinic Courts, Cavaliers guard Sasha Pavlovic pronounced himself ready to play against the Washington Wizards tonight in Game 6.
However, judging from the tone of Cavaliers coach Mike Brown, whose team leads 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, its probably not going to happen.
Its tough because Sasha hasnt had any live action (since spraining his ankle on April 14), Brown said. Its hard for me to say Sasha is going to be ready for playoff action like this.
Brown didnt totally rule out playing the 6-foot-7, 239-pounder, who was in uniform for the first time in the series in Game 5, but said right now, its not at the top of my list.
Pavlovic, who had a down season after missing all of training camp due to a holdout and then suffering two foot injuries, understands the reasoning, but vows to be ready if needed.
I feel a lot better, he said. Im ready to play. Its Coachs decision. Whenever he calls my name, Im going to go in and play as hard as I can and try to help us get a win.
The two Cleveland players who have seen most of the action at shooting guard in the series, Wally Szczerbiak
(14-of-39) and Devin Brown (8-of-30), are shooting a combined .319 from the field.
Mike Brown said Szczerbiak will continue in his starting role, but added LeBron James may defend Caron Butler at the start of Game 6. Butler had 14 points against the slow-footed Szczerbiak in the first period of Game 5 en route to 32 for the night.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/05/02...ng-any-action/

So, what is the consensus?

Should Sasha get back into the rotation, assuming he is healthy? He hasn't played much this season with his hold-out and injury problems, but I still feel like he has something to contribute. He is probably our best defensive two and he can be an explosive scorer.

Then again, it seems as though Wally, Boobie, and Brown have a good thing going.

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should Pavlovic get back in the lineup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Reports out of Cleveland say that Sasha Pavlovic is ready to go, but the question of whether or not he will get back into the rotation is up in the air.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/05/02...ng-any-action/

So, what is the consensus?

Should Sasha get back into the rotation, assuming he is healthy? He hasn't played much this season with his hold-out and injury problems, but I still feel like he has something to contribute. He is probably our best defensive two and he can be an explosive scorer.

Then again, it seems as though Wally, Boobie, and Brown have a good thing going.

we already got an ok rotation so dont mess it up by adding him. he cant shoot and all he can really do is defend but wally has been doing a pretty good job as of late so i'd keep him in the starting 2 spot
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
we already got an ok rotation so dont mess it up by adding him. he cant shoot and all he can really do is defend but wally has been doing a pretty good job as of late so i'd keep him in the starting 2 spot

Pavlovic's been so inconsistent. We really just gotta keep with what we have for right now.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Next season we need to give him a shot, and then trade his a$$ if he starts performing well again.

We can't have him screwing things up right now, and I don't think he has much long term potential. I've watched the kid for a few years now, and his offensive decision making is _almost_ as bad as Varejo's.

He's also a terrible finisher and terribly inconsistent.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

this will help them defend ray allen
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I say put Sasha in on defensive situations. He's a much better defender than Wally. If Wally is doing terrible on the offensive end, but Sasha in, get something to work.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
lbkingjames_fan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lbkingjames_fan has an OK reputation so far

nope dont have him start,

cavs are doing good with wally at SG.

you dont wanna mess up the team chemistry
he can be like a 6th man. or 8th.

doesnt matter just dont have him start. he cant really shoot. but! he cant defend fairly well. while wally really sucks at D.

soo its up to mike brown to do the right choice lol
lbkingjames_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
lbkingjames_fan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lbkingjames_fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I say put Sasha in on defensive situations. He's a much better defender than Wally. If Wally is doing terrible on the offensive end, but Sasha in, get something to work.

Yep!
lbkingjames_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbkingjames_fan
Yep!

That's kinda not the question though.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

After watching game 3 and 4 I don't know now. Dont' get me wrong Wally isn't a great defender, but in those 2 games he did really well chasing players off screens and sticking with his player he was guarding which was nice to seem him hustle. It was great to hear the crowd chant "Wally! Wally! Wally!" to give the guy some confidence. Hopefully he can put up solid numbers as he did in Seattle with 40%+ 3P shooting.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

Did you already forget when Mike Brown used to do that with Eric Snow? It was like 4/5 on offense.

At least Snow never took a shot. Sasha is actually worse, because he takes bad shots.

Mathius
Old 05-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Did you already forget when Mike Brown used to do that with Eric Snow? It was like 4/5 on offense.

At least Snow never took a shot. Sasha is actually worse, because he takes bad shots.

Mathius
Pavlovic is like Elgin Baylor compared to Eric Snow. Come on, now. Eric Snow could not make a layup. He couldn't make a 4-footer.

Sasha is actually a pretty decent scorer when he gets it going. I don't see a comparison, there.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #13
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Pavlovic is like Elgin Baylor compared to Eric Snow. Come on, now. Eric Snow could not make a layup. He couldn't make a 4-footer.

Sasha is actually a pretty decent scorer when he gets it going. I don't see a comparison, there.

How can you not? Sasha is a horrible finisher and he's shooting 30% for the year. Yeah, he had an ok year last year, but this isn't last year.

At least Snow could run an offense. Sasha can't even do that.

And I don't wanna hear anyone twisting this around and trying to make it out like I wish we still had Snow in the lineup, because he was horrible. I'm just saying that this year, Sasha is worse.

Mathius
Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #14
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Sad to hear everybody knockin' my man Aleksandar. I don't know what it is about him. But I like him. Kinda like I have no reason to hate Tony Parker, I just do. He's money from downtown. In 04-05 (straight from his NBA.com bio) he averaged up 5 points and a rebound in like 13 minutes a game. Hahahaha... For kicks try this. Compare on NBA.com Pavlovic vs. Ben Wallace. That's real funny considering one of them never plays and one of them is a starter. Give him a chance, he's a good player.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: