Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
RADAR
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27
Thumbs up Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Or else he's New York, New Jersey, or Brooklyn bound.

All the Cavs gotta do is sign the big-game free agent that they thought they had a couple years ago in Larry Hughes. Lebron's Sidekick = Someone who can assume that role and not have a problem with it. Could that someone be Shawn Marion?
RADAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,318
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

It definately has to be another scorer of some type. The Cavs always lack offensive minus James, and sometimes Big Z makes the shots he should make.

God damn you Michael Redd, you should've of signed with us 2 years ago and not cursed us with Larry Hughes!
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,919
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...5~15&te=&cash=


This is the trade proposal i made in the main NBA Forum. I hope the Cavaliers management will pull this transaction because the Cavs are going to have a legit 2nd option in Michael Redd, and they can also have a major improvement in the PF position by acquiring Charlie Villanueva in this deal.

The Cavs will likely draft a Center in the 2008 NBA draft to replaced the Aging Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and I think this transaction will help the Cavalier to get back in the Eastern Conference Finals next year.


Cavaliers Starting 5

C- Ben Wallace
F- Charlie Villanueva
F- Lebron James
G- Michael Redd
G- Delonte West

Off the Bench

C- Kousta Kofos - ( First round pick in the 2008 NBA Draft)
F- Anderson Varejao
F- Gerald Green ( sign as a Free Agent)
G- Sasha Pavlovic
PG- Daniel Gibson

C- Dan Gadzuric
G- Juan Carlos Navarro ( Free Agent Signing)
PF- Joe Smith

Coach: Avery Johnson
Asst.Coach: Mike Brown, Eric Snow, and Mark Price
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,318
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...5~15&te=&cash=


This is the trade proposal i made in the main NBA Forum. I hope the Cavaliers management will pull this transaction because the Cavs are going to have a legit 2nd option in Michael Redd, and they can also have a major improvement in the PF position by acquiring Charlie Villanueva in this deal.

The Cavs will likely draft a Center in the 2008 NBA draft to replaced the Aging Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and I think this transaction will help the Cavalier to get back in the Eastern Conference Finals next year.


Cavaliers Starting 5

C- Ben Wallace
F- Charlie Villanueva
F- Lebron James
G- Michael Redd
G- Delonte West

Off the Bench

C- Kousta Kofos - ( First round pick in the 2008 NBA Draft)
F- Anderson Varejao
F- Gerald Green ( sign as a Free Agent)
G- Sasha Pavlovic
PG- Daniel Gibson

C- Dan Gadzuric
G- Juan Carlos Navarro ( Free Agent Signing)
PF- Joe Smith

Coach: Avery Johnson
Asst.Coach: Mike Brown, Eric Snow, and Mark Price

I like it, but I'd perfer Andy starting over Wallace at this point. Andy isn't quite as a liability on offensive as Wallace, but for some reason Wallace just scares me so much more when he has the ball on offensive side, as in turning it over.

I like the idea of bringing in a control freak (LOL) as weird as that sounds. I think someone needs to get the Cavs offense in order...and I like the idea of Mike Brown being a Asst. Coach to keep the defensive mind set still there.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
InLebronWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 692
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I like it, but I'd perfer Andy starting over Wallace at this point. Andy isn't quite as a liability on offensive as Wallace, but for some reason Wallace just scares me so much more when he has the ball on offensive side, as in turning it over.

I like the idea of bringing in a control freak (LOL) as weird as that sounds. I think someone needs to get the Cavs offense in order...and I like the idea of Mike Brown being a Asst. Coach to keep the defensive mind set still there.



I think you are both on crack, straight up. There's no way this would happen, nor would Mike Brown be forced to step down to asst. He'd rather leave. They just signed redd to a big A$$ contract years back anyway.. And I don't want villanueva. That starting 5 you through out is scary small.

Big Ben always has to start over Varejao. Hand's down. He's still a stud on defense, and he does make his dunks.. leave him alone. haha
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Just where are we going to get the cap money to sign this big time free agent?

Our big time expirers come off the books NEXT off season.

And again, just WHY would Lebron leave? Because he might get a little more money from Nike? The Cavs can pay him more, and they're going to win a hell of a lot more games than the Knicks or the Nets. Both teams suck.

Also, Lebron doesn't believe in rebuilding.

I'm tired of explaining all this $hit to you retards with no brains.

And if I hear Lebron23 say anything about f*cking Gerald Green one more f*ing time, I swear on my left testicle I will troll every thread he takes part in until I have him in tears.

Somebody ban this f*ing moron.

I have him on ignore and still people quote this f*ckhead's threads as if he has anything intelligent to say.

It's about as damn stupid as every one of the morons that reply to PB's threads instead of just ignoring him so we don't have to deal with it anymore.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

This "chatter" about LeBron possibly leaving isn't coming from anywhere credible, either, I might add. If you google "LeBron wants to leave Cavs" (which I just did to see what would pop up), all that comes up are random messageboard postings, old news about LeBron wanting kidd, etc. ESPN is on 24/7. Skip Bayless and co. need SOMETHING to yap about. All it is is hot air.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
InLebronWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 692
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
This "chatter" about LeBron possibly leaving isn't coming from anywhere credible, either, I might add. If you google "LeBron wants to leave Cavs" (which I just did to see what would pop up), all that comes up are random messageboard postings, old news about LeBron wanting kidd, etc. ESPN is on 24/7. Skip Bayless and co. need SOMETHING to yap about. All it is is hot air.


Skip Bayless can burn in h3ll. "Prince James" Shut your mouth. We're gonna be a lot better with the team we have, we can actually start a season with a team and hopefully keep it. This isn't the Miami Heat thread, we didn't go from champs to winning like a half dozen games, people need to recognize. Yeah, so we're in the east? We're still a good team.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 441
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Here are various trades I play with some make good sense, some I'm not sure how realistic they really are either. But they are not far fetched...

First between NY, Charlotte, and Cleve...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...30~5&te=&cash=

Cleveland receives- Jason Richardson and Zach Randolph

Charlotte receives- Jared Jeffries, Damon Jones, and you have to throw in a pick, maybe an 09 NY 1st, since NY gets the hugh expiring and unloads 2 long contracts.

NY receives- Anderson Varejoa and Wally Sz.

Cleveland would get 2 NBA tested players, both who can score and create, Zach has the post game, lacks D, J Rich can pretty much do it all, I like Richardson's BBall IQ also.

Ny adds $12 mill expiring and Varejao could be a nice complement to Curry and David Lee. Ny rids Randolph and Jeffries contracts.

Charlotte- could use Jeffries, he's a solid role player, and Snow is an expirer, but I'll admit they get the raw end of this deal, so that's why I'd add a 1st rounder, or maybe 1 of NY's young players, something to make it worth while for Charlotte.

Last edited by Cavs2007Champs : 05-20-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #10
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 441
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

I've taken ideas of trades thrown around by other posters. These next 2 deal solely with NY.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8~18&te=&cash=

Cleveland receives- Randolph and Jeffries

NY receives- Ben Wallace, Anderson Varejao, and 2nd round pick 09.

NY cuts Randolphs contract down a year, add AV who could be nice next to AV and Curry, and might be the hustler D'Antoni could use off the bench. Then the 2nd round pick to even things out, cuz Ben Wallaces contract isn't a great one either.

Other NY trade...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8~18&te=&cash=

Cleveland receives- Randolph, Jeffries, Wilson Chandler (or Balkman or pick)

NY receives- Wally Z, Sasha Pavlovic, Anderson Varejao

NY cuts down 2 long contracts, and get 2 young players, AV has a player option and could be a nice rold player. Pavs isn't much IMO, I'm not sold on him as a player but you could replace him with Snow or Jones so then NY would have $16-17 mill in expirings, and AV's $5 mill if he exercises his Player Option.

NY could replace Chandler with Balkman or a draft pick. If we're taking the long contracts and giving NY expirings and some youth, I'd like some compensation in the form of 1 of their young players or a pick.

I'm sure NY would opt for the deal with Wally to get the expirings..

Cleveland-
PG- West
SG- Jeffries
SF- James
PF- Randolph
C- Z

Bench
PG- Gibson, Jones, Snow
SG- Brown, (add Pavs if you deal Snow)
SF- Chandler
PF- Smith
C- Wallace

I'd be satisfied with that starting lineup, and we could still have a Jones expiring and Pavs or Snow to deal. I'd assume Smith is a veteran we'd like to keep, but he 2 has an expiring next season. And then in the 09 off season Wallace could be used as bait.

And yes I know that's a lot of trade scenario to break down, but I just break down other trade alternatives I've seen posted, and I've seen a few that liked the idea of adding Randolph, I like his offensive game, but he has character questions and a defensive liability, him and Z would equal a rather soft front line, that's where we would need a true defensive big man.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #11
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,318
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Just where are we going to get the cap money to sign this big time free agent?

Our big time expirers come off the books NEXT off season.

And again, just WHY would Lebron leave? Because he might get a little more money from Nike? The Cavs can pay him more, and they're going to win a hell of a lot more games than the Knicks or the Nets. Both teams suck.

Also, Lebron doesn't believe in rebuilding.

I'm tired of explaining all this $hit to you retards with no brains.

And if I hear Lebron23 say anything about f*cking Gerald Green one more f*ing time, I swear on my left testicle I will troll every thread he takes part in until I have him in tears.

Somebody ban this f*ing moron.

I have him on ignore and still people quote this f*ckhead's threads as if he has anything intelligent to say.

It's about as damn stupid as every one of the morons that reply to PB's threads instead of just ignoring him so we don't have to deal with it anymore.

Mathius

Take a chill pill in-my-opinion. Take sh!t too seriously LOL

Last edited by Meticode : 05-20-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Take a chill pill in-my-opinion. Take sh!t too seriously LOL

Why should I be surprised to hear that from the idiot that quoted and responded to that troll's babble?

You know what? He's not even a troll. He's too f'ing stupid to realize everything he says is f'ing retarded.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
InLebronWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 692
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Why should I be surprised to hear that from the idiot that quoted and responded to that troll's babble?

You know what? He's not even a troll. He's too f'ing stupid to realize everything he says is f'ing retarded.

Mathius


And who says "LOL?"


How old are we, 8?



And was a rebuilding thread even necessary to be started on the day of the loss against Boston? The draft hasn't even come yet. Our first game wont be for a good 5 months and 2 weeks or so, I think we have time.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,318
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

It's ashame people can't keep threads on topic, they have to go off on the posters like children because they can't control their emotions. It's not very impressive watching someone's emotions get the better of them.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
Whiteness
Banned
 
Whiteness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 918
Default Re: Offseason 2008: Start showing that you wanna keep Lebron......

Well... I'll do my best to stay on topic.

However, as far as Lebron goes I doubt he could be on a team and not make it to the playoffs, but overall he fits so well in Cleveland. They're just missing that X-factor to make them unstoppable.

They have great Guard talent in Gibson and West. Lebron is their superstar, and they have Szczerbiak or Pavlovic for his bench counterpart. They're weakness IMO is at the Power Forward situation they play. Wallace has poor decision making abilities and Verejao plays basketball like a high school girl. They need to figure something out. I think everyone saw what a great decision maker and ball player Joe Smith is as a bench player.

Now with all this said CLE is a talented bunch of guys, but they're still not a team. Fix the PF situation and find your piece to the puzzle and these guys will trump any team in the playoffs next year.

P.S. I don't much care for Mike Brown
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy