Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
dak121
College superstar

Default Carlisle to the Mavs. Paxson is down to 2 choices in my opinion.

If the guy isn't D'Antoni or Johnson then Paxson needs to leave. Simple as that. Get the best guy available or get the hell out.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
bulls0704
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Carlisle to the Mavs. Paxson is down to 2 choices in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
If the guy isn't D'Antoni or Johnson then Paxson needs to leave. Simple as that. Get the best guy available or get the hell out.

So YOU know who the best guy is. Your post always crack me up. It is either all negative or all knowing. If you know who the best guy is maybe you should find a way to get a hold of Reinsdorf and tell him that he has the wrong guy as GM and that you should be doing it. Then you can go in there and wave your fantasy basketball magic wand and make all good things happen.

I am not quite sure if those 2 are good choices. Neither has proven too much. Johnson has more than D'Antoni but they both buckle under pressure while they have stars on their teams.

Who knows what will happen but I know Pax isn't just sitting on his hands doing nothing. He is trying to make sure he gets it right this time or he knows his job is gone
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I don't know who Paxson should choose. I said in another thread it all depends on what kind of moves he wants to make. If he can go out and get a point guard like Baron Davis and a couple other players who can score then D'Antoni would probably be the best choice especially with Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng. But if Paxson tries to go after Elton Brand and keeps Hinrich, Noah, Nocioni, Sefolosha, Deng, etc. then I say they need someone like Avery Johnson who can get the team to play defense.

Rick Carlisle was probably the best choice for the job if Paxson wanted this team to become that hard working team like they were in the previous 3 seasons under Scott Skiles. The team that played great defense and went after every loose ball and played hard. IMO, Avery Johnson is probably their best choice now for that.

If it's not those two then I think Paxson should look into hiring someone from the Spurs staff. That's such a great team to try and build after.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Out of those two I'd choose Avery, because I don't feel that D'Antoni is a good fit.

And like ConanRulesNBC said, assistants from other teams are not out of the question either. I was also thinking Tom Thibodeau from the Celtics since he's defensive minded as well
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Who are some of the assistant coaches/staff from the Spurs? Do you think any of them would be good? If I were to pick an assistant coach I'd want someone from the Spurs.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Here is the current Spurs assistant coaching staff and their NBA.com profiles

Mike Budenholzer
Don Newman
Brett Brown
Chip Engelland
Chad Forcier
Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Paxson should sign Avery. He's an all around damn good coach. "Me and some buddy's were talking about this earlier." It's a shame how the coaches always takes the blame for team failures. It's not his fault the players aren't following the plays. And working under a micro managing jacka$$ like Mark Cuban definetly doesn't help either. Critism aside he did a good job with that team. Some people like to say the truth lies in the stats. Well Just take a look at his win/loss total, and his career as a whole. Firing Avery was the dumbest decision dallas ever made. That even tops the trade of Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. (even though Kidd is still my boy) Look out Mavericks there's a new Isaeh Thomas in town, and his name is Mark Cuban.

Last edited by Ring#7 : 05-05-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #8
ILballa
Hemp Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
Out of those two I'd choose Avery, because I don't feel that D'Antoni is a good fit.

And like ConanRulesNBC said, assistants from other teams are not out of the question either. I was also thinking Tom Thibodeau from the Celtics since he's defensive minded as well
Same here, I would like Avery better as the new bulls coach.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
Here is the current Spurs assistant coaching staff and their NBA.com profiles

Mike Budenholzer
Don Newman
Brett Brown
Chip Engelland
Chad Forcier
I'm familiar with Brett Brown as he coached in Australia for several years. He's pretty good, I have no idea how'd he go in the NBA, but he's had years worth of expierence as a head coach in Australia, and also coached our National team for a long time too.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I'm familiar with Brett Brown as he coached in Australia for several years. He's pretty good, I have no idea how'd he go in the NBA, but he's had years worth of expierence as a head coach in Australia, and also coached our National team for a long time too.

well I don't know much about him, but if he's had years of experience then it might be worth a shot somehow if all else fails..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: