Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why no love for Chalmers???

In my opinion he is the most complete PG in the draft and should be at least a mid 1st round draft pick.
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: Why no love for Chalmers???

Not most complete... by far.

Plus, you're from Alaska.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why no love for Chalmers???

im with you that he may be slightly underrated- but when you list out the picks chalmers doesnt quite fit into the lottery or probobly the teens

i know a lot of people view him as a second rounder but i could definitly see him in the 20's with so many teams searching for a pg right now

imo the perfect spot for him would be to san antonio in the late 20's- he could make a great backup to parker and replace jaque vaughn and stoudimire

i have him as the 4th rated point gaurd but a full notch behind rose, westbrook and bayless- add in combo gaurd oj mayo and 2 gaurds gordon, batum, and courtney lee and that makes atleast 7 gaurds going before him- i might?? place a couple other 2's like buddinger or bill walker and maybe even CDR

i would choose chalmers over dj augustine in a second, though many others see augustine as a lottery pick- this draft also has good depth at center wich is another prime position that those players may all go quickly

a reason that your guy might be underrated is a similar situation to russel westbrook- some of these guys dont understand that for the sake of the team chalmers(&westbrook) play the 2gaurd spot in college- this doesnt automatically mean they should be thought of as combo gaurds in the nba- both players are nba point gaurds-

how do you rank the entire list of gaurds? point gaurds or all?

this years draft imo has better depth than weve seen for a while, so imo as a fan of chalmers you should maybe be happy and hope he goes late 20's to a good team- i know i wish westbrook could slide to 20 for the nugs- but i know that isnt happening- fact is around 20 is when you should turn the draft on if you are watching for chalmers
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: