Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation
Default Hornets Sting Spurs 101-82

Quote:
Wire Reports - Comtex AP
Sunday, May 04, 2008

David West scored a career playoff-high 30 points to lead the New Orleans Hornets to a 101-82 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in Game 1 of their second-round playoff series Saturday night.

Chris Paul added 17 points, 13 assists and four steals for New Orleans, which trailed by as much as 11 in the first half but stormed into the lead for good in the third quarter.

Tim Duncan had a rare terrible night, going 1-of-9 from the field for a career playoff-low five points and only three rebounds.

The Hornets swarmed Duncan with double teams throughout the game, forcing San Antonio to look for points from outside.

The Spurs hit 12 3-pointers in the game, but also missed 19.

The Hornets dominated the inside, outrebounding San Antonio 50-34 and outscoring the Spurs 46-26 in the paint. The Hornets also shot 50 percent, while the Spurs finished at 40.8 percent.

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Re: Hornets Sting Spurs 101-82

Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Video 5/3/08
Old 05-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
TB3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TB3 has an OK reputation so far

Horrible night for me, I freaked. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.
TB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wasn't able to watch the game, but was this a result of Duncan just having a really, really bad game, or were the Hornets able to contain him? I hope he just had a bad game, otherwise it's bad news for the Spurs.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

PCB Spurs Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I wasn't able to watch the game, but was this a result of Duncan just having a really, really bad game, or were the Hornets able to contain him? I hope he just had a bad game, otherwise it's bad news for the Spurs.

It was a bit of both. Tim didn't play well, but he was guarded really well too. They really need one of the other Big 3 team to step up offensively!!!!! I am hoping that he can overcome West tonight and still have Tony or Manu step up. Manu just didn't look like himself Sat nite. I know he's hurt but usually he plays better. He made several bad turnovers and missed FT and his usual shots! It was a strange 2nd half. They did pretty well 1st half, but then 2nd half was like they did a complete about face.
PCB Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We all know how well Tim performs during the playoffs and I'll be damned if, not only West, but the entire Hornets team are able to contain Duncan again. Saturday's game was a terrible performance by Duncan, and I suppose the rest of the team, but I highly doubt that Tim will have another bad game like that.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: