Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool
Default I want a player-based basketball game!

I found New Star Soccer 3 a few months ago online, and it was very very fun because you were a player not the team. You sign contracts with teams and companies, train, manage your money and your outside life, and most importantly, you control one guy in the game. It seems boring to just control one guy because you're not always with the ball you can't really control how well your team plays, but trust me it's much fun because you do the little things off the ball and it's more real.

Does anyone know of a bball game like this? If not they need to do it there is so much potential.

I think basketball video games are even more conducive to playing this style because there is so much more you can do without the ball, and defense would be great. I love playing as one guy on defense anyways in the NBA2k's.

They could make it so a teammate sometimes calls a play that shows up on the screen like if he wants an iso or a screen and if you don't do it, it hurts chemistry and you lose minutes/ don't get touches as often. Tons of stuff they can do.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
cartmanclone

Default Re: I want a player-based basketball game!

that wouldbe stupid to create a game just for the individual..all they need to do is include a superstar mode like madden, where you are a specific position, but It doesn't work as well with basketball
Old 05-06-2008, 03:27 AM   #3
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanclone
that wouldbe stupid to create a game just for the individual..all they need to do is include a superstar mode like madden, where you are a specific position, but It doesn't work as well with basketball

On the contrary, I think it would be a great and interesting feature. I mean seriously, whats the harm in trying? If people don't enjoy it, they don't have make another one. You have to try things like this to see if they will be successful. I for one would love to try it, might be very interesting. Long as I got all the plays called for me!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 AM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can use player lock on 2k8 combined with certain camera angles to create the same effect.

Sometimes I get bored and just play in first person veiw with Kobe or LeBron with player lock on. You can actually pull of some solid plays once you learn to direct the AI.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:53 AM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
On the contrary, I think it would be a great and interesting feature. I mean seriously, whats the harm in trying? If people don't enjoy it, they don't have make another one. You have to try things like this to see if they will be successful. I for one would love to try it, might be very interesting. Long as I got all the plays called for me!

You can already do this in 2k8.

You can call plays for your position and run the play as the player. For example; you can play as Rip Hamilton, run a SG play involving a curl, run the curl with Rip, and the AI will deliver you the ball.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
You can already do this in 2k8.

You can call plays for your position and run the play as the player. For example; you can play as Rip Hamilton, run a SG play involving a curl, run the curl with Rip, and the AI will deliver you the ball.

Ah cool, you can tell I haven't played it yet. I need to get an Xbox or something first! :)
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: