Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default A. I. Thug?

CLASS ACT IVERSON

Monday's Game 4, the season finale.
Nuggets guard Allen Iverson emerged from the locker room with several trash bags filled with shoes he had worn during the season. His personal manager, Gary Moore, said there were 20 pairs.
Iverson went to the Pepsi Center loading dock, where 50 or so fans were waiting on Denver players to sign autographs. Iverson took shoes out of the bags one by one, signing each. Each time he signed one, he passed the shoe onto a fan.
He didn't do it because the media was there. I just happened to walk by and see the event unfold.
It was a class gesture, one even more impressive considering it came immediately after the Nuggets had suffered a devastating sweep at the hands of the Lakers

NUFF SAID
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A. I. Thug?

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this incident. The media seems to only like to portray the negative things AI does. Like when he saved someone from a burning vehicle on the road. Didn't hear much about that one in the sports section. But it was a good thing that he did. I wonder how many pairs he's given away all season. One for just about every game I think.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this incident. The media seems to only like to portray the negative things AI does. Like when he saved someone from a burning vehicle on the road. Didn't hear much about that one in the sports section. But it was a good thing that he did. I wonder how many pairs he's given away all season. One for just about every game I think.

Well after most games when they sit him down before the end of the game, he takes off his shoes and throws them in the crowd!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

AI cares about people, glad you posted that he did that
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Good post..A.I just has the image of a so called "thug" but he just a normal dude and he is a good guy for taking his time to do such a thing..he didnt have to sign all dem shoes...but of course the media wont show him doin any thing positive..but it is what it is...Go Lakers
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Props to him. I remember a year ago when Sam Cassell was with the Clippers, at the last home game of the season he came out with tons of gear and even Sam Cassell masks and signed stuff for fans waiting outside of Staples Center.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

i wish iverson and carmelo would get haircuts just to see if the refs would give them better calls- just try it- melo should definitly go mj/barkley bald- iverson just goes back to georgetown look- iverson would win the mvp as pg of the new image nugs-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #8
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

No way man, their cornrows are beautiful
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
NuggetsLakers09
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NuggetsLakers09 has an OK reputation so far