Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #16
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

dont expect anything good from sheridan. howard can certainly hold his own as he showed against the likes of Garnett last season and the season before that. shooting wont be a problem and neither will the soc alled smell factor. he's stretching.

besides many things like fatigue, food etc will affect other teams,

Last edited by jaja : 08-18-2006 at 12:22 PM.
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Well, they had similar roles based on the situation at hand. At the 2004 Olympics, Richard Jefferson's job was "supposed" to be a 3-point threat (36% in 2004) as well as a strong perimeter defender. His strengths were really inflated because of Jason Kidd, but I think Larry forgot about it when he inserted RGay into the starting lineup for all 8 games.

Joe's job in the 06 worlds is very similar. He's a main 3-point threat and strong defender, and we absolutely need him to be hitting the 3-pointers this time around.

Nope still not buying it. During 03/04 RJ only hit 48/132 3Pointers, and when Johnson was on the Suns he hit something like 47 percent of three-pointers and made 177 of them.

And anyways, RJ is known as a good defender, good finisher, and has a decent stroke. While Joe Johnson can do almost anything RJ can do, and he can shoot and pass the ball. Granted Johnson only hit something like 36% of his 3's this year, but that was with doubles thrown his way and trying to do too much. But, when he was with Phoenix and he got a open looks, he would kill the opponent, and I expect something similar to that during the WC.

Me personally I would start this team.

PG: Wade
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: LBJ
C: Elton Brand

Quote:
besides makign things liek fatigue, food etc will affect other teams,

Exactly.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

No I was referring to their respective roles on this team. Obviously, Joe Johnson is going to be doing alot more than RJ...but their common demoninator was that they both are the supposed 3-point threats for their respective teams. RJ didn't deliver, JJ NEEDS to deliver
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #19
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No I was referring to their respective roles on this team. Obviously, Joe Johnson is going to be doing alot more than RJ...but their common demoninator was that they both are the supposed 3-point threats for their respective teams. RJ didn't deliver, JJ NEEDS to deliver

I was away during the 04 olympics, and I only saw a few games thanks to my satelite T.V. But are you telling me that RJ was counted to be as our 3-Point threat?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #20
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I was away during the 04 olympics, and I only saw a few games thanks to my satelite T.V. But are you telling me that RJ was counted to be as our 3-Point threat?

YES, as terrible as it sounds. Him, Marion, and Iverson were our 3-point shooters.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #21
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
YES, as terrible as it sounds. Him, Marion, and Iverson were our 3-point shooters.

And we finished in 3rd, not bad.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #22
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
And we finished in 3rd, not bad.

thats very bad, unfortunately
Old 08-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #23
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't know if I agree. I feel our defense will carry us through.

And I think our outside shooting is good enough. From that 3pt range that's nothing to Melo and some others like Hinrich or JJ. And if given enough space its not unlikely for Wade and Lebron to get hot from their either.

So with those 2 things covered, I feel we're fine. No doubt we have more offensive options than any other team.

My only concern is defense in the paint. Maybe Howard and Brand need to use that extra physicality allowed in the paint to their advantage.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
thats very bad, unfortunately

Going by common sense, if we got 3rd last time with a worst team, we should win Gold.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #25
indy
Kids at the park dunk on me

indy has an OK reputation so far

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12622
can someone post this? Thanks
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #26
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Going by common sense, if we got 3rd last time with a worst team, we should win Gold.

Not necessarily. The World Championships are considered the absolute pinnacle in basketball competition by almost every country except the US. Usually, the international teams are stronger than the teams sent to the Olympics. Plus, there are 24 teams, compared to 12 in the Olympics. Competition is longer and stronger, and the single elimination rounds are exceptionally tough.

Recent US teams at all levels, amateur and pro, have had problems in the single elimination round. We had alot of problems in the 04 olympics-losing to Argentina and just barely beating Spain off a stephon marbury miracle...

We absolutely need to gel as a team and use it to capitalize if we want to win this thing in a convincing manner.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #27
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy
I'll PM it to you in a minute
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:22 PM   #28
indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I'll PM it to you in a minute
thanks.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #29
indy

only 3 questions
Old 08-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #30
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

ooops, let me try again
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: