Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Melo vs. Lebron

Even though Melo has beaten Lebron and the Cavs more times than not, Melo has lost the trust of the fans and i think even his teammates. He has been involved in many controversial disputes and his play on the court is not one of a leader. I am a nuggets fan, but sometimes Melo frustrates me because of the stress level he puts not just on himself, but to the Nuggets Organization. If you ask anyone who would they rather have on their team Melo or Lebron a 99% response would be Lebron. You know why that is, it is because of the leadership that Lebron brings and even Dwyane Wade can be picked over Melo.
It's all about what that player brings to the team. D-Wade won a championship, Lebron led his teams to the finals, and Melo complains about himself in not being able to be voted into the all-star game a year ago when they put him as a reserve.
When will Melo stop and think about what he is doing to himself and to his teammates. I thought he said he was going to be a new Melo after his son Kyan was born.
I hope Melo will become a leader next season, and hopefully we as fans won't have to keep saying "Melo needs to become a leader" every single year just like the past few years.
For now I'll take Lebron over Melo anyday.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Default Re: Melo vs. Lebron

Lebron is the better player but I believe Melo is the better scorer. Carmelo's rebounding has also picked up but it's not quite at the level of Lebron's. James is a true franchise superstar, Melo is just a bit under that ranking.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

the best athlete in the history of the sport over carmelo anthony- that is going out on a limb- by the end of their 15-18 year careers i do think that they will be closer than they are now- carmelo is obviously no where near the athlete that lebron is, but in many ways he is more talented than lebron - i still believe that carmelo wins more rings unless they win them together-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Lost the trust of his fans? 80% of the people at the Pepsi Center still wear Melo jerseys. I still think Melo is better than LeBron
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Wade
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: