Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #241
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 2: Orlando @ Detroit Game 2, Monday 7pm ET

You guys should be mad at Hedo's boneheaded 3 pointer.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #242
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

The refs did not want to give it to det. As I've said multiple times - refs don't care....BUT if I were a Magic fan, I'd be PISSED OFF. I'm not a Magic fan (just want a good series) and I was pissed.

The refs made the worst possible choice in this instance.

They could have said:

1. "Clock didn't start, so technically, nothing happened, gotta start it again" - -which happens in every game when the clock doesn't start...whether a basket is made or not they blow the whistle, take the ball out of bounds and start the clock and whatever happened before the clock started is simply negated. Happens daily in the NBA - (granted usually someone catches it in less then 5 seconds); or

2. Say "We can't review it, I am sorry". Its unfair but I'll buy.

Instead they did the worst possible thing, they REVIEWED it and GUESSED, that 5 seconds came off the clock and put .5 back on.

They GUESSED?!? If you cannot review the shot clock, then there are 4.6 secodns left on the clock for Orl. If you can review the shot clock and see how much time came off, then you can review the shot clock and see how much time actually came off.

Terrible. Terrible. terrible.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #243
kidachi

let's just watch an angry Orlando Magic and the Detroit Pistons with their killer instinct..
Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #244
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiad06
That 4 point lead would of been a 7 point lead.

When the Magic were trying to tie the game up when they were down by 2 with 18 secs left, they would of been up by 1 with the ball.

Games dont happen like that. Teams play different according to how the score is, being up 4 as opposed to 7, the magic/pistons may have played differently and the score ended up the same. I dont think that missed call lost the magic the game. Maybe if it was at the end of the 4th.

Saying that, i'd still be mad if I was a magic fan.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #245
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
let's just watch an angry Orlando Magic and the Detroit Pistons with their killer instinct..

During which, pigs will fly and hell will freeze over.

Angry Orlando Magic? Detroit killer instinct? Neither exist.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #246
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight20Twenty
I've seen almost this same exact thing happen tons of times both in the playoffs & the regular season.

The officials always call the ball back, reset the clock, and run the play over again.

Also, isn't the clock controlled by the scorers of the home team? In this case the Piston's organization?

Either way, if the Magic had just played with some poise early in the first and cut down on the 18 friggin turnovers, 3 points wouldn't have been enough to even make a difference.

The clock is always controlled by an outside clock keeper for the playoffs...I agree, they should have ran the play over.
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #247
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
During which, pigs will fly and hell will freeze over.

Angry Orlando Magic? Detroit killer instinct? Neither exist.

well after what happened, Orlando might be revengeful/angry.. that's what i think.. happy now?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #248
antone
I brick open layups

antone has an OK reputation so far

Orlando really blew a good chance to steal home court from Detroit.

I thought Turkoglu's 3-point shot at the end was a really bad shot and the accidental tripping foul at the end did not help.

There wasn't much they could do about the late 3 by Billups that shouldn't have counted. Stinks that they couldn't have some way of getting that right though.

Hip 2 Da Game:The One Stop Hip Hop & Sports Blogspot: http://allhiphopsports.blogspot.com
antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #249
fiad06
Great young streetballer

fiad06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Games dont happen like that. Teams play different according to how the score is, being up 4 as opposed to 7, the magic/pistons may have played differently and the score ended up the same. I dont think that missed call lost the magic the game. Maybe if it was at the end of the 4th.

Saying that, i'd still be mad if I was a magic fan.

Sure the game may of not been played like that, but the point is that the game was played like that, those 3 points became crucial at the end.
fiad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: