Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 08-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
tgwillie63
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tgwillie63 has an OK reputation so far
Default Aldridge, Why did we draft him?

It has been reported that we are building around Zach. It has been reported that we might try and resign Maglorie. We have a long term contract with Pryzbilla, ( and much loved by Portland). Where does that leave Aldridge? on the Bench?, 2nd sting or 3rd string to Zach?
To those who say Zach is going to be traded or Maglorie is only here Temporary, where are you getting your information? Certainly not from the Blazers. Those who do say that about Zach and Mags are like me and our saying What about Aldridge.
Is it not Aldridge that is suppose to be the future? Aldridge's old coach who also coached Chris Bosh said Aldridge will be better than Bosh. Bosh did not sit on the bench his rookie year.
If Aldridge is Not the Future and Zach, Mags and or Przybilla are, then why did we not take Morrison? The SF is wide open and hungry for consistency and production on this Blazer team.
I think LaMarcus Aldridge is going to be a great player in the NBA. I'm starting to believe it will not be for the disfunctional organization called the Portland Trailblazers.

Last edited by tgwillie63 : 08-18-2006 at 07:17 PM.
tgwillie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i think the blazer's were angry that they had lost their title of being the nba's most f'd up franchise to the knicks, so they are know on a crusade to regain their thrown.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

they did???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
they did???!!!
Yes, its a sad sad world
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

building are randolph...
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:44 AM   #6
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

what i like to know is were in the hell are u getting your info? it has not been reported that they are trying to resign mags, and not every superstar started or got major minutes their rookie year! infact for most rookies it is all about development. Aldrige wasn't suppose to like an instant impact player like a lebron james, but a guy that has a **** load of potiental and a good attitude. I garruantee that his sophmore or junior year he will get major minutes.
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #7
tgwillie63

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisjamin33
what i like to know is were in the hell are u getting your info? it has not been reported that they are trying to resign mags, and not every superstar started or got major minutes their rookie year! infact for most rookies it is all about development. Aldrige wasn't suppose to like an instant impact player like a lebron james, but a guy that has a **** load of potiental and a good attitude. I garruantee that his sophmore or junior year he will get major minutes.

Obviously you need to get out more. Steve Patterson and Kevin Pritchard and even Maglorie himself have stated that it is possible he could resign next summer. Let me also let you in on something, Aldridge has been compared by many to be better than Bosh. Chris Bosh got 33.5 MPG his Rookie season to develop. Here some more Allstars and other good players who play Aldridge's position that had tough Rookie seasons but got the minutes to develop into something special: Kevin Garnett 28.7 MPG (10.5 PPG), Shane Battier 39.7 MPG, Marcus Camby 30.1 MPG, Shareef Abdur Rahim 35 MPG, Channing Frye 24.2 MPG, Juawn Howard 36.1 MPG, Dwight Howard 32.6 MPG, Zydrunas IIgauskas 29.0 MPG and even Raef LaFrantz 32.3 MPG. I could go on and on but my point being experts have compared Aldridge to many of these players I mentioned, however Aldridge will be lucky to get 8 MPG on the team we have now. Not giving him the minutes all but delays and slows his development. We are not going to win alot of games next year so why waste this year of the opportunity of the development of LaMarcus Aldridge???:stupid:
Old 08-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

LaMarcus Aldridge is going a bust. He only played a few good games in college because he was 24 years old. MARK MY WORDS!!!!
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Stop comparing Bosh and Aldrige's rookie seasons. Fact is, Bosh got drafted by a team that NEEDED a PF. Aldridge got taken by a team that wasn't sure if they were going to keep their starting center. If they Blazers got Magloire before or during the draft then I'm about 100% sure that they would've drafted someone other than Aldridge. Also, I think that if Zach underperforms again this season, that he'll be shipped out of town either as a package with Miles for a big name or solo for a shooting gaurd. Magloire long term with Portland would be great. Pryzbilla and Magloire make up the NBA's best center combo, but don't take what the Blazer's front office has to say seriously. Remember, these are the guys who said they would stick with Cheeks long term. Did they? Hell no, although i prefer McMillian a lot more than I do Cheeks. The Blazers promise a lot and say a lot, but rarely do things end the way they say

Remember, this is the team that could've had Shaq and Vince Carter.

New Jersey offered Vince Carter for Abdur-Rahim, but Portland just let Rahim go. Then L.A. offered Shaq for Stoudamire and Randolph.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
JJCollector
I airball my layups

JJCollector has an OK reputation so far

If you guys haven't heard, Lamarcus will be undergoing shoulder surgery soon and will miss the start of training camp.
JJCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:23 AM   #11
s1d27

s1d27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCollector
If you guys haven't heard, Lamarcus will be undergoing shoulder surgery soon and will miss the start of training camp.

oh ****...for real?
s1d27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:41 AM   #12
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

tgwillie63 is on crack! Bulls fan here....I also think Aldridge will be a bust. NO WAY you can compare this guy to Bosh!! That is insane. He DOES have a great attitude, but he's so slim. Big guys just throw him around. He's 21..not 24 by the way. Ok, maybe he wont be a bust...but he'll never live up to #2 draft pick status. He has a nice hook shot and he's long, so that will help. He plays like a Center, but he's 6'10". I realize there are 6'10" centers in this league, but not as slim as him. SOOOO...that would now make him a PF, right? He's might miss the first month of the season, so that sucks for him. Originally, I wanted the Bulls to draft him, but when he measured out at 6'10", I said forget it. We needed a 7 footer. Did you guys want the Blazers to keep Tyrus Thomas??? Between the two, who do you guys think will be better??? I think it's too early to tell. I'm not sure the trade made sense for either team, but we'll see. Nice future, by the way, for the Blazers. I think Webster is ready to explode....then you add Roy, Aldridge as more future pieces. Sergio Rodriguez is just sick with his handles!! Have you guys seen him play??? Did he play in the summer league?? He just needs to calm down lol Sergio is going to break many ankles in the NBA. Good luck this year Blazer fans!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
tgwillie63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
tgwillie63 is on crack! Bulls fan here....I also think Aldridge will be a bust. NO WAY you can compare this guy to Bosh!! That is insane. He DOES have a great attitude, but he's so slim. Big guys just throw him around. He's 21..not 24 by the way. Ok, maybe he wont be a bust...but he'll never live up to #2 draft pick status. He has a nice hook shot and he's long, so that will help. He plays like a Center, but he's 6'10". I realize there are 6'10" centers in this league, but not as slim as him. SOOOO...that would now make him a PF, right? He's might miss the first month of the season, so that sucks for him. Originally, I wanted the Bulls to draft him, but when he measured out at 6'10", I said forget it. We needed a 7 footer. Did you guys want the Blazers to keep Tyrus Thomas??? Between the two, who do you guys think will be better??? I think it's too early to tell. I'm not sure the trade made sense for either team, but we'll see. Nice future, by the way, for the Blazers. I think Webster is ready to explode....then you add Roy, Aldridge as more future pieces. Sergio Rodriguez is just sick with his handles!! Have you guys seen him play??? Did he play in the summer league?? He just needs to calm down lol Sergio is going to break many ankles in the NBA. Good luck this year Blazer fans!

Listen Idiot, I never compared Aldridge to Bosh, Their High School Coach did and so did ESPN, and Fox Sports. If you have a problem with the comparison GET OVER IT, pull your head out of your a#$ and go kiss Tyrus!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:25 AM   #14
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Aldridge is in a Small Forwards body right now and he's fast so why not play him SF his rookie season...He's like Shawn Marion without a jump shot.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #15
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Aldridge is in a Small Forwards body right now and he's fast so why not play him SF his rookie season...He's like Shawn Marion without a jump shot.

You're kidding right, he's not in the same universe of speed or athleticism as shawn marion. He's got average speed and athleticism for a PF.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: