Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best way to gain weight

If you can't gain weight, you aren't consuming enough calories. Bottom line.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #17
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
:cletus2

You serious? I'm sure that much can't be good for ya.
I am a pescan I, so it evens out.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #18
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

My goal is to gain 35 pounds in muscle. I have not gained anything yet and I am about 50 pounds underweight but I am trying to eat more steak/red meat, oatmeal, protein bars and protein shakes. I think that might work or atleast help me maintain my weight.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #19
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lets put it this way, if you cant GAIN weight, your problem is less physical and probably mental... seriously you have to be dumb to not gain weight
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #20
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Buy creatine and proteins, workout properly and eat much (and right...)!
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #21
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
lets put it this way, if you cant GAIN weight, your problem is less physical and probably mental... seriously you have to be dumb to not gain weight

Have you ever heard of hard-gainer? IT's harder to gain weight then it is to lose it.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #22
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes I am one of those guys who has a much harder time gaining weight than losing it.

In high school, I wa 6'0" and hovered around 160lbs most of the time. When I graduated, I moved out to California and started excercising a little bit more, I shed 20lbs in a few months and now I am stuck at 140lbs. No matter what I eat, what I do, i cant gain any of that weight back. Right now my diet consists of over 4000 calories a day, a big load of protein, and some heavy lifting twice a week, and I am very slowly starting to see gains but it is a slow, difficult, expensive process.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

There are three different body types though -
Ectomorph, Endomorph, and Mesomorph.

Endomorphs have low fat levels, but they have bigger bones and wider shoulders. They're more built. A good basketball example is... LeBron James.

Mesomorphs have large bone structure, they also have wide waists and gain weight easier. They have more fat storage. A good basketball example is... Brian Scalabrine.

Ectomorphs (which I would assume you are) have longer, skinnier arms and legs. They have a tougher time putting on weight. Good basketball examples include... Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, and Shaun Livingston.

Basically if you want to put on muscle, I would suggest lifting weights (more weight, less reps), intaking protein (shakes, power bars, milk, whatever) shortly after your workout. Do this a few times a week. Just eat more protein.

If you want to put on fat, just eat more of everything and anything.

And for both, DO NOT DO cardio work (running, jogging, etc.). This will definitely not help the weight-gain process.

Last edited by ForceOfNature : 05-06-2008 at 02:53 PM.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #24
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Have you ever heard of hard-gainer? IT's harder to gain weight then it is to lose it.
no such thing

if you consume 6000 calories there is no way you wont gain weight, and if you dont then consume more
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #25
VCMVP1551

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
no such thing

if you consume 6000 calories there is no way you wont gain weight, and if you dont then consume more

You don't know what you are talking about. If a small guy like myself ate 6000 calories or more I'd get sick. If you eat until you get sick then you aren't helping anything because you'll likely throw up anyway.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #26
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
no such thing

Dude that's what ****ing bodybuilders eat bro.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #27
VCMVP1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Dude that's what ****ing bodybuilders eat bro.

He just has no idea what he's talking about. If it were that simple everyone would do it.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #28
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Rice Rice Rice. Should I repeat? Rice. Carbo, protein, all kinds of shyt, tastes great, easy to eat a buttload of them. Rice. Rice Rice. That's how I've become big & buff (ie fat).
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
Ectomorphs (which I would assume you are) have longer, skinnier arms and legs. They have a tougher time putting on weight. Good basketball examples include... Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, and Shaun Livingston.

That would be me. Very long arms(can almost touch a 8' ceiling flat-footed) and very long legs. My metabolism is very fast.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #30
VCMVP1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Gaining weight might be hard for some people, but losing weight is still harder... If losing weight was easier, you'd have a larger percentage of skinny people in the US.

No you wouldn't.

America has so many obese people because people are too lazy to cook their own food and buy fast food a handful of times per week. Add that to the fact that so many people don't have physical jobs.

With the exception of someone with a thyroid condition or someone who is morbidly obese...not losing weight is just because someone is lazy and doesn't want to give up certain foods.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: