Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 05-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Memphis Trade Idea

Pryzbilla
Frye
Jack
McRoberts
#13 pick

To Memphis For

Brian Cardinal
Mike Conley Jr.
#4 pick
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Memphis Trade Idea

I wouldn't do it. We lose both our backup C and our backup PF (2 if you count McRoberts). I'm not THAT big on Conley or the #4.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

that would be a tough deal to make if you are the blazers.

we cant lose Frye and Joel without getting another pf/c in return.

with the #4 we could take mayo or bayless. (which i like)

and Conley we already know can play with Oden.

But we would be too thin in the frontcourt. Take Frye out of there and that might look good.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
that would be a tough deal to make if you are the blazers.

we cant lose Frye and Joel without getting another pf/c in return.

with the #4 we could take mayo or bayless. (which i like)

and Conley we already know can play with Oden.

But we would be too thin in the frontcourt. Take Frye out of there and that might look good.

One of the problems is that if we traded up for #4, we'd want Bayless. But its pointless getting Bayless if we are getting Conley. I don't want Mayo at all. He doesn't fit into our team first culture, plus he is probably more of a SG, which belongs to Roy and Fernandez. Bayless is the only guy in the 3-7 range worth moving up for, but as I said, it doesn't make sense to draft him if we are getting Conley too. Then of course is the lack of backup in bigs after this trade.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Why would KP take Brian Cardinal's contract?

Isn't it up this year anyways?

I'm not sure?

But it's like the worst contract in NBA history
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Conley is, at best, a journeyman PG. No need for him. We already have three backup PGs in Blake, Jack, and Sergio. So that means we are trading everything listed to move up to the 4th pick (and one huge contract). Definitely not worth it.

I also respectively disagree with the Mayo comment from Myth. Everything I have read about Mayo over the course of the season indicates that he has fit quite well with the team concept at SC and did not cause any on court or lockroom problems. Additionally, he has indicated quite recently that he would like to play PG in the NBA. There have been character issues tied to him in the past, but I have never really been able to identify what those were.

Last edited by Renegade : 05-27-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
Myth

I read he punched a high school teammate and gave him a black eye. He is also is in the news for taking bribes. That probably won't be an issue. One season in college without a major issue isn't enough for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't give up our quality bench guys that have good character for a guy with questionable character. The Jail Blazer era is still just too fresh in my mind to do such a thing.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I read he punched a high school teammate and gave him a black eye. He is also is in the news for taking bribes. That probably won't be an issue. One season in college without a major issue isn't enough for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't give up our quality bench guys that have good character for a guy with questionable character. The Jail Blazer era is still just too fresh in my mind to do such a thing.

In Highschool Mayo got in a few fights. I did too, i bet you did as well. Thats a non-issue.

He also allegedly shoved a ref in a HS game. here is the link if you want to see it, decide for yourself. Its pretty obvious Mayo doesnt even touch him but the ref throws himself on the ground. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qkt4YdLdXjM

At USC he incidentally broke Daniel Hackets jaw in practice. Daniel and the coaches said it was accidental but some have accused Mayo of doing it on purpose.

All his coaches and team mates at USC said OJ was a great team mate, and a great person. I dont find any flaws in his character, but i dont blame you for being weary of him.

My thing is this: Even if we bring in 1 questionable character guy like Mayo, all of our young guys will be able to keep him in line, Roy, Oden, LMA, Webs...they can keep Mayo in line.

I guess it only matters what KP thinks...

Last edited by KNOW1EDGE : 05-27-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
Myth

I was aware of the ref thing. I didn't think it was a big deal, other than the fact that he was getting too heated towards the ref. But you're right, its not like he punched him. It does look like he bumped him, but certainly not hard enough to knock him down.

As I said, his character is questionable. Its not bad, but its not necessarily good either. I wouldn't completely oppose to getting him, but I would only trade for him if the price is very low. Trading our backup C, backup PF, a quality backup PG/SG, and a lottery pick is not worth it. Not even close if you ask me.

For the record, I never threw a punch in high school. In fact, never got in a fight (unless you count a chest to chest moment with a couple of shoves), but was close twice.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

Brian Wheeler just said on his radio show that the Grizzlies offered a trade of Mike Miller for Travis Outlaw and the #13.

But KP turned it down. Also some of Travis' teammates requested that he stays. As you all prob know Roy and Travis are very good friends.(Roy has said TO is his best friend on the team, and TO said the same about Roy)

Travis is also currently working out and working on his game. He said he wants to be an all-star next year.

I think that Travis will be a Blazer for a long time. He is a great young talent.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
Myth

I hate how Wheeler talked about this "big news" for the last 24 hours and that was it. He said it positive and will help the Blazers. Declining a trade is not big news. There was no changes to the team. How was that good news? He also talked about how the Raptors will not entertain trades for Jose Calderon. Lastly, he talked about how Rudy Fernandez broke his hand. Nothing he said today was good news. I'm thoroughly disappointed.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

HAHAHA!!

Maybe he was being sarcastic?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: