Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 05-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #31
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who do we want in RETURN???

Mutombo would be my last choice of the guys mentioned because Oden needs work on his offense. Kind of like how Mutombo was necessary for Yao since Yao needed help with his defense.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

The perfect guy I'd want is Hakeem...Imagine Oden doing the ball fake and the up and under scoop

O

M

G
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #33
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat coolKNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat cool

Chris Duhon-Very under-rated, would be a nice, in-expensive pg.
Luol Deng-Would be tougher to get, but great mid-range game. Pretty good player.
Ben Gordon-Undersized pg, horrible fit for the blazers.
Ron Artest-Great player, but doesnt fit the "culture" KP wants. so no way.
Josh Howard-See above^^^
Grant Hill-Far too old, only has a few good years left.
Richard Jefferson-Not what we need in a SF. IMO
Josh Smith-Would be a PERFECT fit, but i dont see him leavin ATL
James Posey-Would be a good back-up at SF
Daniel Gibson-Sergio is better than him.
Theo Ratliff-Are you serious?lol
Matt Barnes-I hate his guts. He is a punk. Def doesnt fit our culture
Corey Maggette- Like him, he would be relatively cheap and hes solid.
Trevor Ariza-Like him too, hes pretty solid.

But i dont think we need another SF. I see Martell as our SF of the future. I believe Nate and KP do as well.

Blazers are in dier need of a pg. I am convinced KP will go after a pg in the off-season.

Some pg possibilites:

Chris Duhon
Kirk Hinrich
Jose Calderon
Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Beno Udrih
Jason Terry

OR The Draft

OJ Mayo
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Darren Collison
DJ Augustin
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #34
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Some pg possibilites:

Chris Duhon
Kirk Hinrich
Jose Calderon
Baron Davis
Monta Ellis

Beno Udrih
Jason Terry

OR The Draft

OJ Mayo
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Darren Collison
DJ Augustin

None of those four would fit in Nate's "make the extra pass" system. They don't have the court vision to know where the pass needs to go before they recieve the ball, and need the ball in their hands to make things happen.

Blake isn't a flashy player, but he does those two things well. If we get another PG, it basically should be Steve Blake with more athleticism.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #35
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I have no problem with him being gay, I do have a problem with him choking guys without a safety word.

Uhhh, did I miss something??? Richard Jefferson gay???

Where did that come from???

I've always liked his game and I feel that he fits the "culture" of what KP is building in Portland. As far as the incident with the guy at the hotel - if I was in his situation and some drunk had acted up as he claims - well, I wouldn't have choked him.........I would've just bashed his damn skull against something a couple of times!!!

While he IS a scorer, I guess I have a higher opinion of his defensive play than others............
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #36
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Chris Duhon-Very under-rated, would be a nice, in-expensive pg.

Some pg possibilites:

Chris Duhon - As I mentioned before, I feel he's underrated - I like him.
Kirk Hinrich - He's BYC player-hard to trade for.
Jose Calderon - At the right price.
Baron Davis - No thanks - never been a big fan.
Monta Ellis - I don't see GState letting another possible Agent 0 go.
Beno Udrih - I've liked him for awhile-don't know why him and Pop clashed
Jason Terry - He IS a local guy (Seattle), but more shooter than passer.

OR The Draft

OJ Mayo-More of a scorer.
Eric Gordon-I honestly don't think he's NBA ready.
Russell Westbrook-Hate to admit it, but I just don't know much about him.
Darren Collison-Don't believe he's hired an agent - think he might rtn to school
DJ Augustin-I don't want Damon Stoudamire or TJ Ford, or a younger version.

blazerjimmy
Old 05-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #37
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Uhhh, did I miss something??? Richard Jefferson gay???

Where did that come from???

I've always liked his game and I feel that he fits the "culture" of what KP is building in Portland. As far as the incident with the guy at the hotel - if I was in his situation and some drunk had acted up as he claims - well, I wouldn't have choked him.........I would've just bashed his damn skull against something a couple of times!!!

While he IS a scorer, I guess I have a higher opinion of his defensive play than others............

Many people (at least on ISH) claim he is gay. I don't know where it originated, but its a continuing joke (at least here). I think it may be based on how he talks, but there could be more to it. Jefferson seems like he'd get along with our guys, but I don't think now would be a good time to get him because of the choking incident being so recent.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #38
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Portland had a realistic way of getting their hands on Baron Davis I would be beside myself.

Baron
Roy
Outlaw
Aldrige
Oden
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #39
Myth

I don't think we want to get anybody that would try to take over as the leader. Baron would probably want to be "the leader."
Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #40
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Many people (at least on ISH) claim he is gay. I don't know where it originated, but its a continuing joke (at least here). I think it may be based on how he talks, but there could be more to it. Jefferson seems like he'd get along with our guys, but I don't think now would be a good time to get him because of the choking incident being so recent.

Wow, I'd never heard that about him.....guess I always thought he spoke the way he does, maybe because of his background - so different from many of today's NBA stars - raised by BOTH parents, with BOTH parents being Christian missionaries........

I agree with Myth - have no desire for Baron Davis.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #41
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont think Baron would try to be the "leader", I see of him as a more talented version of utah Derek Fisher. He can defend against almost anybody, he can hit shots, he can pace a game, he has playoff experience, he provides big hustle and energy. Obviously, you wouldnt want him to come over to Portland and try to run the warriors run and gun offense, but if he played within Portlands system I think it would work really well.

Obviously we would have to give up a really big piece to get him, because he is going to want a lot of money this year, so its probably not worth it in the long run.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #42
Myth

I agree Baron COULD fit in very nicely. But I still believe their is the chance that he will be stepping on some toes.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #43
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat coolKNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat cool

Baron Davis wouldnt work well with Roy in the backcourt.

Davis needs the ball in his hands to be effective, he needs the green light to shoot whenever, and where-ever he pleases.

Davis would want to be "the man" and he would want to take the big shots.

I can see him and Roy butting heads VERY easily.

I will pass on him. And i think KP will as well.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #44
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, you have two rising stars, LaMarcus, and Roy, and hopefully a third with Oden. I don't think we need any star thats a stranger to come in and want to be the most important guy on the team. Think about how well Oden, Roy, and Aldridge will work together, and they are all very talented.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:36 AM   #45
Myth

So with all the so called comparisons of Sergio Rodriguez to Steve Nash **coughwhatajokecough**, do you think the Knicks would really want to get him now that they have D'Antoni? I would love to see some package that gets us the Knicks' draft pick. Maybe Sergio+#13+2nd rounder for Knicks 1st (#5?).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: