Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
SCV42
Buck Foston

Default Bad Defense, bad shots and YES, bad refs

Woulda coulda shoulda. Hmmmm. this is the first time in over 20 years of diligently following basketball I have ever pointed to Zebras for a loss. We should have won regardless, yes. We had opportunities, yes. But C'mon, I have seem home court bias since the Celtic days and I have never seen, for starters, a "flagrant" call, like I saw on Turiaf. Even my wife jumped up and called the refs soft Bitc*es when Turiaf got called for that. It set the tone. I hug my grandmother harder than that.

I know, I know. It's no excuse. You are right...There is no freakin' excuse for that. Bad shot selection. Heck, even the good shots were not dropping. Our D was softer than Irk Nowitski. But, from the get-go, did any of you HONESTLY think we were gonna win this game? The referee's were more HOMER than I have seen in many years. Call it the same on both ends, man.

Welcome Home, Lakers! Home court matters!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Default Re: Bad Defense, bad shots and YES, bad refs

We will take the next two games imo but yea these refs were the worst ive seen in a couple years... how much do you think utah paid them a piece?
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

the lakers make one more free throw, just one more then they win in regulation, nobodies fault except the guys that missed 12 free throws.....
defense was ok rebounds were fine, shot selection was pretty much ok, refs were fine...
the lakers determined their fate at the free throw line and blew it, lamar shooting 50% kobe shooting 60% is the largest flaw in the game today....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Free throws were definetly an issue. Don't forget about bench scoring.. and wth is up with Farmar??
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Respectfully, lets try to keep game threads in the game thread? Helps us to navigate the content in our forum a bit better.... please?

Game forum thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=87410&page=2

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

The refs were nerve racking today. Alot of bad calls. But thats gonna happen.The lakers need to play through that. Hopefully kobes back is ok.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
Neeuzafah
I airball my layups

STOP DOUBLING D WILL OFF SCREEN

He Can Pass the ball W/Skill
Neeuzafah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

I blame some of it on Pau too though. I mean if you really think about it, through out the whole game, the Jazz were able to do anything they wanted in the paint for like the first 24 minutes.

Pau was late on rotation, and when he did rotate he hardly contested or made an impact on their shots. Maybe he needs to beef up, or maybe we really need Bynum to win it all this year, who knows.

One thing is certain though, our D stinks our whole game suffers because of it.

Last edited by Fedor - Laker : 05-12-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Cool Re: Bad Defense, bad shots and YES, bad refs

I miss Bynum!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #10
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

can i just mention, that we got all the calls in staples. tonight they got all the calls.
guys calm down the refs will always support the home team and we saw that tonight.
WE lost due to lack of offense in OT (honestly i blame Kobe) and yes we missed 12 FTs! At any level of basketball anywhere in the world a decent coach or player will tell you that FTs count...tonight it showed, we shot like sh!t
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
the lakers make one more free throw, just one more then they win in regulation, nobodies fault except the guys that missed 12 free throws.....
defense was ok rebounds were fine, shot selection was pretty much ok, refs were fine...
the lakers determined their fate at the free throw line and blew it, lamar shooting 50% kobe shooting 60% is the largest flaw in the game today....

I agree that the Lakers blew it at the FT line but I disagree with the referees being fine. There were plenty of bad calls in the game.
Throwing Ronny out was the worst call I have seen against the Lakers this season. Price got the bloody cut AFTER he hit the ground hard; It was not due to Ronny hitting him. Flagrant 2 foul is given for unnecessary and excessive contact committed. The foul was definitely unnecessary but it was not excessive. Just watch the video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSYcH783yU The refs overreacted. They even watched the replay and didn't change the call. Back in the day, I don't even know if that would be a flagrant foul. I think it would be more of a technical call or just a very hard foul. The league seems to be getting softer over the seasons.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I agree that the Lakers blew it at the FT line but I disagree with the referees being fine. There were plenty of bad calls in the game.
Throwing Ronny out was the worst call I have seen against the Lakers this season. Price got the bloody cut AFTER he hit the ground hard; It was not due to Ronny hitting him. Flagrant 2 foul is given for unnecessary and excessive contact committed. The foul was definitely unnecessary but it was not excessive. Just watch the video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSYcH783yU The refs overreacted. They even watched the replay and didn't change the call. Back in the day, I don't even know if that would be a flagrant foul. I think it would be more of a technical call or just a very hard foul. The league seems to be getting softer over the seasons.
refs make bad calls, get over it, you win games by executing not hoping the refs give you more love than they give the other team...

if the team shoots 100% from the field, shoot's 100% from the line, doesn't turn the ball over and plays all around mistake free basketball then you can blame the refs for a loss.
but as long as the team makes mistakes, misses key shots, turns the ball over in crunch time asking the refs to make up the difference is wrong...

fact is the lakers missed a pile of free throws and turned the ball over four times in the final 5 minutes of regulation and they still tied the game, then they failed to execute on either end of the floor in overtime...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #13
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

If Kobe's back was hurting so much, he should have been more of a facilitator in OT. He was posting low against AK47? WTF? very bad idea.

Refs did not help, but that is the way of things. Cannot look to the refs in Utah.

Farmar was a negative on the court...not even a neutral... worse than invisible.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
SCV42
Buck Foston

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Respectfully, lets try to keep game threads in the game thread? Helps us to navigate the content in our forum a bit better.... please?

Game forum thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=87410&page=2

Sorry. Was I supposed to post this differently or something? Still kinda new at this as you can tell by m post count.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: