Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #16
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
I dont think you get it. You're supporting a crap movie for a bogus reason. Good job you'll be responsible for this movie scoring nice at the box office. Cant wait to see how much this joke of a movie grosses. While you and the others are at it? Make sure you go to Sam Goody and load up on bad music. For comedic purposes. So bad artists can sell records and we sit and wonder why/how.

You dudes supporting this only gives idiots more reasons to produce crap films and get them picked up. "Hey if snakes sold a good number, I'd like to think me talkin elephants can too.". You guys sound brainwashed.

I wish a rubber snake would hit me in a movie theatre. I'm sucker punching the row behind me. Phucking brawl would take place.

Nobody puts together an intentionally bad album. It's just not the same, regardless. You need to be able to see ****.

The people who put this movie together aren't "bad artists". It was done that way INTENTIONALLY. Why is this so hard to grasp?

If you don't like making fun of movies with people and making sarcastic remarks the whole way through and laughing at the absurdity of it all, then it's not for you. Now go back into your hole *****.

And to anyone who likes SOAP, I highly recommend picking up a copy of Dawn of the Dead (2004 or 2005, whenever it was). That movie was pure badass and I saw it in theaters. Pure greatness. Better than SOAP.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #17
TheHonestTruth
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 907
TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.
Default

This movie is the Michael Jordan/Larry Bird/Magic Johnson/Bill Russell/Wilt Chamberlain of all movies.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #18
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

It sounds so stupid. The director thinks of a stupid movie and hires good actors.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Nobody puts together an intentionally bad album. It's just not the same, regardless. You need to be able to see ****.

The people who put this movie together aren't "bad artists". It was done that way INTENTIONALLY. Why is this so hard to grasp?

If you don't like making fun of movies with people and making sarcastic remarks the whole way through and laughing at the absurdity of it all, then it's not for you. Now go back into your hole *****.

And to anyone who likes SOAP, I highly recommend picking up a copy of Dawn of the Dead (2004 or 2005, whenever it was). That movie was pure badass and I saw it in theaters. Pure greatness. Better than SOAP.

Go back into my hole? You're the 6'8 3/4 (you grew) virgin who cant talk to a female unless its a family relative or you're arguing with them over some geek crap. "OMG Apple comps are ASS! ROFFLES, you only want it because of the glow in the dark monitor! Period biiiitch! Get a real computer! No wonder you are in crap relationships you are a clueless bimbo! LOL! Apple Computer ROFFLES MORE ROFFLES PLEASE!".

Maybe someone should do a movie on your life for *****s n giggles? Ok now i see your point in going to see snakes because I'd go to see your life story posted on the big screen. Opening scene is the the sounds of snippin with hair hitting the floor. The birth of the bowl cut. Pure greatness. Pure badass!
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:56 PM   #20
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,323
kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

GOBB its called a tounge in cheek send up. the flick is like those 80's action movies that were completely rediculous.

as long as it doesnt take itself seroiusly, whats the problem?

what the hell movies even are realistic anyways? Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Beverly Hills Cop, Ghostbusters, Leathal Weapon, Indiana Jones etc etc etc were all insanley unrealistic.

Last edited by kentatm : 08-18-2006 at 03:02 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #21
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP
 
SixerFan03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 326
SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Gobb, maybe I'm brain washed, but I still want to see it. It has the most rediculous title ever, looks completely stupid, and has a big budget (adding to the stupidity). I'm not going to watch it because I expect it to be good. I guess I'm watching it because of the hype.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #22
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

I dont think you guys should support it. Download it online, wait for cable. I want this movie to suffer financially.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #23
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,492
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default

So let me get this right....you all wanna see the movie specifically because its ridiculous and corny?


:confused: O.K.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #24
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,613
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
I dont think you guys should support it. Download it online, wait for cable. I want this movie to suffer financially.

Like I said, its no fun if you don't go to the theater and watch it with a bunch of loud people
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #25
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
So let me get this right....you all wanna see the movie specifically because its ridiculous and corny?


:confused: O.K.

Paying $9! Cats wanting to bond with movie goers.

"Man I hope we got some kamikaze attenders! Pumped up to see some random guy scream he's being eaten by a snake!"
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #26
shadow
Laker fan here
 
shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 2,949
shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
I dont think you guys should support it. Download it online, wait for cable. I want this movie to suffer financially.
the whole point of watching it is in the theater with other people who enjoy this kinda thing. In the end as long as people had fun $9 ain't so bad.

Besides its not like the movie itself is trying to promote itself as serious. They're pretty much marketing it towards their audience. Anyone who's not into this kinda of movie would have to be stupid to accidently watch it and "waste" $9.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #27
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP
 
SixerFan03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 326
SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far
Default

You do have a good point about waiting. If I rent the movie or wait for it to come on Cable (Comcast On Demand), I can leave the room or fast forward during the stupidest parts without having to pay anything. In a movie theater, I pretty much have to watch the whole thing or walk out.

But I do want to see if it is bad.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #28
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,323
kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

satire and parody = funny
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #29
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star
 
HALLandOATES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,361
HALLandOATES has decent reputation
Default

he'll only be paying 4.50 for child admission
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #30
Zombles
Local High School Star
 
Zombles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,284
Zombles has decent reputation
Default

Jesus GoBB way to try and be a ****ing buzzkill.

But yeah, saw the movie last night after two 40s, it was pretty epic. The audience was ridiculous, great movie-going experience.

I don't think it's the kind of movie you can go to sober and fully enjoy it.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy