Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #31
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP
 
SixerFan03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 326
SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
satire and parody = funny

It's not really supposed to be a satire. It's just supposed to be a mindless action movie. A B-movie with a big budget.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #32
Chitwood67
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 46
Chitwood67 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jackson

How many movies has Samuel L. Jackson's character died in? I know he was killed in True Romance, Jungle Fever,Goodfellas, and Deep Blue Sea. How about the Kill Bill movies?
Chitwood67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #33
Zombles
Local High School Star
 
Zombles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,284
Zombles has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitwood67
How many movies has Samuel L. Jackson's character died in? I know he was killed in True Romance, Jungle Fever,Goodfellas, and Deep Blue Sea. How about the Kill Bill movies?

Yeah, he supposedly died in the Church shoot-out.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #34
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Deep Blue Sea. What another horrible movie.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,443
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Why? Plane of passengers on a plane with snakes attacking them. How realistic.

I don't support the movie, but that's like saying I don't want to see ET cause aliens aren't real.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #36
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't support the movie, but that's like saying I don't want to see ET cause aliens aren't real.

No its nothing like saying that! Do we have any proof that aliens dont exist? Some believe they do, others dont. We have proof that snakes dont just go around on a plane full of passengers killing and eating them. Get real. Sameul L Jackson walkin on phucking SEATS as snakes are playing hide n seek to bite him. Since when did a snake stalk a human being like that??? Shut up.

Shooting a gun on an airplane? SAm L actually shot the side of the plane out. Realistic indeed.

Last edited by Voice of Reason : 08-18-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #37
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,359
kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
No its nothing like saying that! Do we have any proof that aliens dont exist? Some believe they do, others dont. We have proof that snakes dont just go around on a plane full of passengers killing and eating them. Get real. Sameul L Jackson walkin on phucking SEATS as snakes are playing hide n seek to bite him. Since when did a snake stalk a human being like that??? Shut up.

then its like saying I dont want to see Beverly Hills Cop b/c its not realistic. or Indiana Jones, or Lord of the Rings etc etc etc
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #38
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,501
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default

the reasons for liking this movie are pretty lame.....i mean, its your money, but I would catch up to yall fools later if this is your pitch to see the flick.....I'd f*ck a female or something while you guys go see this terrible movie

'Me? nah, imma get at keisha tonight.... I'll holla"
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #39
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
then its like saying I dont want to see Beverly Hills Cop b/c its not realistic. or Indiana Jones, or Lord of the Rings etc etc etc

No its not! Stop it.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #40
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,443
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
No its nothing like saying that! Do we have any proof that aliens dont exist? Some believe they do, others dont. We have proof that snakes dont just go around on a plane full of passengers killing and eating them. Get real. Sameul L Jackson walkin on phucking SEATS as snakes are playing hide n seek to bite him. Since when did a snake stalk a human being like that??? Shut up.

Do you have any proof that snakes messing up a plane cannot happen? It's the same question you asked just phrased differently. Both are not likely to happen, yet you seem to think that watching a movie for the "realness" effect only applies to movies you dislike. What about Gladiator? None of the history actually went down that way, yet it won best movie. What about Collateral? Is their proof that hit men go recruiting taxi drivers to do their bidding? How real is that? I find it also strikingly odd and humurous that you say "Get real" and then defend the authenticity of aliens with high brain capacity.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #41
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Do you have any proof that snakes messing up a plane cannot happen? It's the same question you asked just phrased differently. Both are not likely to happen, yet you seem to think that watching a movie for the "realness" effect only applies to movies you dislike. What about Gladiator? None of the history actually went down that way, yet it won best movie. What about Collateral? Is their proof that hit men go recruiting taxi drivers to do their bidding? How real is that? I find it also strikingly odd and humurous that you say "Get real" and then defend the authenticity of aliens with high brain capacity.

Snakes messing up a plane? You sound like a babbling idiot. Every movie doesnt have to be "real" but a realism, reality factor plays a part in movies like this. This is Deep Blue Sea only with Snakes in a sky. Ridiculous, retarded and moronic. Its odd and humorous your dumbass is defending this garbage movie. Maybe its because you're prematurely offended for going to give a theatre $9 to see it? Oh wait its not just the see it factor, its to bond with a bunch of strangers as each one has thier witty punchline to throw during the course of the movie. Its almost a battle to see who can make the most movie goers laugh. Phuck outta here.


Snakes on a plane and Sam L Jackson cursing his ass off shooting a gun saying "Enough is enough" is very interesting. Are you kidding me? This is a bad movie and you're defending it. Comedy.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #42
BFRESH44
College star
 
BFRESH44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coral Gables/Miami, FL
Posts: 3,177
BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default

How many times will SLJ say mutha ****er in this movie?

Over/under 10?
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #43
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

hahaah Watch this vid
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #44
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default

What's the big deal about being amused by bad movies? No different than you laughing and clowning a dumb poster like CrazyNbafan's comments. Don't see why you're getting on your high horse here when you laugh at stupid sh.t all the time.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #45
mhg88
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,385
mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason

For someone that's seen it: does someone actually say "all your snakes are belong to us" in the movie?
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy