Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default David Morway Named GM Of The Pacers

The Indiana Pacers announced Wednesday that David Morway has been promoted to General Manager of the team.

Morway, who has been with the Pacers 10 years, has been serving as Senior Vice President/Basketball Operations for the team, overseeing the day-to-day operation and administration of the Basketball Division. As General Manager, he will retain his current duties and will assume additional responsibilities of overseeing salary cap issues as well as assisting Pacers President of Basketball Larry Bird with all personnel decisions.

“I’m very happy to have David by my side,” said Bird. “This newly-expanded role maximizes David’s skills and experience and I’m confident we have the knowledge and resources to get the Pacers to the level we expect, our owners expect and our fans expect.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/david-morway-gm-050708.shtml

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-07-2008 at 05:54 PM.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Re: David Morway Named GM Of The Pacers

WTF. I thought Bird was staying as GM. I've never heard of Morway before, but apparently hes been there for 10 years.

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-07-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

Bird will stay there as team president. Morway will be the GM

I wonder if they plan on building on the current core or trying to tear the whole team apart and totally rebuilding

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-07-2008 at 05:59 PM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Bird will stay there as team president. Morway will be the GM

I wonder if they plan on building on the current core or trying to tear the whole team apart and totally rebuilding
Just keep Granger (hes our future all-star; had a solid year and is only getting better) and O'neal (his value right now is so low that its not worth trading him, and if worse comes to worse, his contract is ending is a few years).

its not posted on Pacers.com http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/080507_morway_gm.html
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i've never heard of him either but congrats on him being promoted to GM.

Quote:
I wonder if they plan on building on the current core or trying to tear the whole team apart and totally rebuilding - insidehoops

it's not gonna hurt the team to get rebuilt, they've missed the playoffs for the past 2 seasons and game attendance is crap. the only players i care about staying are granger, dunleavy and foster.

deep down i really don't think o'neal is going anywhere soon but who knows? i think they should concentrate on getting rid of the other players unless a good deal for o'neal comes thru.

Last edited by jbot : 05-07-2008 at 07:06 PM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I don't know a whole lot about Morway, but he's the reason we got that massive trade exception from Peja. Donny/Larry didn't use it well, but still a great maneuver. I'm thinking Morway will be Bird's communicator by proxy. If trades/signings happen it'll be him doing the talking. Bird's been said to be a bit of a douche in negotiations. Morway should have been Walsh's successor, not Bird.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't know a whole lot about Morway, but he's the reason we got that massive trade exception from Peja. Donny/Larry didn't use it well, but still a great maneuver. I'm thinking Morway will be Bird's communicator by proxy. If trades/signings happen it'll be him doing the talking. Bird's been said to be a bit of a douche in negotiations. Morway should have been Walsh's successor, not Bird.
i thought that move was absolutely amazing. I didnt know he had anything to do with it. I thought it was all Walsh
Old 05-08-2008, 05:30 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
i thought that move was absolutely amazing. I didnt know he had anything to do with it. I thought it was all Walsh

I don't have any evidence for or against Morway pulling that off, just think his business savvy got it done. The trade happened, then a week or so afterwards we all of a sudden had a 8 million + exception, just my opinion.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: