Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 05-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Portland / Atlanta Trade Idea

LaFrentz (expiring contract)
Frye (potential as backup Center for them - expiring contract)
Webster.....if he doesn't work out, he's in the last year of his contract
Jack (a local boy)

for

Joe Johnson (only has two years left on his contract if he doesn't work out - is capable of playing PG in a limited capacity, SG and SF) - I've been a fan of his game for awhile now - would love to see him, Brandon and Travis bringing the ball down on an outlet.....................

Course, I don't know if Atlanta would be interested in this.......however, they don't have a SINGLE draft pick, so maybe one of our earlier second round picks (either the one from Memphis or the one from New York)......or maybe even the #13 pick??????
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Default Re: Portland / Atlanta Trade Idea

Whoops forgot - Speedy Claxton didn't play last year - I'm assuming due to injury - we could just buy him out like we did Steve Francis.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

IMO. Thats giving up to much for Joe Johnson. Johnson is basically Brandon Roy with less leadership skills and less playmaking ability but a LITTLE bit better three point stroke.

I see no real need for him. Bring in a real good defender to start at small forward like Josh Howard or Ron Artest.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

BlazersDozen - I might be interested in Josh Howard - was really big on him before the admitted use of weed.....I have a very critical outlook on illegal drugs......but I have NO interest whatsoever in Ron "Tru Warier" Artest - you never know what you're going to get from him or when he's going to act up.

ALSO - what the heck is that exclamation mark on your profile mean???
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
ALSO - what the heck is that exclamation mark on your profile mean???

Are you referring to the thing in the red-outlined triangle? If so, thats how you report people for being inappropriate. You should see one in everybody's profile except for your own (because it wouldn't make sense to report yourself). If thats not what you are referring to, I'm not seeing what you are seeing.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I never made a profile LOL
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I never made a profile LOL

I assumed he just meant the info to the left of your posts (you know, everything by your avatar). Thats why I was talking about the "Report Bad Post" button.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #8
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Oh, well I made a profile after he said that. LOL
Old 05-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #9
Myth

lol.

Edit: Looks like you went really in depth too, lol. I never made a profile, but just yesterday I finally added an avatar pic after being here nearly a year.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 AM   #10
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Mine used to be Brandon Roy looking gangsta in his Huskies uni but now I can't find it. All the other pics are to big.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:25 AM   #11
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Mine used to be Brandon Roy looking gangsta in his Huskies uni but now I can't find it. All the other pics are to big.

Pics are pretty easy to re-size. I used microsoft paint, which nearly every PC should have.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

I'm to lazy for all that lol.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

thats a ok trade but johnson and roy play the same position
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #14
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
thats a ok trade but johnson and roy play the same position

I would assume we could have Johnson play SF at some times, and other times have Roy at PG with Johnson at his usual SG. Though, I wouldn't agree to the trade because we would be in a situation where people are always playing out of position. Not worth giving up several all those guys for that.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
iamflang
Can barely lace up my sneakers

iamflang has an OK reputation so far

if we were to give up that much, i'd much rather get josh smith.
iamflang is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: