Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #61
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 2: Pistons @ Magic, Game 3, Wed 8PM ET

i back from the game about 30 min ago place was electric good win for us we need the performance in game 4
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 AM   #62
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Magic were lucky Billups went down. I hope he'll be back, healthy, for game 4.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:36 AM   #63
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight20Twenty
lol, look who's back

"Would not do well even if"... Not sure how to even respond to that given thats how Dwight is used on this team now.

Most effective / common Dwight Howard offensive plays
1.) Getting up on the offensive glass facing the basket for dunks.
2.) Showing out high for Hedo or Jameer, setting a pick, and facing the basket and rolling hard.
3.) Pushing his way deep in the paint, catching and rising up for a dunk with zero dribbles.
4.) Catching the ball outside the paint. Turning to face his defender and taking him to the hole.
5.) Catching the ball outside the paint, using his quickness to spin around his defender, facing the basket for an open dunk.

Least effective and common Dwight Howard offensive plays
1.) Catching the ball outside the paint with back to the basket, waiting for the passer to cut through, then attempting to put the ball on the floor where it's promptly stolen.
2.) Catching the ball outside the paint with back to the basket, waiting for the double team and finding the open shooter. Again the ball generally promptly stolen.
3.) Catching the ball with a foot in the paint, without dribbling, spinning baseline, or toward the paint for a bank or hookshot. Still not a skill Dwight has mastered, makes some, but at least not turned over.Um, he doesn't yet have an efficient low post game and hate to let you know he's not only in the league, he's dominating it.
Maybe he just isn't talking about dunking. Also, he doesn't usually face his defender and then make a shake or jab step or anything. He takes things way too quickly like commentators were saying in the game today. If he could learn some face moves, it would improve his game. He is not a Tim Duncan or KG type of player like that. He just doesn't have anything like that. He can develop it, he's really young. Al Jefferson already has face moves at age 22 though and he's not nearly as athletically gifted as Dwight. Meaning there are players that develop those moves faster than others. Some just don't develop these types of moves. Dwight could be one of them. Dwight would be unstoppable though if he could use them.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:57 AM   #64
Jack
I hit open layups

Jack has an OK reputation so far

Any news on Billups?
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #65
Dwight20Twenty
Decent playground baller

Dwight20Twenty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Magic were lucky Billups went down.
Dwight20Twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #66
Dwight20Twenty
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Maybe he just isn't talking about dunking. Also, he doesn't usually face his defender
Yes he usually is facing his defender. Re-read post #62.
Quote:
and then make a shake or jab step or anything.
You are saying he doesn't have a jab step, or a "shake" whatever that is? Ok, thats correct. Dwight doesn't have an effective jab step in his game.
Quote:
He takes things way too quickly like commentators were saying in the game today.
Right. Just as I said in post #62. Dwight doesn't have an effective back to the basket post game like a Shaq, Kareem, or Tim Duncan. And yes, as I said, almost every time he catches the ball in the post and rushes right in to some kind of low post move, he almost immediately turns the ball over.
Quote:
If he could learn some face moves, it would improve his game.
I really don't know what you mean by "face moves", again as I said, almost all of what Dwight does offensively, is with his face to the basket.
Quote:
He is not a Tim Duncan or KG type of player like that. He just doesn't have anything like that. He can develop it, he's really young.
Dwight doesn't have anything like what? Dwight doesn't have the same kind of game as Tim Duncan? Or Kevin Garnett? I suppose I would agree with that since Dwight's game is not much like either one of those players, especially Tim Duncan.
Quote:
Al Jefferson already has face moves at age 22 though and he's not nearly as athletically gifted as Dwight. Meaning there are players that develop those moves faster than others. Some just don't develop these types of moves. Dwight could be one of them. Dwight would be unstoppable though if he could use them.
I can only assume that when you say "face moves" you are talking about the jab step you were talking about earlier, or some kind of a jump shot?

Yes Dwight would be a much better player if he added a jump shot to his game.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #67
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Any news on Billups?

He is not practicing today. He says he is still feeling pain. According to Arnie Kander, the injury is not severe and could be able to play on Saturday.

As of right now, Billups is questionable for Saturdays game. It is possible that he could miss Saturday and return Tuesday when the series shifts back to the Palace.

Alot of questions right now. One big question is can the Pistons win a game with out Chauncey Billups…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #68
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

If you perform a face move...you face the basket, look around at the defense and the guy you are gaurding and make a move. That is how I've taken it as. Dude I was talking about wasn't wrong. Dunking isn't exactly a face move. Look at AJ's game and Dwight's game and you will see the difference. AJ's a pro at his age and Dwight doesn't have anything close to what Big Al has in post skills.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #69
HeyIt'sMe
Good High School Starter

HeyIt'sMe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If you perform a face move...you face the basket, look around at the defense and the guy you are gaurding and make a move. That is how I've taken it as. Dude I was talking about wasn't wrong. Dunking isn't exactly a face move. Look at AJ's game and Dwight's game and you will see the difference. AJ's a pro at his age and Dwight doesn't have anything close to what Big Al has in post skills.

Yet AJ still managed to barely outscore Dwight this year (and trailed him practically the entire season in scoring until Dwight's late season slump) even with all his great moves.
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #70
Dwight20Twenty
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
Yet AJ still managed to barely outscore Dwight this year (and trailed him practically the entire season in scoring until Dwight's late season slump) even with all his great moves.
Just curious.

Am I supposed to know who "AJ" is?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #71
fiad06
Great young streetballer

fiad06 has an OK reputation so far

Al Jefferson who shot 1,441 shots this season compared to Dwights 974.
fiad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #72
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

You newbie Magic "fan" ****s that have been around for a year or less need so shut your mouthes and stop pretending you know anything.

Dwight Howard is not a face up basketball player. For ****s sake, have you even watched the Magic or Dwight for more than one or two games?

In order to have a face up game, he needs to have a consistent jump shot or to be able to consistently dribble around the defense and drive to the hole... neither of which are strengths.

Anyone who thinks that a strength of Dwight's is putting the ball on the floor doesn't know a damn thing about Dwight Howard.

Right now his play consists of overpowering people in the post for dunks/close layups, spinning around them super quickly in the post, sometimes taking left handed baby hooks on the left side of the basket, and sometimes taking sweeping right handed hooks across the lane.

He is not a face up player and being a face up player is far from his biggest strength. You've got to be absolutely kidding me.

Right now, 95% of his game consists of brute force and his ability to out jump/out reach everyone else in the entire league.

Last edited by Vendetta : 05-09-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #73
Dwight20Twenty
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
You newbie Magic "fan" ****s that have been around for a year or less need so shut your mouthes and stop pretending you know anything.

Dwight Howard is not a face up basketball player. For ****s sake, have you even watched the Magic or Dwight for more than one or two games?

In order to have a face up game, he needs to have a consistent jump shot or to be able to consistently dribble around the defense and drive to the hole... neither of which are strengths.

Anyone who thinks that a strength of Dwight's is putting the ball on the floor doesn't know a damn thing about Dwight Howard.

Right now his play consists of overpowering people in the post for dunks/close layups, spinning around them super quickly in the post, sometimes taking left handed baby hooks on the left side of the basket, and sometimes taking sweeping right handed hooks across the lane.

He is not a face up player and being a face up player is far from his biggest strength. You've got to be absolutely kidding me.

Right now, 95% of his game consists of brute force and his ability to out jump/out reach everyone else in the entire league.
So this dude is always like this? lol
Old 05-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #74
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chauncey definitely sounds like he will struggle in Game 4..he said he has pain when he walks,I bet he doesnt even play.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #75
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Chauncey definitely sounds like he will struggle in Game 4..he said he has pain when he walks,I bet he doesnt even play.

He sat out for practice again today.
He said he still is feeling pain but feels better than yesterday and he has been walking today where as yesterday he was limping.

He will be a gametime decision. Kander said he should be good to go and will work his magic.

I have a feeling he won't play or he will be of little use if he does suit up. Maybe they will bring in Lindsey Hunter…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: