Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 06-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Sportsmind
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Trade Time!

Speedy Claxton: May leave as a free agent for playing time and more money. Do we resign or do a sign-and-trade? With who?

J.R. Smith: Byron Scott has notoriously been very stubborn so I don't see this working, who should we trade for?

P.J. Brown: Love him, but he only has one more year left on the contract and has great trade value for contending teams. Possibly trade him at the deadline this Feb, if we're not in contention. For who?

I have a few ideas, but I'd love to see what your guys thoughts on what you'd like to see done with these players.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
HornetsFan4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Speedy Claxton - An absolute MUST to resign. I'm not sure how Speedy feels about playing backup to CP3, even th ough he gets starters minutes. He was such a shot in the arm for us off the bench and would start on about half of todays current rosters. We should do what we need to do to keep him, especially due to the shortage of quality backup PGs on the market.

J.R. Smith - See my post in the "Trading JR Smith" board. I think we at least have to be patient for a while, lets see what happens. He's young and I think he could become Ricky Davis or Eddie Robinson, 2 players who we let go who went in opposite directions in their careers. I'd hate to lose a possible 20 ppg scorer with unlimited range and crazy hops just because we gave up on him too early.

P.J. Brown - I love P.Jizzle, he is absolutely the heart and soul of the Hornets. Experienced veteran, locker room leader, and solid 10 and 8 guy who can hit the 10-12 ft jumper, knock down his FTs, and play some D. I think the last 2 years of playing out of position and banging with bigger guys have taken a toll on PJ. Towards the end of the year, I saw him on league pass miss shots and rebounds that were usually money for him. Lets do our old leader a favor and trade him to a team that has a REAL chance of winning it all in the next 2 years. If he had 3 or 4 years left (my timeline for the Hornets to at least make the conference finals) hang on to him, but lets let him pull a GP and go get him a ring.
HornetsFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: