Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default why the nugs CAN'T trade nene

whenever i see nene brought up in a trade proposal i cringe

i believe that the reason the nuggets can not trade nene is that he could never get us anywhere near eqaul value in return- i understand his injury problems but so do other teams-

i understand that we have many "fans" that have only been around for about a year and a half, and to those people he may look like a non factor- imo the reality is that nene was, is, and will be one of the most important peices to this franchise- nene gives the nugs things that no other player we have or could get would give-

trading nene would be considered strictly a salary dump because no player or players that nene could be traded for hold a 10th of the value that a healthy nene holds to the nuggets franchise- imo with those kind of odds it is a no brainer that you have to take the gamble that he gives you nothing- its like deciding if you are willing to give up a pair of 2's for a straight flush draw- your pair of 2's will not win anything while a straight, a flush, or better yet the straight flush will turn you into a monster

as far as the wasted money argument, are any of those people remembering that kmart has played only 1 full season at twice the price of nene- im not saying kmart is a total waste of money but you sure can't say that he has earned the what 60? million hes been paid the last 3 years- also upgrading what boykins gave us to what iverson gives us cost 15-16 million on the cap- the 10 million dollars that nene is recieving is small potatoes compared to these 2 players- by far the biggest financial gamble on the nuggets is kenyon martin- this season was kmarts best season as a denver nugget but in no way does that mean he is likely to play another injury free season- imo if a salary dump was needed it would have to be kmart while he is healthy as it is never sure to be the case again- plus why do we care about the salary #, we wont be able to get below the cap again to be fa players, so wouldnt keeping the cap extended be a good thing for flexibility to make a big trade?

i have always believed that the nuggets will not be legit contenders until/if nene is our second best player- maybe this will never happen but i dont see any way that it wouldnt be worth the chance- a team built around melo and nene with jr as your #2 scorer has a chance to be a real force

i also still believe that nene's injury problems were in some ways brought on by some type of pri-madona or ego/ loss of confidence thing- i really believe that when kmart was brought in and nene was demoted to the bench that this effected him more than it should have- i think nene pictured himself in the same league as amare stoudimire(their head to head matchups prove that nene may be one of the only bigs in amare's league) and the shot to his ego when he realised the franchise didnt see him that way took a huge bit of his confidence away- i really believe his mental state had more to do with the injuries than most would think is possible- that first season that kmart was here you could see that something was just not right mentally or physically with nene and sure enough he went down with a knee injury right off the bat

basically im saying(and maybe its just a hunch) i believe nene will just almost flip the switch and become a force once he is placed back as the starting center(even with camby i consider nene the center)- i think he be healthy and a force when the organization demands and expects it from him

if the core of melo, nene, jr, and klieza is broken up i will be crushed- this teams future is still as bright as any team in the leagues, these four need to be built around instead of continuing to be added to despite them- to deal nene for me would take dirk and kidd with the mavs taking on iverson and kmart and i dont see anyone placing a high enough value on nene to take on those 2-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: why the nugs CAN'T trade nene

I 100% agree with you about Nene and how Melo, Nene, Kleiza, and J.R. are the core of this team. It doesn't matter who we let go this offseason as long as we keep these four. Not only are they the core of this team, but they are young and will be the future of this Nuggets Franchise for many years to come.
What many people (Nuggets bandwagon fans) don't realize is that Nene can plain out play. I don't care if your Charles Barkley or Stephen A. Smith you have to admit that Nene is one of very few big guys (mainly Amare Stoudemire) that can take on anyone inside.
One thing that Nuggets fans don't want to see is Nene leaving and being able to play at a high level every season. We don't want to see another Chauncy Billups leave Denver and become one of the best players in the NBA.
Hopefully the Nuggets Organization realizes the value of Nene and understand why we need him not just for the future, but to surround Melo with players that think of the team first and themselves last.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
Geandily
Local High School Star

Yeah I agree with both of you guys

Melo, J.R. and Nene are the most important players on the team, if we keep all three of them together we've got a championship team. Kleiza is vital to our bench success.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Yeah I agree with both of you guys

Melo, J.R. and Nene are the most important players on the team, if we keep all three of them together we've got a championship team. Kleiza is vital to our bench success.
I was thinking maybe you guys can trade Martin, Camby and Iverson for some young pieces and draft picks
Your future line-up would be:
Nene
Kleiza
Melo
JR
and a good young pg you guys could trade for
What do you think?
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patigree
I was thinking maybe you guys can trade Martin, Camby and Iverson for some young pieces and draft picks
Your future line-up would be:
Nene
Kleiza
Melo
JR
and a good young pg you guys could trade for
What do you think?

i think that you just expained my dream sitution- and what seems like a nobrainer thing to try for once

one of the things that has frustrated me so bad is that the nugs have never made a move to even try to add youth to that group- i would be thrilled to see the nugs use this draft to add the perfect peice to this core (russel westbrook) or i really believe this is the year to do anything possible to bring in 2,3, or even 4 rookies- truelly build around what we have and for the future

i really believe the ending years of the 3 veterens big contracts should be valuble to any of the teams believing they could be free agent players in the '10 summer of lebron/wade/paul/bosh's fa( we cannot wait for paul because the real chances to pull a star like that are tiny and more important the nugs will never be able to drop below the cap to sign someone with melo and nene and by that time jr and klieza's deals

i agree with an above statement that klieza could be the perfect 6th man for years to come, though he could play pf, i would love to see him used off the bench-when klieza comes in after teams are chasing melo and jr around, they will just not be able to come up with an answer to stay with or infront of klieza-

i personally want an outside shooter to be put in between nene and melo, i cant come up with a better realistic find than bostjan nachbar( i would love to see bargnani)- i really believe nachbar paired with najera while seeming like a huge downgrade and loss of something from kmart would be perfect and keep the floor spread for the 4 - but filling kmarts role and not taking a huge step down could imo be done with joey dorsey at pick #20 or maybe later

melo and nene have shown flashes of brilliance working together on pick and rolls and with some high low type passes, and i believe that both jr and melo really want to see each other fit the role that they see themselves, and i also see klieza tied in with those other 3 in believing in each other and being ok with their own and the others roles- nugs have to move foreward for the first time in years and it really really should start now
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Good post. I agree that Nene can be a force when given the chance. He needs to be implimented into the offense more. If we can get rid of Martin for a good PG, I can definitely see Nene taking the starting 4 spot and putting up 15/8. He's also our best pick and roll player, something Denver doesn't do a lot of because of his injury. I think Martin should definitely be up for grabs this off-season. Not because he's not good, but because of his contract and the fact that we need a PG fast. Nene is a powerful force down low and there's no doubt in my mind that he can put up monster numbers when given 30 minutes a gme.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: