Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default denver post smoke signals?

is the denver post sending out fake smoke signals for the organization?, or do they have the dumbest writers in basketball media history?- or worse yet are they getting real inside informtion that is showing that the organization has complete idiots running it?

why would the denver post keep writing trade carmelo peices?- trading carmelo would be the worst move in franchise history.period- it can not happen- just impossible to logically want to do that, or at least very short memoried- melo IS the best player we have had in a long long time if not ever- melo has already proved that him and any 10 nba players is a playoff team- stop joking about trading melo, it really incites a lot of idiotic comments on the nba site of ish

the inside info that they have pretended to have says that at #20 the nugs want to draft ty lawson? are you joking- you cant take a guy like that in the 1st rd- that pick would be terrible, we need a pg but we dont need a backup pg, we already have 2 of them in atkins and ac

they have also mentioned that the nugs are in love with and would like to make a move for eric gordon- are our leaders really that stupid- do we really need another gunner who wont be able to defend either gaurd spot? if iverson was gone i could maybe see gordon making sense as the new jr off the bench as jr takes the starting 2 gaurd role

i have been trying to give these guys credit (or wanting to) but since stealing jr for 2 second rd picks they have done nothing else to show that they have a clue

the only way im going to feel good about this is if the brass really does know what they are doing and their plan was this=

"ok, we have a bunch of work to do, lets get the word to these clowns at the d post and see if they will help put out some smoke signals- dont badmout iverson in anyway, we HAVE to move him- use carmelo as this years scapegoat- last year was jr's fault the year before was kmarts fault....- also we have to move up and grab the perfect peice to add to this team RUSSEL WESTBROOK, so put out the word that we want to trade up for gordon, and never mention westbrook so we can sneek up on him, go ahead and mention a pawn like lawson so that nobody gets suspicious about us not looking for a point"

on the other hand that is an awful lot of assuming that im doing and the reality of george karl still working for the nuggets is a pretty clear sign that our leaders are complete fools

if the denver post is right on any of their "ideas" we are screwed really really bad

lawson&iverson backcourt would land us in the top 5 of next years draft and we would be there for a long time- oh yeah and if they were dumb enough to put that backcourt in the light blue then they are surely dumb enough to trade jr for their new 6th man off the bench eric gordon

will the nugs for the first time ever try to build around melo instead of despite him? it will take alot of work, but i guess we will soon see-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: denver post smoke signals?

We all know that Melo is pretty much the heart and soul of this Nuggets team, but the one question we need to ask ourselves is that, is he capable of leading us to a championship. Ever since he got to Denver he was a big hit with fans and teammates, but that is wearing out right now because of his personal problems off the court, and his one way street on playing the game of basketball. When talking about building around Melo, will he be the same player as he is now or will he be a new Melo that is going to step up and become a leader.

I disagree with you about really needing to keep Melo because we have tried a lot of things by surrounding him with a great passing point guard in Andre Miller and then we tried to help him with A.I.. Nothing seems to work unless Melo is willing to change the way he plays. I think Melo should have stayed in college with Syracuse all the way through because it seems to me that he hasn't matured yet, on and off the court. The reason why I said he wasn't mature on the court is because he needs to learn how to work with his teammates in being able to trust them in scoring or other parts of the game. The maturity level is shown especially when he can't make a shot and keeps on shooting, PASS THE BALL if you can't drain your shots or take it to the rim. Jump shots won't help him in those slumps. Great veteran players know when to stop shooting and they also know when to start passing. For the off the court stuff, we all know what he has done and has done nothing to solve it. I am tired of Melo and wondering when is going to step up and become a leader, every year since he has been in Denver we keep hoping, wanting, and needing him to become a leader. To also become a well-rounded player on both sides of the ball, especially defensively.

If we trade Melo we may be able to get some great players out of that trade. The key for the Nuggets is to find what is wrong with this team when it gets into the playoffs, and the one thing that has been the same is Melo who hasn't been able to get out of the first round since he has been here.
Melo is a great guy and player and I think he would be great somewhere else, he would probably be like Chauncey Billups, but in order for this organization to move on we have to a step backwards to go two steps forward.
It is too late for any coaches to get a grip on Melo to change the way he plays.

It is too early to make any predictions right now, but when June first rolls in the Nuggets need to make a move. I have a feeling that there maybe some surprising moves that we as fans wouldn't expect As a fan I hope Melo stays, but as a person who is knowledgable about sports and the game of basketball I know that some things needs to be changed in order to take a step into a right and successful direction. The key if we keep Melo is for him to become a leader, and for that to happen we need A.I. to leave, because A.I. seems to take on that role.

For the Nuggets they need to choose between young Melo or aging Iverson.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew

I disagree with you about really needing to keep Melo because we have tried a lot of things by surrounding him with a great passing point guard in Andre Miller and then we tried to help him with A.I..

As a fan I hope Melo stays, but as a person who is knowledgable about sports and the game of basketball I know that some things needs to be changed in order to take a step into a right and successful direction. The key if we keep Melo is for him to become a leader, and for that to happen we need A.I. to leave, because A.I. seems to take on that role.

For the Nuggets they need to choose between young Melo or aging Iverson.

thanks for the response mile high crew

im glad to get feedback from someone who is knowledgeable about sports and the game of basketball-
-im sure you noticed that with andre's complete inability to shoot from the outside that his man was allowed to freely come down to double in the post without getting in any trouble- andre and melo also both want the ball in the post themselves and only one can doit at a time- andre is a really good if not great passer, but i would think that you would have to remember that there was some flaws to his game that made him not the perfect match- i would say though that while andre and melo played together andre definitly made melo better and had things moving foreward

on the other hand could you explain to me how ai's game "helps" carmelo- im just not knoledgable enough to figure it out- the way i see it is that iverson making somewhere between 5&10 entry passes to the post per year has ended up drawing carmelo out to the perimiter to start his offense- and it hasnt been a good thing for melo to have to be an outside-in player

i stand by my thought that denver has never built around melo, only despite him- and i do think carmelo needs to and can become a leader- i just dont think surrounding him with guys like k mart and iverson is the way it will happer-

building around melo in my mind- at least 2 outside shooters on the court with him at a time, preferably 3(rasheed wallace over kmart at that time would have been the perfect pf imo)- also you have to have a point gaurd that can and will bring the ball to him-

i also agree that carmelo needs to pass more, but pass to who? where? carmelo gets the ball after a "point gaurd" dribbles up and hands back to iverson, iverson dribbles around looking for a shot, and then when its time for a bailout pass he passes back OUT to carmelo and everyone on the nugs is standing there letting the lane pack in because generally nobody will be covering carter, kmart or iverson past 10-15 feet- camby stretches the defense about as far as anyone out to close to over 15

i just cant understand( but want to if you dont mind explaining) how anyone could ever say that the nuggets have ever built around melo- jr was an accident and they try hard not to let melo and jr play together

mile high, i gree with you that either iverson or carmelo need to go, i just dont see how you would have to think about it or how their is any choice to be made

yes, without a doubt i see carmelo as someone who can lead this franchise to championships- i just am sure that it isnt with this sqaud as its made up, but i do believe that we have half the pieces-
Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

I'm not judging any of our players until theres a coaching change
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iverson being in Denver really doesn't help Carmelo much at all. As posted, Iverson doesn't give Melo a lot of entry passes at all. That's why a lot of the time Melo is set up on an iso on the wing 20 feet from the basket and he has to chuck up the jumpshot because he doesn't want to post someone up for 15 feet. That is partially Iverson's fault, as well as poor offensive coaching. Carmelo clearly dominates downlow, but they always set him up on the wing. Yes, Iverson should make more entry passes, but he can only do so much. Offensive sets is a major culprit.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

The only one that needs to go is George Karl. It's been proven that his style of play only works in the regular season, but not in the playoffs, where it counts. When was the last Run & Gun team to win a championship? the 1988 Lakers, that's right 1988!!!!. Everyone knows that Defense wins Championships, just look at San Antonio. Ever wonder why Phoenix has never been able to win an NBA title even with a 2 time MVP Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Raja Bell, + Shaun Marion? Because they or their coach much like Denvers, does not emphasize defense. But unlike Denver, Phoenix has finally realized this and went after Shaq and decided to get rid of coach D'antoni, who refused to preach any Defense to the players whatsoever, EX. just look at Steve Nash's awesome defense?..yeah right!. Meanwhile you have Denver giving immunity to a coach who is now 3-16 in the playoffs and far less accomplished as Denvers head coach compared to D'antoni with Phoenix..talk about sad and stupid. All this team wants to do is shoot and not do any of the dirty work, aside from Camby of course, and that **** is not going to get it done. They need every one contributing defensevily if they ever hope to make it out of the 1st round or even make the playoffs like this season. I don't care if they bring in Andre Miller or Kirk Heinrich, or Ron Artest..as long as that idiot of a coach remains with the Nuggets, there style of play is not going to change and they won't get no where any time soon. Denvers 1st priority is to bring in a new head coach, they need a coach who will beat some disclipline into the players and will make them play defense, a coach like Avery Johnson and they have to do it quick before Chicago picks him up.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 05-14-2008 at 10:49 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:56 AM   #7
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

^ agreeeeeeed

Karl has to be fired, FAST! I hope we can get Avery
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #8
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good post Krayzie, but I'm not too big on Avery. In Dallas a lot of their offensive sets were just isolations. That's why Jason Kidd didn't fit well there - they didn't run, which is when he's at his best, and they didn't implement a playmaking PG into their offense. I would fear Avery slowing down Denver's running game. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Denver's roster can be compared to Dallas'. A big player who can play both forward positions with a great jumpshot: Dirk and Melo. Off the bench firepower in 3's and also a good passer: Terry vs Smith. Defensive presence down low: Dampier vs Camby. If he came, I'm hoping he wouldn't try to transform the team. The coach being brought in has to know how to do AT LEAST this one thing: coach a well-constructed transition offense.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

this is where is see mark jackson with gurgurich and a couple other strong assistants as maybe fitting in- would melo and jr get coached and probobly respect the coaches- i really think its worth a shot- i wanted d'antoni so bad,and phil to denver chances got close but never quite blew up on la in time
Old 05-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

If anybody has to leave I hope it isn't Doug Moe. He's an great offensive coach from what I hear.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I don't think George Karl is the person anyone should be blaming right now! It doesn't matter who the coach is, the players are the one's who are playing and excuses for the players won't help this team, but hurt them. George Karl is staying and we all need to face the facts.
Look at the New Orleans Hornets for example Byron Scott allows Chris Paul to call out whatever he wants pretty much. That shows the players have control of the game and look at New Orleans in the playoffs, they seem to be doing pretty good to me.
It's is all about the players and if they can't play together then there needs to be some drastic changes withing the coaching staff, player personnel, and the overall organization.

Stan Kroenke needs to do some work on this team this offseason and not just sit there as his front office starts screwing him over!
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
I don't think George Karl is the person anyone should be blaming right now! It doesn't matter who the coach is, the players are the one's who are playing and excuses for the players won't help this team, but hurt them. George Karl is staying and we all need to face the facts.
Look at the New Orleans Hornets for example Byron Scott allows Chris Paul to call out whatever he wants pretty much. That shows the players have control of the game and look at New Orleans in the playoffs, they seem to be doing pretty good to me.
It's is all about the players and if they can't play together then there needs to be some drastic changes withing the coaching staff, player personnel, and the overall organization.

Stan Kroenke needs to do some work on this team this offseason and not just sit there as his front office starts screwing him over!

you are mostly right on- except for the part about a coach not mattering on how a team plays- the nuggets play open gym basketball-

i think you are really right on how there seems to be too many people trying to run the show- or not enough? - you are righ about karl being here and needing to deal with it, i just hope theyll still smarten up and send in geandily to drop the hammer on karl
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: