Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
POTTER21
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 192
Default Young and getting younger

The Sonics have a bright future despite their likely move out of Seattle. They have Durant and Green as a solid base and are going to add 6 more young talents from the draft. With the 2nd, 24th, 32nd, 43rd, 50th, and 56th pick, who should the sonics draft with their picks.

I really hope they draft Rose at 2. He is sure to be a star in the league for a while. At the 24th spot, It would be great for the sonics to draft a dominant centre with roy hibbert and at 32, i especially like joey dorsey, that can bring some energy and defence. If Semih Erden is available at 43, he would be a steal considering his potential and athleticism. Semih Erden would be a solid pick at 50, offering his size(6 7) at pg with potential. And lastly at 56, I think Demarcus Nelson would be a good pick, as he is and underrated undersized but athletic sg.

Although drafting all 6 picks would set a solid base for the future, I think the Sonics should package some of the 2nd rounders with their 24th pick to move up in the draft to select a potential contributor like DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordan, Nicolas Batum, or Chase Budinger.
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: Young and getting younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER21
The Sonics have a bright future despite their likely move out of Seattle. They have Durant and Green as a solid base and are going to add 6 more young talents from the draft. With the 2nd, 24th, 32nd, 43rd, 50th, and 56th pick, who should the sonics draft with their picks.

I really hope they draft Rose at 2. He is sure to be a star in the league for a while. At the 24th spot, It would be great for the sonics to draft a dominant centre with roy hibbert and at 32, i especially like joey dorsey, that can bring some energy and defence. If Semih Erden is available at 43, he would be a steal considering his potential and athleticism. Semih Erden would be a solid pick at 50, offering his size(6 7) at pg with potential. And lastly at 56, I think Demarcus Nelson would be a good pick, as he is and underrated undersized but athletic sg.

Although drafting all 6 picks would set a solid base for the future, I think the Sonics should package some of the 2nd rounders with their 24th pick to move up in the draft to select a potential contributor like DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordan, Nicolas Batum, or Chase Budinger.

that is a big downer for us who live in seattle!!

any team needs a combination of young guys and experienced players. to have six rookies and durant and green is TOO young to me.

given our lack of success with our current bigs (petro is a decent backup), i hope that hibbert is available with one of our picks

we could package some of the lower picks for some decent vets
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
POTTER21
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 192
Default Re: Young and getting younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
that is a big downer for us who live in seattle!!

any team needs a combination of young guys and experienced players. to have six rookies and durant and green is TOO young to me.

given our lack of success with our current bigs (petro is a decent backup), i hope that hibbert is available with one of our picks

we could package some of the lower picks for some decent vets



I agree. It would be great for the sonics to draft maybe 3 solid players with potential but 6 is a little much.

Who would be some capable vets that the sonics can aquire, only giving up a couple second rounders?
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: Young and getting younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER21
I agree. It would be great for the sonics to draft maybe 3 solid players with potential but 6 is a little much.

Who would be some capable vets that the sonics can aquire, only giving up a couple second rounders?

i admit that i dont follow closely the details of guys contracts-- who do you suggest?

i am more worried about the upcoming court case to keep the sonics in the seattle center key arena lease

if the sonics go to okc, i am preparing to adopt the blazers...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy