Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
bruinsbaseball0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bruinsbaseball0 has an OK reputation so far
Default Otis Thorpe

Lol, Otis Thorpe is the random forgotten player of the day at Random Forgotten Player of the Day

Funny. Who are some other players that played for your team but are now forgotten by most.

www.rfpoftheday.com
bruinsbaseball0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Otis Thorpe

Otis Thorpe -> Darko -> Rodney Stuckey
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

darko was so horrible, that i hope that draft there is forgotten
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Unfortunately, that draft will never be forgotten. Joe D's biggest mistake was drafting Darko. I guess we were at least able to trade him to the Magic and use that pick to get Stuckey. So at least now we can kind of say we picked a promising young PG in that spot. That's probably the deepest draft we've seen in a long time. Think of what Detroit passed up on: Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, Carmello Anthony, David West, TJ Ford, Kirk Hinrich, Josh Howard, Chris Kaman.... Next to not picking Jordan #1 it may just be the worst draft mistake in history. Think of how nice it would be to have Rasheed and Bosh down low right now. People wouldn't be talking Boston. But to get back to topic Otis Thorpe was the man back in the day.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Darko will indeed be remembered as a draft mishap but worse can be mentioned of draft choices such as:

Sam Bowie -- what did Portland ever get for him in the end?
Kwame Brown - but then he was traded for Caron Butler so thats positive…
Michael Olowokandi -- what did the Clippers get from him?

ON TOPIC:

I can remember the beast Otis Thorpe was back when he played in Houston. A solid role player
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with Sam Bowie (as I already said that) but I'm not so sure about the other two and here's why. Both Kwame and Olowokandi were starters in the NBA for quite some time. Darko has barely every cracked a starting lineup. He had a stretch in Orlando where he looked promising still, but that just could be because he was playing next to Dwight Howard. Some team next season is going to give Kwame some cash just based on his size. This year Darko only averaged 7.2 ppg and 6.1 rebounds. Had Kwame stayed in LA he would have been close to a double/double. Memphis just never used him for some reason. The Kandi Man did nearly put up a couple of double/double seasons in LA but then injuries plagued him. I was a huge Darko supporter in the begining. Everybody said the kid could play. Rasheed vouged for him all the time. 5 years later I think it's proven he's a bust.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thorpe is/was known for being a Rocket...

He played for the Pistons very late in his career, he even made an all-star game, I believe, with the Rox.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: