Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default List of Paxson's dumb decisions.

1.) Not trading Tyson Chanlder, Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford to Minnesota for Kevin Garnett back in 2003.

2.) Not trading Luol Deng, draft picks, etc. for Kevin Garnett in 2006 and signing Ben Wallace instead.

3.) Trading Tyson Chandler for JR Smith and then letting JR Smith (who would be the best player on the Bulls right now) go for basically nothing.

4.) Trading away the rights to LaMarcus Aldridge (an already 20/10 player almost) for an unproven Tyrus Thomas.

5.) Not trading Luol Deng for Pau Gasol.

6.) Not trading Ben Gordon and Luol Deng and others for Kobe Bryant.

7.) Firing Scott Skiles.

8.) Replacing Skiles with Boylan

9.) Letting Mike D'Antoni (the best coach out there right now that's available) probably sign with the Knicks.

Bottom line...

FIRE JOHN PAXSON!!
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Default Re: List of Paxson's dumb decisions.

I believe there was an actual offer that was Luol Deng, Tyson Chandler the #2 pick in 06' and others for Garnett, but I'm pretty sure at the time the Wolves didn't want to trade him yet. If that's true you can't blame Paxson. This team would be much better had such a deal happened.

When it comes to Paxson's employment I would give him this off season to do his work, but if the Bulls have another dissapointing season than he's definatley should be fired. This off season is very important for the Bulls if they want to be at least decent next season.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 05-10-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

unfortunently thats a good idea, but reinsdumba.s is not selling or leaving the bulls/whitesox organization, maybe the whitesox eventually but not the bulls, i say we gather all of our life savings and partition for the league to have one more chicago team, thats the only way, the bulls used to have the highest attendence record, and after the dynasty era they are in the top 3 every year consistently

but with that being said, this is not paxsons fault! im sure he tried to persuade reinsbi.chass into hiring dantoni, this can't be put on pax, but on reini slimey himself

well we have avery johnson but i highly doubt he'll get hired, unless he's willing to except a 3 year 10 million contract

im serious lets gather all of our money and buy a team, we'll have a board of directors running the team, instead of one gm, ill throw in 700k to start off!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Paxson needs to get some balls. Its starting to seem like he backs down from confrontation. In the past I've always forgiven Paxsons mistakes because we were still a playoff team. Obviously that isn't the case anymore. While its true that Reinsdork deserves some of the blame as well, Paxson needs to speak up more. Unless they've got some kind of trick up their sleeve to sign a major talent this offseason, i don't understand how they can let a good coach who would be a nice fit for our players run right past us. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
1.) Not trading Tyson Chanlder, Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford to Minnesota for Kevin Garnett back in 2003.

2.) Not trading Luol Deng, draft picks, etc. for Kevin Garnett in 2006 and signing Ben Wallace instead.

3.) Trading Tyson Chandler for JR Smith and then letting JR Smith (who would be the best player on the Bulls right now) go for basically nothing.

4.) Trading away the rights to LaMarcus Aldridge (an already 20/10 player almost) for an unproven Tyrus Thomas.

5.) Not trading Luol Deng for Pau Gasol.

6.) Not trading Ben Gordon and Luol Deng and others for Kobe Bryant.

7.) Firing Scott Skiles.

8.) Replacing Skiles with Boylan

9.) Letting Mike D'Antoni (the best coach out there right now that's available) probably sign with the Knicks.

Bottom line...

FIRE JOHN PAXSON!!

You forgot, not signing Peja. He was practically begging to play here.
Also Tim Thomas, he didnt play a single game. Then went to phoenix and looked like an allstar. We should have kept J.R. smith and sent Duhon packing a long time ago.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:35 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

for a lot of the trades you mentioned, we're not really sure if pax or the other team didn't want the trade.

you can blame him for the JR smith and Lamarcus trade though. Both lamarcus and Tyrus have tons of potential. Both were not expected to contribute right away. But Lamarcus was the taller player w/c chicago really need.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

All I know is the Bulls would be much better with Tyson Chandler and LaMarcus Aldridge in the starting lineup with Deng, Gordon and Hinrich. Or they'd be much better with a lineup of Noah, Aldridge, Deng, JR Smith and Hinrich.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
dak121
College superstar

I just want a new GM.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
All I know is the Bulls would be much better with Tyson Chandler and LaMarcus Aldridge in the starting lineup with Deng, Gordon and Hinrich. Or they'd be much better with a lineup of Noah, Aldridge, Deng, JR Smith and Hinrich.

And to think, we gave all that up for BenWallace and PJ Brown lol.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #11
ryno14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Let's not forget that before even drafting Aldridge (then trading for Thomas), Paxson did not recognize the potential All-Star qualities of Brandon Roy and passed him up entirely. That happened that same year that all that free agent money was thrown at Ben Wallace. I like Pax, but as a GM he is just showing me that he doesn't have what it takes to bring this team to the next level. He needs to step forward (provided Reinsdorf backs him) and make some huge moves this off season in the form of trades and big money free agent signings (don't even count on the draft, it means nothing). If he doesn't, this team will continue to fade from a playoff team into one of the league's worst very quickly.
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #12
Ring#7
I brick open layups

I tell ya, Paxson doesn't know what he's doing. The proof is in the pudding. He knew full well how good Brandon Roy was. I remember from his own lips, he said that "Roy was the most NBA ready player in the draft." He would have been a perfect fit next to Gordon. Still, he knew we needed size in the front court, and we had Aldrige. So what does he do? Out of knowwhere takes a gamble and roll the dice on Thomas. At the time I thought Thomas would have been nice next to Chandler, so I originally thought it was a cool idea. So what does he do? Trade Chandler to NewOrleans for 38 year old PJ Brown and JR Smith, then sign 34 year old Ben Wallace to 60 mil. Even though we had alot of success that season, its crazy to think we gave all Thomas( 4th pick overall) playing time to PJ Brown, and didnt play JR at all. And there's tons more I can add, but I'm really not trying to bash Paxson. He's the one making all the foolish mistakes. As you can see, were dealing with a real genius here.

Last edited by Ring#7 : 05-12-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:53 AM   #13
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Yeah what this team really needs is a good coach and a new GM... someone from the Spurs possibly. They really know how to draft good players.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Yeah what this team really needs is a good coach and a new GM... someone from the Spurs possibly. They really know how to draft good players.

That's insane talk. And this whole thread is revisionist history at it's best. Don't you wish you had a crystal ball so you could be a GM?

I'm not saying Pax is perfect. I don't blame him for the Kobe deal because, by all accounts, Kobe held that trade up because the LAKERS wouldn't do it while leaving the players here that Kobe wanted to play with. They wanted more and Kobe didn't want to go to a bad team (which we would have been if we traded 4 starters for Kobe).

The Garnett deal...I've heard a lot about Minnesota not seriously shopping Garnett over the years. I heard more about them shopping him just to appease his frustration - but not seriously negotiating since he was really the only guy selling tickets to those games. Just a thought...

That said, this team is not as bad as it looked last year. Sometimes, things just fall apart more quickly than we all think they should. A lot of things contributed to last year, but we do not have a roster of garbage players either (like the Knicks)...
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups

I dont care much for the garnett, kobe, Gasol talks. When your having trade talks with high profile players, its either hit or miss. I don't blame Pax for not gutting the roster for one player. It's the mistakes he's been making within, on his own account thats raising eyebrows. I'm not sure if we need a new GM, but Paxson needs to kill this pholosiphy of winning culture crap. How is he building a winning culture, when he gets rid of all the winners because he doesn't like their attitude or they want to where a headband? Thats petty $hit if you ask me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: