Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Dwight Howard, how good will he become

Dwight is already an insane rebounder, but his offense is still coming along.

Is this the season to finally start feeding him the rock?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Feed him the rock now? Who knows? Have to wait for the season to start to be able to tell... but this year or next should be one of the years or it probably won't happen for him offensively in terms of becoming a juggernaut. His defense & rebounding are way ahead of schedule and as long as that keeps improving along with Darko's offense, Magic are set.

If his offense develops as good as it could be, we could be looking at someone between Garnett and Shaq in terms of how good they end up. But I'm not sure it'll happen... I think he'll end up being a shade under KG & TD when his career is said and done as far as an individual standpoint goes but I think he will be the second most important piece if not most important piece of a championship team if that makes any sense. The things he's good at... he's just so good at. Sorta like Ben Wallace.

Last edited by Shogon : 06-09-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Feed him the rock now? Who knows? Have to wait for the season to start to be able to tell... but this year or next should be one of the years or it probably won't happen for him offensively in terms of becoming a juggernaut. His defense & rebounding are way ahead of schedule and as long as that keeps improving along with Darko's offense, Magic are set.

If his offense develops as good as it could be, we could be looking at someone between Garnett and Shaq in terms of how good they end up. But I'm not sure it'll happen... I think he'll end up being a shade under KG & TD when his career is said and done as far as an individual standpoint goes but I think he will be the second most important piece if not most important piece of a championship team if that makes any sense. The things he's good at... he's just so good at. Sorta like Ben Wallace.

He is a David Robinson type to me. I'm not judging his offensive output until his 5th year. Everything until then is gravy.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

He still has so much to learn. Especially on offense. But the guy is such a hard worker and still so young, I think he could average around 25+ppg in the future. Next year I'm expecting around 20ppg from him. Then I think that will steadily rise until he reaches his prime.

On defense, he'll be fine. Multiple all defensive teams are in his future.

I'll say this... I'm glad we have Dwight on our team because I would hate to go up against a guy like Dwight Howard in his prime. That is just a scary thought.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

well, if the Magic doesn't do anything this season, Howard is gonna average 30+++ppg next season... steve frachise is gone, so no offensive weapon... get a scorer! please!
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #6
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

howard 20 and 10 guy for sure and an allstar for many years to come
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

not really an orlando fan, but I am a big fan of Dwight Howard, the guy can play and I think he will be a first teamer all nba within his first 5 years...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

dwight is probably gonna end up bein a 26 pt-14 rb-4 ast-2.5 blk guy = a monster! him and amare (b4 injury) are dominant without havin much basketball knowledge or post moves...they play straight off of their athleticism and natural ability...i remember amare sayin "just wait till someone teaches me how to actually play this game"
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default dfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
dwight is probably gonna end up bein a 26 pt-14 rb-4 ast-2.5 blk guy = a monster! him and amare (b4 injury) are dominant without havin much basketball knowledge or post moves...they play straight off of their athleticism and natural ability...i remember amare sayin "just wait till someone teaches me how to actually play this game"

He's not 4 assist type passer man.

Especially when Turkoglu's slowing down, Nelson doesnt seem like catching the ball back out of the post and drilling it.

Otherwise, it's correct.

Put it down to 2.5 or 3 assists. and add some points.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

Hedo ain't slowing down. He's just entering his prime. Nelson may be a better 3 point shooter then Hedo. It's pretty close.

4 assists may asking too much but we'll have to wait and see. He already gets doubled a lot and his offensive game isn't fully developed yet. Plus he is steadily improving at passing the ball out of the post. Also having Darko in the starting lineup will help his assist numbers. They are always looking for eachother when they're on the floor at the same time.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:16 PM   #11
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollol604
howard 20 and 10 guy for sure and an allstar for many years to come

Agreed.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
He's not 4 assist type passer man.

Especially when Turkoglu's slowing down, Nelson doesnt seem like catching the ball back out of the post and drilling it.

Otherwise, it's correct.

Put it down to 2.5 or 3 assists. and add some points.
his passin wil get better, plus wen he starts to get doubled more he will HAVE to pass out. i think he might average more points, but i doubt it because i dont think he will need to because jameer seems like a scoring pg and tukoglu can score and darko can put up atleast 10 a game too add in a decent SG and ur set.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #13
DrewDaGreat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DrewDaGreat has an OK reputation so far

How could can he be? He can be the best big in the league.

How could will he be? He needs to improve on defense and develop a jumper. If he does that, the sky's the limit.
DrewDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: