Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jose Calderon

There's been rumors flying around stating that Calderon may be available. If thats the case, then its great news for us. He is a restricted free agent and eventually the Raptors are going to have to choose between him and Ford. As much as I like Ford I really dont want him because he's too much of a injury risk. For that same reason I don't believe Toronto will be able to find a good deal for him. With teams throwing a ton of cash at Calderon, it may be cheaper for them just to hang on to Ford and build around that. We all know the Raptors aren't going to let him go for nothing, so they'll likely look to trade him. We have a ton of trade scenarios that can get a deal done, and I see Calderon as being a realistic target. I seriously doubt we'll get Rose, and from judging all the rest of the gaurds left over from draft, free agency, and threw trade; Calderon may be our best option and we still have our pick.

Last edited by Ring#7 : 05-11-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jose Calderon

i like calderon and i think he would be a great addition and i'm sure paxson and other gm's in need of a pg are also considering it, its a matter of how much we have to give up to get him..........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
i like calderon and i think he would be a great addition and i'm sure paxson and other gm's in need of a pg are also considering it, its a matter of how much we have to give up to get him..........

I don't think it would take much. They already have a good nucleus going with bosh, Bargnani, Parker, and Ford. I see the teams biggest need is on the defensive end. Nocioni fits right in their system, and a power forward like Gooden would add some needed muscle to help Bosh down low. ( though I'd like to see us retain Gooden) Hinrich would be a good insurance policy in the case that Ford gets injured. And theirs still the possibilty that we could sign and trade Gordon. Worse come to worse, throw in the pick. Its never an easy process when your dealing players, but Calderon would be a nice upgrade over Hinrich. I think Noc or Hinrich in exchange for Calderon would be a fair deal for both teams. But then again it all depends on what other teams are offering.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Calderon and Rasho for Hinrich and Nocioni? Doesnt have to be Rasho. Just anyone to make the numbers work...
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

what about hinrich, luol, for calderon, jenario moon and there 1st rounder

id really much rather have noc than luol anyways, and im sure gms have luol much higher rated than noc anyways, so you might as well take advantage of that
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
what about hinrich, luol, for calderon, jenario moon and there 1st rounder

id really much rather have noc than luol anyways, and im sure gms have luol much higher rated than noc anyways, so you might as well take advantage of that

Why would we want to give up deng? I know he had a tough season and all, but you got to give the guy more credit than that. Deng has more upside than any of the above players mentioned. If he could stay healthy, and get a decent contract I'm willing to bet he bounces back next year. Of all the players in our current core, Deng is the only one I'm not worried about. If Paxson wouldn't give up Deng for Kobe, Garnett, or Gasol. Dont expect him to give him up for Calderon. Deng will be a bull next season, mark my words.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Noce would be a better fit for the raps. Raptors has too much finesse. They need some toughness, and some rebounding. SF is also their weakest position. May noce+some for calderon would work.

But for calderon, I would love to see him in a Magic uni and replace Jameer Nelson. I want to see how good Dwight is with a real pg that actually pass. Plus he has other options like hedo and shard and a very good coach in svg
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Noce would be a better fit for the raps. Raptors has too much finesse. They need some toughness, and some rebounding. SF is also their weakest position. May noce+some for calderon would work.

But for calderon, I would love to see him in a Magic uni and replace Jameer Nelson. I want to see how good Dwight is with a real pg that actually pass. Plus he has other options like hedo and shard and a very good coach in svg

After Bargnani disapointing season, that makes Nocioni that much more enticing of an offer. Just like you said, they have too much finesse and not enough toughness going on over there. I'm going to add my post to the Raptors forum and see what they think. Players that are off limits in a deal for Jose are Noah, Thomas, Deng, and Thabo. Everyone else is negotiable to some extent. As for Calderon going to the magic, he would be a nice fit. But Nelson has done a great job. He's more of a scoring point than a passer. Magic should look for a slasher at the 2. StackHouse and J.Rich to name a few.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Lots of speculation in raptorland on who shoulsd go Ford or Calderon, and who actually will go considering trade value and contract situation. No consenus.

Calderon is an excellent playmaker, who only has only two faults: drives to the bucket poorly, and plays below avg 1-1 D.

Bulls are a great trade matchup for the Raps because there are so many desireable pieces Raps might want. Surprised however that the Bulls would give up Hinrich already. Not the top 10 PG of the future anymore?
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
Ring#7
I brick open layups

I've generated alot of buzz in Toronto with my offer of Noc and the 9th pick, for Calderon and the Raptors 17th pick. While some would do it, a few want something more. I don't know what to think because I thought it was a pretty even trade. But there asking for Deng, and I said he's offlimits unless its including Bosh. What do ya'll think? Is it really worth giving up Deng. We would still have Noc, and Thomas who could play the 3. But Deng might be an allstar next season.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
But there asking for Deng, and I said he's offlimits unless its including Bosh.

wet dream
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
I don't think it would take much. They already have a good nucleus going with bosh, Bargnani, Parker, and Ford. I see the teams biggest need is on the defensive end. Nocioni fits right in their system, and a power forward like Gooden would add some needed muscle to help Bosh down low. ( though I'd like to see us retain Gooden) Hinrich would be a good insurance policy in the case that Ford gets injured. And theirs still the possibilty that we could sign and trade Gordon. Worse come to worse, throw in the pick. Its never an easy process when your dealing players, but Calderon would be a nice upgrade over Hinrich. I think Noc or Hinrich in exchange for Calderon would be a fair deal for both teams. But then again it all depends on what other teams are offering.

That is a joke. First off, if you put Hinrich and Bosh together, they would be a killer combination.

Hinrich had one of his worst seasons ever and his numbers were almost the same as Calderon's...who had his best ever.

Calderon plays with Chris Bosh - an inside presense.
Hinrich plays with Noah....hahaha.

I rest my case.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #13
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
That is a joke. First off, if you put Hinrich and Bosh together, they would be a killer combination.

Hinrich had one of his worst seasons ever and his numbers were almost the same as Calderon's...who had his best ever.

Calderon plays with Chris Bosh - an inside presense.
Hinrich plays with Noah....hahaha.

I rest my case.

I would say Hinrich and Calderon are about even albeit Hinrich's FG% sucks. Not just last season but for his whole career. Calderon has a much higher FG%. Regardless of who Hinrich has played with I think Calderon is a slightly better passer and quarterback.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #14
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

honestly, after last season, a lot of people are saying that pax needs to get rid of hinrich.........i like hinrich a lot and i think, like everyone else said, he just finished off a bad season........and lots of people wants him traded.........hinrich is not the best pg out there, but i think he is better than a few out there.........i think paxson got other things to worry about like inside scoring, a go-to guy in crunch time, a taller sg so hinrich doesn't have to worry about guarding them.........i'm sure lots of people here would take hinrich over rajon rondo, but of course you don't hear anything about him cause they're winning and he's got 3 allstars on that squad and he probably is not even the 4th option on scoring, whereas hinrich needs to step up every single night cause all the bulls scorers are so inconsistent that anybody can be the guy on any given night..................

i like calderon, but hinrich is not that bad of a pg as everyone thinks he is.........

you can put kidd or nash or even chris paul in this lineup and still don't make a difference.................
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups

You guys got the right idea. As a result, I've had a serious change of heart. Skrew Calderon, were good with Kirk. While I still think Calderon is the better player, Hinrich isn't complete trash either. Judging by everyone from this post and the Raptors, were not going to get a fair deal anyway. I think Noc for Calderon straight up should be enough. Throw in all these extra intangibles and were just getting raped. So I think we should just stick with the point gaurd we have and look for a big shooting gaurd to pair him with. I dont think JRich wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Unless theres better out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: