Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jose Calderon

j rich huh? is he a free agent?

imma get this out of the way.........ben gordon is a hell of a shooter.....we all know when he's hot, he is on fire!.......when he has those 30-point games, it makes us think twice about trading him.........but, when he goes 3 for 11, we all wanna get rid of him...........we all know that ben gordon wants to be a starter........if pax or the new coach can convince him that he is a hell of a 6th man, then i think he's a keeper...............you can't find too many good shooters out there, really..........what if pax trades gordon for a taller guard..........and then what? we're all gonna complain that the "new" guy can't score for sh!t....................

j rich wouldn't be bad.......he can shoot, drive to the basket........just not sure how healthy he is tho..........

if we can trade gordon for redd, then i'm all for that........we get the taller guard that we want and also, a good shooter..........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #17
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
j rich huh? is he a free agent?

imma get this out of the way.........ben gordon is a hell of a shooter.....we all know when he's hot, he is on fire!.......when he has those 30-point games, it makes us think twice about trading him.........but, when he goes 3 for 11, we all wanna get rid of him...........we all know that ben gordon wants to be a starter........if pax or the new coach can convince him that he is a hell of a 6th man, then i think he's a keeper...............you can't find too many good shooters out there, really..........what if pax trades gordon for a taller guard..........and then what? we're all gonna complain that the "new" guy can't score for sh!t....................

j rich wouldn't be bad.......he can shoot, drive to the basket........just not sure how healthy he is tho..........

if we can trade gordon for redd, then i'm all for that........we get the taller guard that we want and also, a good shooter..........

You know, I read a few articles about 2 weeks ago that said Charlotte announced that J rich and few others I cant remember would all be available for trade discussions this offseason. Now I cant find evidence of it anywhere. I think one of them was right here at insidehoops.com. I dont want anyone to jump to conclusions, so for now just consider it speculation. I think thats Jordan and Larry Browns way of saying were keeping Okafor. Besides, Okafor is a Larry brown kinda guy, so don't expect him to be available. Also I read in another article that JRich and Gerald Wallace play too similiar so there's no need for both of them. J Rich isn't the best guy for the job defensively and he's a bit inconsistent, but he's a better fit than Gordon if we're keeping Hinrich. Remember, for now consider it just speculation, but I know what I read. Gordon can shoot, but I'm sick to my stomach of watching our midget back court. Somethings got to be done.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #18
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Just in case you guys were wondering how the Calderon thing played out in Toronto, you can check it out in torontos forum under me Ring7, Title "Calderon to the Bulls?" I thought it was pretty fun. Here's how it ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
bc would want someone like deng

I would take calderon and #17 for nocioni, duhon and #9

We have a deal
Calderon and 17th, for Nocioni, duhon, and 9th pick.
It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
ILLEFEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
You know, I read a few articles about 2 weeks ago that said Charlotte announced that J rich and few others I cant remember would all be available for trade discussions this offseason. Now I cant find evidence of it anywhere. I think one of them was right here at insidehoops.com. I dont want anyone to jump to conclusions, so for now just consider it speculation. I think thats Jordan and Larry Browns way of saying were keeping Okafor. Besides, Okafor is a Larry brown kinda guy, so don't expect him to be available. Also I read in another article that JRich and Gerald Wallace play too similiar so there's no need for both of them. J Rich isn't the best guy for the job defensively and he's a bit inconsistent, but he's a better fit than Gordon if we're keeping Hinrich. Remember, for now consider it just speculation, but I know what I read. Gordon can shoot, but I'm sick to my stomach of watching our midget back court. Somethings got to be done.

there was actually a rumor before last season about a ben gordon for gerald wallace trade..........i actually wouldn't mind that.......i'd rather take wallace than j rich..........

so, all those ideas about trading hinrich or gordon or deng or hughes.....a couple but not all will be traded in my opinion.........i think its more likely hughes and gordon..........
Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #20
ILLEFEX

Quote:
Just in case you guys were wondering how the Calderon thing played out in Toronto, you can check it out in torontos forum under me Ring7, Title "Calderon to the Bulls?" I thought it was pretty fun. Here's how it ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
bc would want someone like deng

I would take calderon and #17 for nocioni, duhon and #9

We have a deal
Calderon and 17th, for Nocioni, duhon, and 9th pick.
It was a pleasure doing business with you.

thats also good, but whats your plan on hinrich? i mean, me personally, i think a backcourt of calderon and hinrich is not bad, but where's the scoring gonna come from?........i think the pg position or hinrich in particular in the least of our worries......we don't have the best pg, but we don't have a bad pg............we need that go-to guy.......a player that can take over and can score anytime.........some of you might not agree with me, but i think that person is tracy mcgrady.........he's been injured a few times, but he's got that scorer mentality............. i think he wouldn't mind a change in scenery especially going to an eastern conference team where he actually might go pass the 1st round..............and drew gooden? he is also not bad of an option as next years pf........one day he can score 30, the next day he scores 5 points........except for kobe and lebron, everyone in this league in inconsistent............sh!t, even lebron is inconsistent....look at him in the playoffs...........

my points is, we need a go-to guy and i think tracy mcgrady can be that guy.......
Old 05-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
thats also good, but whats your plan on hinrich? i mean, me personally, i think a backcourt of calderon and hinrich is not bad, but where's the scoring gonna come from?........i think the pg position or hinrich in particular in the least of our worries......we don't have the best pg, but we don't have a bad pg............we need that go-to guy.......a player that can take over and can score anytime.........some of you might not agree with me, but i think that person is tracy mcgrady.........he's been injured a few times, but he's got that scorer mentality............. i think he wouldn't mind a change in scenery especially going to an eastern conference team where he actually might go pass the 1st round..............and drew gooden? he is also not bad of an option as next years pf........one day he can score 30, the next day he scores 5 points........except for kobe and lebron, everyone in this league in inconsistent............sh!t, even lebron is inconsistent....look at him in the playoffs...........

my points is, we need a go-to guy and i think tracy mcgrady can be that guy.......

Just a few threads down, I stated that I had a change of heart, and we should keep Kirk, and find a big gaurd to pair him with. That Nocioni, Duhon, and 9th pick for Calderon and 17th pick was just the end result of the deal that fans of Toronto agreed to. If we were to go that route we would problably have to find a suiter for Hinrich, but after looking at the big picture its problably simpler to just hang on to Kirk. But it is an option worth exploring because Calderons younger and much better than any of our gaurds.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
ILLEFEX

yeah, i think we should just keep hinrich unless there was a deal thats really good out there.........i prefer an allstar scoring guard than an allstar scoring big man.........i'll be happy with an average big guy like gooden and have an allstar sg like a mcgrady, kobe, wade, lebron type guards..........

i don't know who else would be available as far as a go-to scoring guard other than mcgrady........i mean, its not rumored that hes available.....i'm just assuming that he's probably available if a team is interested........arenas is also not a bad option.......that means we gotta get rid of hinrich then.........unless pax wants to pair them both up..........

hinrich + mcgrady or arenas + hinrich?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #23
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
yeah, i think we should just keep hinrich unless there was a deal thats really good out there.........i prefer an allstar scoring guard than an allstar scoring big man.........i'll be happy with an average big guy like gooden and have an allstar sg like a mcgrady, kobe, wade, lebron type guards..........

i don't know who else would be available as far as a go-to scoring guard other than mcgrady........i mean, its not rumored that hes available.....i'm just assuming that he's probably available if a team is interested........arenas is also not a bad option.......that means we gotta get rid of hinrich then.........unless pax wants to pair them both up..........

hinrich + mcgrady or arenas + hinrich?

Arenas can play the shooting gaurd position. He's 6'4' now. But I'm not sure if the Bulls are willing to throw him a max contract. He also doesn't fit Paxsons strict criteria. Personally i would love to add Arenas to the team. He's the kind of player were starving for.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #24
ILLEFEX

Quote:
Arenas can play the shooting gaurd position. He's 6'4' now. But I'm not sure if the Bulls are willing to throw him a max contract. He also doesn't fit Paxsons strict criteria. Personally i would love to add Arenas to the team. He's the kind of player were starving for.

like what i've been saying and i'm sure some would agree, we need that guy who can create a shot, attack the basket, the go-to player to beat the buzzer..........thats where kobe, lebron, tmac, arenas all considered as......i forgot wade........i can't think of other ones that belongs in that category...........we need that "kind" of guy in this team........
Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #25
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

either someone that can create his own shot(arenas,brand,tmac,jrich,magette) and go to the line or some that can create shot for others(calderon)
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #26
ILLEFEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
either someone that can create his own shot(arenas,brand,tmac,jrich,magette) and go to the line or some that can create shot for others(calderon)

makes sense......but then again.....whats the point of having a good pg if you got no finishers.........
Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 AM   #27
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
makes sense......but then again.....whats the point of having a good pg if you got no finishers.........

Everyone thinks Deng will have a breakout season, and Thomas is going to explode. Those 2 might potentially add up 2nd or 3rd string scores, but we need a go to guy thats reliable and can finish in the forth quarter. if you noticed were usually good for 3 quarters, but in the 4th,on days when the shots aren't falling, we dont have a single player who can take over games for us. In the past Gordon used to do that at times, but now i'm not so sure he's that same guy anymore. Like always were just a few pieces away from being a complete team. I like our whole front Court and i think were good in the middle as well. Our real problem is our backcourt. People keep saying we need a low post presence, but i think we already got it. Its just a matter of time and development. we've already covered why Hinrich might still be our point gaurd, so based off that information I think we need a all star shooting gaurd. Man, that was alot of typing lol.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #28
ILLEFEX

ring, we both agree that we need that scoring, go-to guard to take over games.........we all know that kobe thing won't happen anymore.....so, i think the only other realistic possibility is tmac......whatcha think? i would trade gordon and maybe gooden for tmac........or anybody for tamc........wade is not leaving miami........yet.........maybe in a couple seasons he will after his contract........but, we need somebody now........
Old 05-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #29
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
ring, we both agree that we need that scoring, go-to guard to take over games.........we all know that kobe thing won't happen anymore.....so, i think the only other realistic possibility is tmac......whatcha think? i would trade gordon and maybe gooden for tmac........or anybody for tamc........wade is not leaving miami........yet.........maybe in a couple seasons he will after his contract........but, we need somebody now........

I honestly don't know about T mac. He's been one of my favorite players for a long time, but I havn't seen him play a full season healthy since he left the magic. They call him the half/man for a reason. But injuries aside he would be a good fit here. Besides his ability to take over games, his leadership and character are what has always won me over. I still remember when he played for the magic and they were so horrible, I felt sorry for him cause I thought that team was burning him out. What amazed me is that he played hard even though he knew his team had zero chance of winning. The problem now is that he's aging and slowing down. He's still a great player, but nothing compared to when he was on the Raptors. He's like an old beat up Mustang. Doesnt run as smooth as it used too, but the engine still has alot of juice. So i wouldnt mind us getting McGrady, but I'd like to see us give up someone other than Gooden. He's got heart. We need those kind of guys.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: