Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Default Higher than 9th pick

Is it possible we could land higher than the 9th pick in the draft? What are the chances? We have to do better than Love. Maybe if we at least got the 7th pick we could end up with a difference maker. But comeon Love, we don't need 2 Aaron Grays running around. Our front court would be a bunch of turtles. And we don't need anymore project players coming to our team. Look at how poorly we've managed Tyrus Thomas. What are the chances of us getting guys like Bayless or Mayo. I'd even be happy with Eric Gordon. Then we could kick Ben Gordon to the curve for an extra inch of height. Seriously though, if we can't do better than Love, or some other player thats 5 years away from being a legit role player then we should trade the pick.
It only makes sense.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: Higher than 9th pick

Darrell Arthur. Already better than any of our big guys on offense, and still has a lot to improve on. Will be a great NBA player.

Chances of moving up arn't good at all. I think the 9th pick in the lottory has less than a 1% chance to move up.

As for a guy like Eric Gordon, he could easily still be around a 9. Mayo...hell no. I'd like a guy like Bayless even though I still think Chicago's main problem is their inside game - they have none. 2 years ago everyone raved about Hinrich and Gordon saying they were the next best guard duo.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Darrell Arthur. Already better than any of our big guys on offense, and still has a lot to improve on. Will be a great NBA player.

Chances of moving up arn't good at all. I think the 9th pick in the lottory has less than a 1% chance to move up.

As for a guy like Eric Gordon, he could easily still be around a 9. Mayo...hell no. I'd like a guy like Bayless even though I still think Chicago's main problem is their inside game - they have none. 2 years ago everyone raved about Hinrich and Gordon saying they were the next best guard duo.

The problem with Hinrich and Gordon is that they dont compliment each other. Gordon shoots, so does Hinrich. both are perimeter players with a swallow of drive to the bucket. When both are on the court at the same time, were at a great disadvantage defensively because our back court shrinks. When both are on the court were also at a disadvantage offensively because they both have the same game. The only work teams have to do on the defensive in is lock down the perimeter. When done effectively our back court is a non factor for the whole game. If I were an opponent, I would look foward to running over the Bulls backcourt. Heck, Iguadola done it all year long with a passion. We need to decide who's going to stay and pair them with a bigger gaurd on their level, someone along the lines of Iguadola, J Rich, Brandon Roy to name a few. The funny thing is, we could have had all those guys, but once again Paxson chose the ladder.

Last edited by Ring#7 : 05-12-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12

So your saying theres still a chance
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
Ring#7
I brick open layups

I know the subject has died down quite a bit, but I'm still crossing my fingers for Derrick Rose. If Miami ends up with him we really should put together some kind of offer they might agree too. We have alot of pieces they could use to build there team but its a rare thing to deal your 1st round pick. Especially a talent like Rose. Hinrich and our pick would have to be included in any trade for Rose. I'd also be willing to give up any other player on this team. That includes Thomas, deng, Noah, etc. However I would like to see us pair Rose with Thomas though. There's going to be a couple of decent gaurds that fall to us such as Westbrook, Augustine, and Gordon but Rose would be a huge turn in the right direction for this team. If only we had a miracle and wound up with a top 5 this year. I'd be so happy. Maybe we could luck up like Toronto did.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
I know the subject has died down quite a bit, but I'm still crossing my fingers for Derrick Rose. If Miami ends up with him we really should put together some kind of offer they might agree too. We have alot of pieces they could use to build there team but its a rare thing to deal your 1st round pick. Especially a talent like Rose. Hinrich and our pick would have to be included in any trade for Rose. I'd also be willing to give up any other player on this team. That includes Thomas, deng, Noah, etc. However I would like to see us pair Rose with Thomas though. There's going to be a couple of decent gaurds that fall to us such as Westbrook, Augustine, and Gordon but Rose would be a huge turn in the right direction for this team. If only we had a miracle and wound up with a top 5 this year. I'd be so happy. Maybe we could luck up like Toronto did.

hopefully.

Quote:
What are the chances?

http://www.geocities.com/benschuarmer/draftlotto.html
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGordon7
So your saying theres still a chance

lol
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

lol
hahaha

im glad someone got that
Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
ryno14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I'll be honest, this is the first year in awhile that I really don't care about the draft (unless we got lucky enough to be that 1% chance). Paxson NEEDS to make a free agent splash to improve this team, nobody at the #9 pick will help. Trouble is, if Reinsdorf won't even pay the money for the coach they wanted, why should we believe they will pay money for a top free agent?
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 AM   #10
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

Looks like i was right hahaha