Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #31
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

Kyle Korver should really be left at the end of the bench, If he didnt do any of those things mentioned the game would be 4 on 5. The fatc is hes on a team with no1 to replace him at the moment but on any other team he would a player to finish off a quarter for sum1 elses foul problems et:stupid: c..
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #32
iamawitness22
Can barely lace up my sneakers

iamawitness22 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i'll say keep AI, but put him back up to the SG position... the team needs a playmaker and a stronger bench... a good draft pick will help them... maybe trade John Salmons plus a second round pick for a passing PG like Brevin Knight, who is on the trading block...

maybe they can sign some free-agents, but their cap-room is very limited, AI Webber and Dalembert are very highly paid... we'll see, i don't wanna be their GM next season... sigh...
I agree with you 100%. I think you trade for Brevin Knight, and get rid of Korver(no defense or ballhandling or clutch) and Dalembert(overpaid, no offensive awareness, no offensive skills). In giving up Korver and Dalembert, who are decent young players, you could surround the roster with defensive players. I mean, did Philly ever really have a problem scoring this season? When you have a guy like AI, and you have Webber basically averaging 20, all you need is a little bit of scoring from the others to get the job done. I do believe that with time Iggy can become the 3rd scorer. AI must be moved back to sg, because that is what he is. He shouldn't have to handle the distributing duties, he is a scorer. Plain and simple.
iamawitness22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #33
iamawitness22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs_One
Kyle Korver should really be left at the end of the bench, If he didnt do any of those things mentioned the game would be 4 on 5. The fatc is hes on a team with no1 to replace him at the moment but on any other team he would a player to finish off a quarter for sum1 elses foul problems et:stupid: c..
Got that right. His shooting is overrated. He has no handle, no mid-range jumper, no defense, no passing ability, no slashing ability. He doesn't deserve a lot of minutes.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #34
iamawitness22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
first of all, his defense is straight up poor. Too slow & not strong enough. He scores 11 a night and gives up a lot more than that way too often.
If you call a fade-away jumper post game then ok he's got a post game. Still can't take anyone in the league off the dribble.
As far as regressing, too many times last year did he miss his first few shots then passed up on open ones later in the game. Especially the end of the year when they were battling for a playoff spot. He tightened up so bad in certain games...it was disappointing. In theory you are right, he SHOULD be able to open the floor up, but in this case they practically left him wide open and doubled AI knowing he would either hesitate and miss or give up the shot completely. That's why he regressed.
Uright on target. And who saids Korver is an excellent shooter anyways. He isnt money everytime his open like the elite shooters are.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #35
Orange_XSV

Orange_XSV has an OK reputation so far

Y the hell would you trade Iverson, hes the only one that makes 76ers win!!

If try to trade him trade him to heat
Orange_XSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #36
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

dont trade him, plain and simple
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #37
Orange_XSV

Orange_XSV has an OK reputation so far

If they ever trade Allen Iverson the team Is gonna go down offense and Defense Keep Him!
Orange_XSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #38
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_XSV
If they ever trade Allen Iverson the team Is gonna go down offense and Defense Keep Him!

I don't know if the defense gets any worse. It's pretty bad already and Iverson isn't that good of a defensive player. The team will suck when Iverson is gone. I think he will be traded. If he isn't traded this offseason, he'll probably be traded by midseason. Unless some miracle happens, of course and Iverson can stay.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #39
douglaspuckett12

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

Did anyone of you see Iverson's shooting percentage once Korver was sent to the bench for Salmons. The defense completly colapsed on AI when Korver wasn't on the court to spread the zone. His contract is a steal for philly. Biggest problem philly faces is C Webb and I can't stay out of foul trouble Dalembert.
But for anyone the actually watched philly, they are a pretty good team for the first 44 minutes and then NO DEPTH makes all those 40+ mins a game starters tired and blow the game in last few minutes.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #40
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglaspuckett12
Did anyone of you see Iverson's shooting percentage once Korver was sent to the bench for Salmons. The defense completly colapsed on AI when Korver wasn't on the court to spread the zone. His contract is a steal for philly. Biggest problem philly faces is C Webb and I can't stay out of foul trouble Dalembert.
But for anyone the actually watched philly, they are a pretty good team for the first 44 minutes and then NO DEPTH makes all those 40+ mins a game starters tired and blow the game in last few minutes.

You pretty much nailed it. Korver creates space for Iverson, but defensive problems and offensive limitations prevent Korver from playing heavy minutes on the floor. He's best as a 6th man where he can be brought off the bench to spread the floor and nail some points. He is one of the best shooters in the game. People complain about his contract for two reasons. One is his defense--he tries, but is terrible. The other reason is his limited offensive game. Teams can focus on him and make him a non-factor. When Detroit put Prince on Korver two years ago, I thought it was stupid at first (wasting their best defender). Then I realized how much worse the Sixers were without his shooting. But if Korver can be brought off the bench with fresh legs, he can still help the Sixers. He fits better with Iverson than with Webber. Webber needs players to move, Iverson needs spot up shooters.

As for Dalembert, you're right again. When he gets into foul trouble the team suffers because he provides the core of the team's rebounds and blocks. Hunter is a solid backup. The other problem with Dalembert is (despite his blocks) he is a bad defender. With Webber as the other big man, that is a bad combo.

If Iverson isn't traded (and I hope he won't be) this team will be a slight improvement over last year. They still need a lot of work. A young PF and a backup PG are the biggest needs. Especially PF. Webber played too many mintues last year and is limited defensively. If they can bring in a Free Agent backup, they might be a more watchable team next year.

If Iverson is traded, I'll be disapointed. I would like to see him traded to a team where he can help them win a championship. I'd hate to see him go to Golden State or Boston. I'll root for the team he goes to (as long as it's not Boston). Obviously, I'll root for the Sixers first, then Iverson's new team. I wish Iverson the best of luck. I know the Sixers will not win with him. But they also won't win without him during the remaining years of his career.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #41
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Iverson is getting up there in age and although he's still The Answer, he doesn't have forever to win a championship. Is it time to trade him and start over?

But if you trade Iverson it probably makes sense to also trade Chris Webber and just build around young players, right? Wrong?

yea i think u are right iverson is about 30 webber is probably 31 or 32 they do need to rebuild
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: