Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Trade for a PG or put JR in the starting lineup?

Which would you prefer? Trade (probably Martin, though his contract sucks) for a legit starting PG with size, or slide Iverson to the point and let JR start at the 2? For me, it depends on who the point guard we're bringing in is.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade for a PG or put JR in the starting lineup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Which would you prefer? Trade (probably Martin, though his contract sucks) for a legit starting PG with size, or slide Iverson to the point and let JR start at the 2? For me, it depends on who the point guard we're bringing in is.

i want both- i want a pg and jr to be the 2

if iverson cant be moved then i see the only option to play him at the point- it seems like a waste of time to have a point gaurd dribble the ball up and then give it to iverson and then have iverson do his thing , why not let him try to score first and then let the rest of the team get the ball if iverson cant find a shot- it only seems to save time playing ai at the point

the thing that i find so amazing about jr (even if many are questionable shot selection) is jrs ablity to create his own shot quickly- i think creating a shot opportunity is underrated in the nba and even with 2 guys that need the ball as much as melo and ai, jr has the ability to get all the shots he needs without any help

jr is also the best playmaker for getting other people shots and layups that the nuggets have- melo also shows that he has the ability to create shots for others but he doesnt seem to do it enough

the only thing that continues to scare me about iverson at the 1or 2 is that it seems like you could add up all of the entry passes to the post he made all season on one hand, maybe both hands

they may like each other and think they work well together, but i just think that flat-out melo's game is hurt by iversons- im not saying iverson couldnt coexist with any other good player, but to play with iverson melo has to come outside and get the ball on bailout passes, melo needs someone who will get the ball to him where he needs it not where he can come get it- unless we want to keep seeing the majority of melos shots coming from the outside

i am just such a strong believer that understanding roles is so important in basketball and the roles just dont mix with both of them together- where as i see jr and melo wanting each other to fill the role that is made for them

i am just scared of what will happen if iverson is brought back- i think things could get worse and maybe im just paranoid but i think if the nugs bring back ai they will not also bring back jr- to me to have iverson another year or 3-4 it just wouldnt be worth losing jr

i would be thrilled with just moving iverson and getting a pg, though i do think moving kmart while he is healthy would be smart- im sad that imo the only way to maybe move them both would be to include camby,but it would be worth it, i really hope it wouldnt take klieza to move them
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I hear that the Nuggets could use their late first round pick on PG Ty Lawson from UNC. Here are some free agent PGs.

Chris Duhon
Delonte West
Dan Dickau
Juan Carlos Navarro
Chris Quinn
Jason Williams
Royal Ivey
Sebastian Telfair
Jannero Pargo
Carlos Arroyo
Keyon Dooling
Beno Udrih
Jose Calderon
Roger Mason
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I like to see J.R. play the point because he handles the ball well and his passing skills inside the lane is just amazing. He just turns into Steve Nash when he gets inside and kick it out to his teammates.

Quote:
Originally posted by idizzle
Chris Duhon
Delonte West
Dan Dickau
Juan Carlos Navarro
Chris Quinn
Jason Williams
Royal Ivey
Sebastian Telfair
Jannero Pargo
Carlos Arroyo
Keyon Dooling
Beno Udrih
Jose Calderon
Roger Mason

I like West, Telfair, Pargo, Arroyo, Williams, and Calderon from that list. West is likely to stay with the Cavs, but I like to see him play with this Nuggets team because he can contribut big time as well as build around Melo, he helped Lebron. Pargo can just plain out shoot. Arroyo is a veteran that knows how to play. Telfair is young, still has a lot to learn, but handles the ball well. Calderon is an all around player that has little negatives. Williams played with D-Wade and Shaq and is solid offensively and defensively.
It's all about the Nuggets money and the "want" of a point guard.
Point Guard is the most important position in basketball and it's hard to find one that is legit. I consider these guys legit point guards.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: