Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Guitar Hero 4 rumors released

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/873/873710p1.html

Pretty much, they are trying to turn Guitar Hero into Rock Band minus the vocals. Which isn't too bad. I didn't really like Rock Band too much. The instrument controllers broke too easily and I didn't really like the song list and the songs were also too easy. In Guitar Hero 3, I've 5 starred everything (including DLC) except for Through the Fire and Flames and Devil Went Down to Georgia so Rock Band guitar puts me to sleep. Hopefully GH4 will still have the difficulty that GH3 had.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

notorious ai3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Guitar Hero 4 rumors released

i don't really care for the drums, but the article mentions a song creator feature. if not overly complicated, that could kick some serious ass.

i wish they would start getting the songlist ready. i'm sure they have an idea, but i'd like them to start confirming songs.

but as long as they keep releasing songs on xbl i'll be happy until gh4 comes out.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I'm sure there will be more GH3 DLC before GH4 comes out because GH: Aerosmith will not have any DLC.

The song creator seems like a good idea. Also, I heard that 4 of the confirmed bands are Linkin Park, Sublime, The Eagles, and Van Halen.

The songs from these bands I'm hoping for:

Eagles: Hotel California.... That would be such a fun song to play.

Van Halen: Eruption... I hope so... It should be GH4's Through the Fire and Flames or Jordan. Only problem is that it's a really short song. I liked Through the Fire and Flames not because of the difficulty, but because it was a long song. Also, I doubt it would be in the game because GH4 is pretty much like rock band and the entire song of Eruption is a Guitar Solo. I'm sure GH4 will come up with something equally crazy for the Guitar, Drums, and bass/rhythm Guitar
Old 05-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

have you played the linkin park "no more sorrow" that's available on the xbl marketplace? its pretty boring and easy. so i'm not all that thrilled that linkin park is going to be on it.

some of the songs/artists i'm hoping for include:

black stone cherry (newer band, not well known yet but look 'em up... any of their songs would be fun)
dream theater
hellyeah- you wouldn't know
pantera- walk
prince
ram jam- black betty (now this could be a difficult and fun song)
testament
Old 05-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious ai3
have you played the linkin park "no more sorrow" that's available on the xbl marketplace? its pretty boring and easy. so i'm not all that thrilled that linkin park is going to be on it.

some of the songs/artists i'm hoping for include:

black stone cherry (newer band, not well known yet but look 'em up... any of their songs would be fun)
dream theater
hellyeah- you wouldn't know
pantera- walk
prince
ram jam- black betty (now this could be a difficult and fun song)
testament

Great call. That could be nasty.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Great call. That could be nasty.

wow, that song would be awesome
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious ai3

Yea.. That song is boring. Too easy, I FC'ed it on expert. Hopefully they will have Disturbed, Dragonforce, A7X, In Flames, Matallica, Dope, Slayer(Even though I don't like them,I like a challenge), Eric Johnson, Megadeth, Dethklok. Since this will have to do with an entire band, I can't wait to see what they use as the "impossible" song (Like TTFAF for GH3, Jordan for GH2).
Old 06-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/873/873710p1.html

Pretty much, they are trying to turn Guitar Hero into Rock Band minus the vocals. Which isn't too bad. I didn't really like Rock Band too much. The instrument controllers broke too easily and I didn't really like the song list and the songs were also too easy. In Guitar Hero 3, I've 5 starred everything (including DLC) except for Through the Fire and Flames and Devil Went Down to Georgia so Rock Band guitar puts me to sleep. Hopefully GH4 will still have the difficulty that GH3 had.

we were discussing this last night at my buddy's apt.

GH4 IS rock band, they stole the idea and are adding music and 2 extra drums, it's a blatant rip off, barely innovative at all
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
we were discussing this last night at my buddy's apt.

GH4 IS rock band, they stole the idea and are adding music and 2 extra drums, it's a blatant rip off, barely innovative at all

Blatant rip off? Maybe, but what did you call it when Rockband came out? Didnt they steal the whole idea from Guitar Hero in the first place?
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Blatant rip off? Maybe, but what did you call it when Rockband came out? Didnt they steal the whole idea from Guitar Hero in the first place?

i call it a better game that made guitar hero obsolete. they added 2 instruments that made the game what it is

GH4 added onto an instrument because they can't compete with rock band otherwise

seriously, why buy guitar hero anymore when you can buy 3 games in 1 with rockband AND never EVER have to buy a sequel again?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #11
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Actually, both GH and RB are ripoffs from Konami's Bemani games (GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, Karaoke Revolution). So don't blame each other. Just play and have fun.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Guitar Hero >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rock Band
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:

Harmonix -- rockband creators -- developed the all GH games until GH3; furthermore, the Harmonix dev. team was involved in the development of Karaoke Revolution. Rockband didn't really steal anything from guitar hero. Instead they were bullied by Activision after the acquisition of Red Octane(publisher). Why include Harmonix when Activision has their own resources? A buy-out followed and neversoft is now responsible for GH gaming.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #14
Heat's Finest
I brick open layups

Heat's Finest has an OK reputation so far

Can't wait for it to come out =D.

I'd like songs by Metallica, Bullet for My Valentine, Alter bridge, Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu on there.
Heat's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #15
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

guitar hero: metallica is also confirmed to be coming out by march of next year

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/878/878465p1.html

edit: added link

Last edited by notorious ai3 : 06-09-2008 at 12:26 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: