Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #16
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Cheeks is soft, because that's his personality.

Larry Brown is a great coach, but he saw a sinking ship with aging players and a bad cap situation and bailed out. Not like he's ever done that before.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #17
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

cheeks coaches the way he played.

LB is a poster boy for job jumping, but i really do think he left because of not only the points you made but also the FO let AI do whatever the hell he wanted to and it didn't make LB look good to the other players.I don't think he can deal with stuff like that.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #18
ppierce34

Give me a break. Larry let Allen do whatever he wanted, too. Larry just didn't give a **** when they were winning, but if things went wrong he'd be quick to point the finger at AI, I know this all sounds familiar. It's not like it went on with just about every team Brown coached. How much *****ing did you here Larry do about Allen's practice habits when they went to the Finals? Larry left because the players were aging and the cap situation was getting worse and worse.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #19
mln03
I airball my layups

What exactly did you want LB to do about his practice habits???Bench him??Suspend him???Like the FO would allow that. Pat Croce was constantly the mediator between LB & AI. Brown always tried to discipline him, but AI knew he couldn't bench him. He was too much of a draw. So Croce had to kiss boith their butts to keep them happy. Sounds like fun eh? Geez i wonder why LB would want to leave that dysfunctional gig.
The sixers FO is so lenient to their superstars TO would still be in Philly if the Sixers FO ran the Eagles.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #20
ppierce34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
What exactly did you want LB to do about his practice habits???Bench him??Suspend him???Like the FO would allow that. Pat Croce was constantly the mediator between LB & AI. Brown always tried to discipline him, but AI knew he couldn't bench him. He was too much of a draw. So Croce had to kiss boith their butts to keep them happy. Sounds like fun eh? Geez i wonder why LB would want to leave that dysfunctional gig.
The sixers FO is so lenient to their superstars TO would still be in Philly if the Sixers FO ran the Eagles.

Let's come to reality. When was LB complaining and trying to bench AI? When they were losing. Did you hear him complain or try to bench AI during the 2001 season. No it was how much he loved Allen and his heart. Now do you think AI was magically an angel all of a sudden for that season. And lets' not make it Larry vs. AI, here like the media loves to do. That entire team often got sick of Larry's ****, don't you remember the break he had to take because the team confronted him in a meeting and told him they were sick of his ****? If Larry was that frustrated and it was as bad as you say Larry would have been gone earlier and Philly wouldn't have been his longest stay. Larry had a sinking ship and he jumped ship.

And you're kidding yourself if you think this stuff doesn't go on around the league.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #21
mln03
I airball my layups

LB wanted him gone...remember if it wasn't for Matt Geiger he would've been.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #22
ppierce34

Yes, before the '00-01 season, again when they were winning Larry didn't seem to care. And the two of them basically blow each other now anytime one is asked about the other.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #23
iamawitness22
Can barely lace up my sneakers

iamawitness22 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Dalembert averaged...

14.2 Pts on 66 FG %
13.7 Rebounds a game
5.2 Blocks per game

Wallace...

6.7 Pts on 47 FG %
9.5 Rebounds
And not even 1 Block a game.

And Sam didn't dominate ????

Yeah dude, whatever. Go and buy yorself a clue before you post here. As Ashton Kutcher would say.....You have just been totally PUNKED!!!
Come on man. U look at numbers too much. Dont compare a perennial defensive player of the year to Dalembert. He never has nor will he outplay Ben Wallace
iamawitness22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #24
ppierce34

Even just looking at those numbers is pointless since he made them up.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #25
NBAfan32

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Off topic and i didnt think it really needed its own thread but do the Sixers have a 1st rounder next year, or does GSW own it. If GSW has it, is it lottery protected. Thanks in advance.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #26
ppierce34

It's lottery protected.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: