Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #16
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: Greatest console of all time?

When it comes down to greatest for me, I think of a combination of groundbreaking systems combined with vast libraries and exciting, fresh titles. From my own personal experience I'd say:

1. NES - memories combined with game playability and library. How many hours did you spend playing Zelda or Punch Out and countless others? What this system did for gaming history can probably never be duplicated, as it brought gaming into the mainstream and towards the forefront of entertainment for a generation, while creating a marketplace for the systems of today and tomorrow.

2. PS/PS2 - incredible library, and the system created a whole new level of gaming experience and capability (which has obviously been surpassed and will continue to be, but at the time was incredible).

3. Gameboy - Creating a portable system was a groundbreaking idea, and although the games were simple, playing Soccer, Paperboy and Megaman in the car on those long summer vacations with the rents was such a fantasic option for kids like myself.

You could make an argument for every other system having its moments. For example, I loved the fact that Genesis's games were so much more vivid and graphic than the NES, which was groundbreaking for me at the time. But just about every system has its roots in these, so that's why I'd rate them in greatness this way.

Here's hoping that I feel the PS3 is the best five years from now, so I get back some of that expensive investment.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For me it definetly was SEGA dremcast.

This system just didnt sell i dont know why Its graphics were 10x better than ps1 and N64 made them look like the stone age or something. IT had some good games when it came out, NFL 2k, Ready To rumble, SOnic- Hedgehog, San Fran rush.... Great system but didn't sell.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #18
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just wanted to say it's really sad, how people who haven't played the older consoles believe things like 360 and PS3 are the greatest consoles ever made and that Halo 3 is the greatest game ever made. Makes you feel sorry for them, because they never experienced the golden age of gaming.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Also what about this classic.

i remember one of my friends spilled milk on it and after the sound didnt work, played without sound for the looooogest time, good memories tho.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I just wanted to say it's really sad, how people who haven't played the older consoles believe things like 360 and PS3 are the greatest consoles ever made and that Halo 3 is the greatest game ever made. Makes you feel sorry for them, because they never experienced the golden age of gaming.

So true, dam youngins...
Old 05-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sonic 2 was the first video game I ever played. I also had NHL 96, great game. I also loved this game. Sucked at it though.

Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #22
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

ya mang sega was the $hit back then, if only i had it now i feel like playing it lol...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: