Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-20-2006, 01:21 AM   #16
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The Philippines used to domiante Asian basketball, now the 'yellow' teams do and this leaves a lot of soul searching for the Filippinos. They have a good pro league and basketball is their favorite sport, no one is happy with the recent results.

LakerRaider is really just a Flip who is pissed that they can't beat anybody at basketball even though it's their favorite sport so he's trying to lump them in with the other Asians to make himself feel better.

I mean really, you don't exactly read the "Manila Times" for its breaking news.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:28 AM   #17
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
LakerRaider is really just a Flip who is pissed that they can't beat anybody at basketball even though it's their favorite sport so he's trying to lump them in with the other Asians to make himself feel better.

I mean really, you don't exactly read the "Manila Times" for its breaking news.

1) Pump your brakes, I'm not Filipino.

2) You seem personally offended by this article, why go after me??? Calm down man.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 08-20-2006 at 04:08 AM.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:45 AM   #18
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

The title of the topic sucks. Should be "Columist thinks Philippine basketball has no hope". Makes sense for idiots like Mamba to completely ignore the article and make his statement about every asian.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:22 AM   #19
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

This team needs to sign AAP immediately. With his 40" hops, NBA range, above-average dribbling and ability to occasionally block shots, he'll be the Asian MJ.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, MITCH!

(Btw, for those who say they've never met a good Asian hooper.. one of my friends is Filipino/white and can ball like nobody's business. Nice hops, great dribbler/passer, excellent shooter, excellent shotblocker, etc.)
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:27 AM   #20
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
This team needs to sign AAP immediately. With his 40" hops, NBA range, above-average dribbling and ability to occasionally block shots, he'll be the Asian MJ.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, MITCH!

(Btw, for those who say they've never met a good Asian hooper.. one of my friends is Filipino/white and can ball like nobody's business. Nice hops, great dribbler/passer, excellent shooter, excellent shotblocker, etc.)

Oh god no...imagine him on a team with Kobe...

AAP: Kobe,I updated your anti clutch list..wanna see?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:01 AM   #21
JacobTheButcher
I airball my layups

JacobTheButcher has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
I don't think they are either. Very soft, not very skilled.

Wow, stereotype much? Your comments rubs you off ass a totally clueless jackass and possibly a racist bigot as well. Asian players have plenty of "skill". It's natural talent they lack. The black man is simply faster and jumps higher. Don't confuse skill with talent. The Asians make up for their lack of athleticism by working on the skill departments, like shooting and ballhandling. Some of nastiest dribblers I know ball in chinatown, but none of them can hop for shyt

Leave it to a Kobe fan to make himself look like an ass..... never fails..
JacobTheButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 AM   #22
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheButcher
Wow, stereotype much? Your comments rubs you off ass a totally clueless jackass and possibly a racist bigot as well. Asian players have plenty of "skill". It's natural talent they lack. The black man is simply faster and jumps higher. Don't confuse skill with talent. The Asians make up for their lack of athleticism by working on the skill departments, like shooting and ballhandling. Some of nastiest dribblers I know ball in chinatown, but none of them can hop for shyt

Leave it to a Kobe fan to make himself look like an ass..... never fails..

looks like you stereotype too.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 AM   #23
badnach0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

badnach0 has an OK reputation so far

I usually have the ability to play up to any competition level I've gone against. basically if i could find better players elsewhere I would go there instead of the gym I'm at currently. at my gym now i play against sd chargers players, mexican semi pro, and some div 3 players plus other guys who are all decent. i'm not saying i'm the best guy at my gym, but i don't think i lack natural talent. plus my dad was on an olympic basketball team so i got some watered down genes. I just don't put in the time and athletics aren't encouraged in asian culture. if anyone disagrees i say they just don't know what asian culture is because i definitely do.
badnach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #24
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i had the opportunity to watch philippine pro basketball in manila

it is competitive within itself. probably they could play against decent college div 1 teams but not the best.

the filipinos love the game and adore the nba. seems like they are bandwagon-kind-of-fans. whoever is the champ is generally the favorite

they have patterned their style from the nba. unfortunately for the philippine teams, the rest of the countries have gone back to the basics of hard-nosed, good fundamentals and share-the-ball 1970s type hoops.

in international play they cannot beat the koreans or the chinese. it is a national embarassment for the country to realize that they cannot compete and that their "stars" dont shine all that brightly outside the philippine game

they should have realized this when usa scubs come over and play on the teams and average 40 points. guys who cant even make an intermediate cut in the summer leagues.

all that being said, it is difficult if not impossible for other countries to realize how much more superior the talent level is in the nba.

in international play, it is a matter of the nba players realizing that it is the team game that will win games. coach k has the team on the right track after the embarassments in recent years in international play

for the filipinos, it'll be awhile til they can even think about experiencing this level of play

in the usa, filipinos will give the 6 ft and under leagues some great comp; not many have stood out in college however...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #25
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

The Philippine National Team just beat the Lebanese Team twice....Lebanon is in the world championships....If the Philippines is not suspended by FIBA, we would be in japan right now....
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 AM   #26
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far

Im a filipino-chinese and I live here in the philippines. Filipinos got skills, they just lack height and only few are athletic.
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:51 AM   #27
Freak-a-leak
I Hit Open Layups

Freak-a-leak has an OK reputation so far

why was philippines suspended for and for how long (when can they return)? and bad nach0, what olympic team did your dad play for?
Freak-a-leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #28
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

the Philippine is suspended because of basketball politics...The Basketball Association of the Phil. was expelled by the Phil. Olympic Commitee for sending mediocre teams to international competitions...The FIBA sided with BAP even if BAP is the one that is really at fault...
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #29
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker09
the Philippine is suspended because of basketball politics...The Basketball Association of the Phil. was expelled by the Phil. Olympic Commitee for sending mediocre teams to international competitions...The FIBA sided with BAP even if BAP is the one that is really at fault...

I thought that they were suspended because they refused to send a team to a tournament or refused to send a team to qualify for a tournament??? I could be wrong.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #30
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Filipinos are not ASians. they are miscellaneous.

once i was talkin to Filipino classmates and called them Asian and they started to bittch at me.

jeez.. talk about sensitive.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: