Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 PM   #46
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Title of thread is misleading but consider the source.


Considering the source??? You're pretty good at considering your own sources, *cough, my sources told me Allen Iverson would be traded in a week, cough*

I tried changing the title after people thought it was misleading, but I couldn't, it won't let me, so I apologize to those whom I've offended.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #47
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
sorry im not a very liberal person.


bad experiences in new york city.


i go around being polite and nice to everyone and being friendly.



a lot of people are cool, but whenever i have to go to the South Bronx, or Spanish Harlem, Washington Heights, or anywhere in Brooklyn, i instantly get ridiculed and people across the street say : "heyy look at that white boy. he better get the F out of here before we F him up."





people have accosted me several times before. ive never been mugged though since I never carry much money in my pockets anyway, and I'm in good enough shape to defend myself.


When you say you're not a liberal person, what do you mean??? Do you mean politically speaking or when it comes to talking about race??? Just wondering.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #48
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

let's just say I'm not very welcome to the idea of accepting other races.


not because I am a white supremacist.


if I met GOBB in person, i'd be cordial and polite and crap. but once he gets his mouth going, I'd think I wouldn't want to speak to him again.


it's not really a race thing, it's just an individual thing. but frequently people mistake it for bein racism.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #49
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Considering the source??? You're pretty good at considering your own sources, *cough, my sources told me Allen Iverson would be traded in a week, cough*

I tried changing the title after people thought it was misleading, but I couldn't, it won't let me, so I apologize to those whom I've offended.


Still on the AI thing huh? How many All Stars does Houston have again?

Click ADVANCED and you an edit the title heading genius. Simple.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #50
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Still on the AI thing huh? How many All Stars does Houston have again?

Click ADVANCED and you an edit the title heading genius. Simple.


You already know how many All Stars the Houston Rockets have.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #51
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
let's just say I'm not very welcome to the idea of accepting other races.


not because I am a white supremacist.


if I met GOBB in person, i'd be cordial and polite and crap. but once he gets his mouth going, I'd think I wouldn't want to speak to him again.


it's not really a race thing, it's just an individual thing. but frequently people mistake it for bein racism.


You're not very welcome to the idea of accepting other races, yet you question why other races in Brooklyn, South Bronx, Spanish Harlem, and Washington Heights are not being polite to you??? I can't imagine why they wouldn't be nice to you.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #52
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,185
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Must be his shirt that says, "I AM NOT VERY OPEN TO ACCEPTING OTHER RACES."
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #53
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
You already know how many All Stars the Houston Rockets have.

Yes two. Tmac and Yao Ming.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #54
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Must be his shirt that says, "I AM NOT VERY OPEN TO ACCEPTING OTHER RACES."


I'm very interested in what his response will be. He said he's not accepting of other races, yet he's surprised of the way other races treat him.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #55
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Yes two. Tmac and Yao Ming.


Good for you man.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #56
teisco
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
teisco has an OK reputation so far
Default

I think anyone can learn and play the game of basketball, any size, either sex, and any race. How good at something do you have to be to have fun and get some exercise? How much pressure do you guys have to put on yourselves and others before basketball stops being fun?
teisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #57
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheButcher
Wow, stereotype much?
Not stereotyping, just making analyzations BASED off what I have seen.

Quote:
Your comments rubs you off ass a totally clueless jackass and possibly a racist bigot as well.
Racist? What possibly out of that would make me even remotely racist? Sharing opinion on a group or section of basketball players? Yet, a post or two later I give props to Yao Ming? How is what I said even remotely racist? I think you're projecting, or possibly being too touchy. I love asians as people. Analyzing basketball has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Asian players have plenty of "skill".
I haven't seen any in particular. So sue me.

Quote:
It's natural talent they lack. The black man is simply faster and jumps higher. Don't confuse skill with talent.
Isn't that a stereotype? haha

How do you accuse me of stereotyping, then you make a stereotype on two races in 2 sentences. You're quite an intelligent person. haha

And are you saying no black man has skill? they only have talent? what?

Quote:
The Asians make up for their lack of athleticism by working on the skill departments, like shooting and ballhandling.
I'm sure they do. As do all races of players. To be honest, I see basketball players themselves as a race. No white, no black, etc. But when you look at it in a racial microscope, when I answered the original question... it is what I believed.

Quote:
Some of nastiest dribblers I know ball in chinatown, but none of them can hop for shyt
Ok? I haven't seen any for myself, so I can't judge on that. But basketball isn't just about dribbling either.

Quote:
Leave it to a Kobe fan to make himself look like an ass..... never fails..
What do we have? Another stereotype? Who's the salty, bitter one, now?
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #58
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball
 
Rocker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 911
Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I thought that they were suspended because they refused to send a team to a tournament or refused to send a team to qualify for a tournament??? I could be wrong.

nope...the Phil. Team was suspended because of the reason that I said earlier...FIBA already summoned the POC and BAP head to have a discussion in Japan.
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy