Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #46
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
Default

Wow, I have been a Clippers Fan since 1990 and I have never witnessed Laker Fans pay so much attention or have so much knowledge regarding Clippers roster, Stats, record or pertinent information about my Team. The only reason for that is because we are a solid threat. So keep on watching because our future looks very bright.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:32 AM   #47
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Doesn't say much about the clips if they lost games on purpose (supposedly) in order not to play Dallas. As Shane Battier said, you don't mess with the Basketball Gods. And really what did they accomplish this season? They beat a pathetic Denver team in non-convincing fashion and never got control of the series against PHX (always playing catchup). At least the Lakers were one rebound shy from playing the clippers and we all know how that would have turned out, Laker victory.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:15 AM   #48
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperX
Such an easy question. Have you heard of tanking games? The clippers tanked so many games during the last few weeks of the season. They had the opportunity to do so, so they did, can't blame them for wanting denver.

So in simple terms for you lakers fans. The clippers had a playoff birth way before the lakers did and sat out key guys for rest.

Oh is that what they call it now?

LOL u guys are funny.

Last time I checked its called "the team sucks"

A real team would try to win every single possible game. and how do you know so much? u have lunch with Dunleavy every Saturday?

Last edited by lakerfreak : 08-30-2006 at 04:17 AM.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:16 AM   #49
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
Wow, I have been a Clippers Fan since 1990...

Wow, Congratulations u want a cookie?

u can have brian cooky.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #50
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Wow, Congratulations u want a cookie?

u can have brian cooky.
What are you talking about? No, I don't want a cookie but I will be wiling to take your money. Put your money where your mouth is if you think the Lakers are so much better than the Clippers.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #51
ClipperX
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
A real team would try to win every single possible game. and how do you know so much? u have lunch with Dunleavy every Saturday?


How do I know so much? Ever heard of sports talk radio and ESPN? LOL, it was talked about many times. Try watching it sometime. Even your HOMER station 570am was talknig about it. Again I wasn't happy with what they were doing. Im just pointing out the facts. Not my fault you guys have your panties in a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Last time I checked its called "the team sucks"

Again, the Clips played a good part of the season with out Cmaggs. Let me see the Lakers play without one of there Key guys for 20+ games.
ClipperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #52
ClipperX
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Doesn't say much about the clips if they lost games on purpose (supposedly) in order not to play Dallas. As Shane Battier said, you don't mess with the Basketball Gods. And really what did they accomplish this season? They beat a pathetic Denver team in non-convincing fashion and never got control of the series against PHX (always playing catchup). At least the Lakers were one rebound shy from playing the clippers and we all know how that would have turned out, Laker victory.

LMAO quoting shane battier? What has he ever done in basketball? The Griz have never gotten passed the first round LOL.. What did it accomplish this season? They got to the second round. You dont think winning the series 4-2 was convincing enough

Blah Blah BLah. One rebound away? blah blah blah. Lakers CHOKED on a FAT one.
ClipperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #53
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Default

We all know our franchise is better because Lakers would NEVER EVER tank games. The day they tank games is the day that I'm not a lakers fan anymore. Have fun with your pride-less team.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #54
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
We all know our franchise is better because Lakers would NEVER EVER tank games. The day they tank games is the day that I'm not a lakers fan anymore. Have fun with your pride-less team.

It's not the Clippers fault the NBA Playoff Format had a flaw in which they exploited.


Have fun with your choking team quitting during the 2nd half of a game 7.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #55
ClipperX
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
We all know our franchise is better because Lakers would NEVER EVER tank games. The day they tank games is the day that I'm not a lakers fan anymore. Have fun with your pride-less team.

In your case, I hope that day never comes. I don't want other teams having fans like you.
ClipperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:00 AM   #56
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball
 
hutcht02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 884
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
We all know our franchise is better because Lakers would NEVER EVER tank games. The day they tank games is the day that I'm not a lakers fan anymore. Have fun with your pride-less team.

Theres something Ive been meaning to ask you Faker fans for a long time. Why did you tank those last 3 games against Phoenix? Or do you just suck that much?

Last edited by hutcht02 : 08-31-2006 at 12:07 AM.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:58 AM   #57
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Theres something Ive been meaning to ask you Faker fans for a long time. Why did you tank those last 3 games against Phoenix? Or do you just suck that much?

its always an easy target to go after us.

in case u dont remember, Lakers played well the first 4 games sticking to the plan...phoenix simply out played them because they have too much fire power...Did u see how we were one rebound away from taking the series 4-2?

prolly not u were too busy looking at a garbage denver team with problems tanking as much games to play them.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 AM   #58
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
its always an easy target to go after us.

in case u dont remember, Lakers played well the first 4 games sticking to the plan...phoenix simply out played them because they have too much fire power...Did u see how we were one rebound away from taking the series 4-2?

prolly not u were too busy looking at a garbage denver team with problems tanking as much games to play them.

Wow, congrats, you were, but you CHOKED
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:11 AM   #59
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Wow, congrats, you were, but you CHOKED

Congrats I can say the same exact for you.

I'm not one to Make excuses...we choked okay...but we moved on from that now
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 AM   #60
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Congrats I can say the same exact for you.

I'm not one to Make excuses...we choked okay...but we moved on from that now
And How'd we choke?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy