Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #91
clipps
Decent college freshman
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
History is what it is. Are you going to look back 10 years from now and say "Hey, we made the second round in 2006?" Well might as well, cause that's the most you'll accomplish for at least another decade. We on the other hand can look back and say damn 15 years ago we were one of the biggest dinasties in history. This is Laker town, your "home" games against the Lakers seem more like Road games with more Laker Fans attending.

So you have a crystal ball and you automatically know what will happen in then next 10 years? That's one reason why a lot of Laker fans are so ignorant. They are always looking at the past. I guess that's the only thing Laker fans have is the past because other than Kobe and maybe... MAYBE... BIG MAYBE Andrew Bynum, I don't see any future on the Lakers.

The Clippers on the other hand... sure, their past sucks. They've done jack sh!t nothing except for a trip to game 7 in the 2nd round, but they have a future. There's actually something to look forward to. Elton Brand, Sam Cassell, Chris Kaman, Shaun Livingston, Corey Maggette, Quinton Ross, and Cuttino Mobley are still on the team with an upgrade over Radmanovic in Tim Thomas. Kaman and Livingston will get better. They are only entering their 3rd and 4th years in the league respectively. The Clippers also have Singleton, Korolev, and Paul Davis that might show something this season if they get playing time.

The Clippers will be contending with the rest of the leagues elite, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, etc. for the NBA Championship while the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot with the Rockets, Grizzlies, Jazz, Hornets, etc.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 PM   #92
clipps
Decent college freshman
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
That's why you stick with your man Idiot and don't let him get a chance to get into the shooting motion. Just wrap him up, simple. Too complicated for your mind eh simpleton? Clippers CHOKED

THE LAKERS CHOKED A 3-1 SERIES LEAD AGAINST THE SAME TEAM
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #93
clipps
Decent college freshman
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Denver team in non-convincing fashion

It was 4-1. 2 games were blowouts, and one of the games was by 11 points.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #94
EB4life!!
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
EB4life!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 27
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
So you have a crystal ball and you automatically know what will happen in then next 10 years? That's one reason why a lot of Laker fans are so ignorant. They are always looking at the past. I guess that's the only thing Laker fans have is the past because other than Kobe and maybe... MAYBE... BIG MAYBE Andrew Bynum, I don't see any future on the Lakers.

The Clippers on the other hand... sure, their past sucks. They've done jack sh!t nothing except for a trip to game 7 in the 2nd round, but they have a future. There's actually something to look forward to. Elton Brand, Sam Cassell, Chris Kaman, Shaun Livingston, Corey Maggette, Quinton Ross, and Cuttino Mobley are still on the team with an upgrade over Radmanovic in Tim Thomas. Kaman and Livingston will get better. They are only entering their 3rd and 4th years in the league respectively. The Clippers also have Singleton, Korolev, and Paul Davis that might show something this season if they get playing time.

The Clippers will be contending with the rest of the leagues elite, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, etc. for the NBA Championship while the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot with the Rockets, Grizzlies, Jazz, Hornets, etc.

It's nice to see someone telling off this idiot!
EB4life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #95
irimus
I airball my layups
 
irimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Romania
Posts: 65
Default

except kobe who is a great player...LAC are a way much better team
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #96
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irimus
except kobe who is a great player...LAC are a way much better team

2 games WAYYY better. :rollingeyes:
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #97
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP
 
PhxFanAtBirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Placetown
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
That is choking you idiot because you don't give that team the opportunity to hit the 3, they were up by 3 with 2-3 seconds left. Just foul them and have them shoot the freethrows and make sure you get the Defensive Rebound after they miss the second freethrow on purpose, that is common sense. Most coaches are idiots for not doing this. Putting a rookie in there who didn't play in the whole playoffs and expecting him to guard deadly 3pt shooters is CHOKING!!! Daniel Ewing losing his man is CHOKING!!!

Hey dude no offense or anything but fouling the best ft shooting team in the league may not have helped you much.......
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #98
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Simple math. You're up by three, foul the other team, even if they make both, you're still up by one.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:43 AM   #99
clipps
Decent college freshman
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Posts: 2,979
Default

LakerDynasty- Fouling would have been a dumb thing to do. Raja Bell was in the act of shooting immediately after catching the ball, so if he got fouled, he would be on the line for 3 freethrows, tieing the game, same outcome, just a different play.

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-14-2006 at 01:46 PM.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #100
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,002
Default

1) Cassell will become a coach soon, and we already know what his swagger and leadership is worth. Hell, he was virtually an assistant coach when on the bench this year, yelling at the players telling them what to do.

2) When you have RICK BRUNSON, or Andre "I'm Too Good" Miller, hell even Jeff McIniss as your starting PG, it's no surprise you'd miss the playoffs during a time where the West was a much bigger power conference.

3) Why? Simple, because they thought that the Suns might ante up and offer TT the same amount or more and they didn't want to take the gamble, or they thought that TT might live up to his 'loyalty' he had to the Phoenix Suns

4) For a future, you need cap flexibility and draft picks, which the Clippers have both of, while the Lakers have their own picks and no flexibility. You have 14 mil going to someone who isn't on your team, then 13 mil to someone who's an underachiever and is equal or worse to the skills of Maggs, when Corey is making half of that and then you have Kwame Brown making almost 10 mil. Clippers only 'overpaid' asset might be Cuttino Mobley, but then again, he was the 2nd best 2 way player last year behind Kirilenko (link) and the third best Clutch FT Shooter (Link) behind Cassell, Francis and ahead of Maggette.

Next time you argue, pull out facts, not bull**** out of your ass. Thanks
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #101
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Default

Let's not reply to this thread until the season. Deal?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #102
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Let's not reply to this thread until the season. Deal?

Why not? Got no facts to backup your argument like I did?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #103
KB24MVP
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Why not? Got no facts to backup your argument like I did?

Lol my facts were accurate and logical..yours dont make sense..

1-i responded to the stament that u saw sam in ur future..u tell me u see him as a coach... .u wont have an ON-COURT LEADER just like the past 13 years before he joined the team.brand is no leader and u know it.

2-Talking about future assets??? brian grant's 15mil contract ends this year NO FLEXIBILITY HUH??..stop talking outta ur ass man use those few grey cells u have .

3-TT was a free agent..if they really thought he was an upgrade they woulda went for him as soon as they could..instead they went for him only after vlade decided he wanted to play for us..can u blame them??he's 3 years older than vlade..he was benched inNY and Chicago ..
u clearly overpaid for him..he was able to shoot well playing for the suns where he had many open looks..dont expect that to be the same with the clipps.

ur answers dont make sense man .. you must be a kid im not gonna argue with u anymore.

Last edited by KB24MVP : 09-14-2006 at 04:43 PM.
KB24MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #104
clipps
Decent college freshman
 
clipps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24MVP
One of the dumbest post ive seen so far..
1- u say u see a future with SAM CASSELL?heheh the guy is 37..
which brings me to my second pt.
2-What were the clipps doing before Cassell joined??heheh missed the playoffs for 13 years..says something about the leader skills of ur "star"
whats gonna happen when cassel leaves in 2 years?? back to a streak of no playoffs.
3-Why did the clippers even offer vlad a contract if they thought that tim was an upgrade??
4-u dont see any future on the lakers?odom would be picked in the allstars if he was in the east just like melo..brown has improved tremendously..
the team'ss avg age is 25...NO FUTURE??think again...or at least try..

u keep talking about how every player in ur team is better than ours..??yet only 2 games seperated the 2 teams..and the season series were tied...

congrats man..u have entered the dumbest post archives...contending with oldKnickfan.

Why don't read my post, dumbass. I never said anything about Cassell being young. I spacifically said that Cassell, a long with many others are STILL ON THE TEAM!!! Meaning that the Clippers have virtually the same roster as last year, but improved because Livingston and Kaman are young, talented and getting better. Do you have a chrystal ball? Why don't you tell me how the Clippers will do after Cassell leaves. Laker fans obviously can predict the future. They try it all the time. The reason why they made a contract offer for Vlad was because the Clippers original plans were to keep Cassell and Vlad so they wouldn't have to mess with any outside freeagents, dipsh!t. Vlad went to your team as you're "savior" so the Clippers signed someone who happened to be a better all around player than Vlad to be one of the backups on the Clippers. I bet if Tim signed with the Lakers, you guys would brag on how great he is, just like with Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker and the rest of the scrubs on the Lakers not named Kobe and Lamar. Big deal. Kwame Brown was decent in a few playoff games... He's still Kwame Brown and he's still gunna suck. Olowokandi was decent at the end of the 01-02 season but then he turned back into the worthless piece of sh!t that he is now. Why didn't Lamar get picked to be in the all-star game in his career best season with the Heat? And in the east, Lamar would still have a hard time making it with Vince Carter, LeBron James, Paul Pierce, Richard Jefferson, Teyshaun Prince, Antawn Jamison, Jermaine O'Neal, Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace, Emeka Okafor, Chris Bosh... anyone else? Do you think Lamar would make the all-star game in the east? And just because you have a young team doesn't always mean you have a bright future.The only player on the Lakers with a bright future is Bynum... Anyone else? Is Kwame gunna suddenly become a superstar? Is Turiaf gunna be such a great player, how about Sasha, Walton, Mihm, Parker, Farmar, Shammond Williams. All of those players are garbage. The best one out of that group is Mihm and he's a backup at best. All you have is Kobe, Lamar, and Phil. Do you honestly believe that Phil will stay for a long time?

Who cares if the Clippers were "only" 2 games better. First of all, the Clippers were short handed all season with injuries to Ross and maggette. And also playing half a season with no shooter(before thr Wilcox/Radmanovic trade).

The Clippers actually showed up in the playoffs. They defeated the Nuggets in convincing fashion and gave the Suns a much bigger challenge. Elton Brand didn't give up on the Clippers at half time in GAME FREAKIN 7!!!! And the Clippers didn't choke as bad as the lakers did. Sure, a freakin mistake my Cassell in game 5, but any team that can't hold a 3-1 series lead should talk about choking for a long time, idiot.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #105
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24MVP
Lol my facts were accurate and logical..yours dont make sense..

1-i responded to the stament that u saw sam in ur future..u tell me u see him as a coach... .u wont have an ON-COURT LEADER just like the past 13 years before he joined the team.brand is no leader and u know it.

2-Talking about future assets??? brian grant's 15mil contract ends this year NO FLEXIBILITY HUH??..stop talking outta ur ass man use those few grey cells u have .

3-TT was a free agent..if they really thought he was an upgrade they woulda went for him as soon as they could..instead they went for him only after vlade decided he wanted to play for us..can u blame them??he's 3 years older than vlade..he was benched inNY and Chicago ..
u clearly overpaid for him..he was able to shoot well playing for the suns where he had many open looks..dont expect that to be the same with the clipps.

ur answers dont make sense man .. you must be a kid im not gonna argue with u anymore.

Logical and facts? Please, go back to school. Are you trying to tell me that Livingston won't learn leadership from Sam like Nash did? Are you telling that Cuttino Mobley isn't a leader on the court? That's logic? . Congrats, you have an expiring contract, yet you still won't be under the cap, nor near it. Your cap right now is at 77 mil, while the cap is set at around 53.5 million. Take out 15 million and you have 62 mil in owed salaries, thats about 10 mil under the cap so that's flexibility? That's really using logic, right? Being 10 mil under the cap isn't flexibility. Clippers didn't go for TT right at FA? That is ****ing hilarious. Clippers called both TT and Vlad's agents with the same exact offers except TT's being a year shorter, but TT's agent called back and accepted the offer before Vlade's did. Overpaying? You have no right to talk about overpaying, look at what Kwame got, 9 Million dollars for Kwame Brown is hilarious. TT is much better then Vlad in EVERY category and aspect of the game except shooting. Thomas can play defense and score down low, Vladi is just like Cook, weaker then a feather downlow, then again, what do you expect the Lakers to do then to add another weak "Power"forward when they already have Cook, Odom, Mihm and Kwame up front.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy