Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default List Your Team's Trade Assets

And maybe what you think you can get for them, or other posters feel free to make proposals.

NEW JERSEY NETS

The great thing about the Nets is that everyone is expendable thanks to rebuilding, except maybe Harris since he was the cornerstone of the Kidd deal, so I will exclude him.

1. 2 2008 #1 picks - NJ's which should be around #10 and Dallas' which will be #21.

2. Sean Williams - Showed alot of promise in his rookie season. Shotblocker extrodinaire. Also showed much more offensive potential than was expected.

3. Josh Boone - Blossomed as a starter in his 2nd year in the league. Good defense, rebounding and nice touch around the rim.

4. Marcus Williams - Inconsistent yet talented. Stepped it up as a starter briefly post-Kidd, pre-Harris.

5. Stromile Swift - Still teases with talent, but would be most wanted as an expiring $6 million dollar deal.

6. KVH - Can be traded for most the summer as an expiring contract for about $4.5 million

7. RJ / VC - Essentially equal contracts that would be needed to take on major salary. RJ is coming off a career year offensively. VC continues to put up solid and somewhat overlooked numbers.

8. Nenad Krstic (S&T) - Pre-Injury a 16-7 player. Never fully recovered last season, but showed major imporvement by the end.

9. Boki Nachbar (S&T) - A back injury slowed him after a breakout season the year before.

10. Desagana Diop (S&T) - A defensive force.

POSSIBLE TARGETS:

The Nets need a big man (as do many teams).

Brand - A pipedream wanted by everyone.
JO - A high risk/high reward type move. Maybe a desperation move.

Anthony - There are rumours.... He's not a big guy, but he is a star and he does play in the post very well.

Keep in mind the Nets do have a couple things going for them:

1. Rod Thorn - Known for fleecing teams in trades.
2. Kiki - Pretty good track record as a GM.
3. Brooklyn/Jay-Z - As in the Nets may become a more attractive destination than they have been.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
bagelred
Weird

Default Re: List Your Team's Trade Assets

Knicks:

crickets........crickets........crickets.......

The Silence is deafening.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Knicks:

crickets........crickets........crickets.......

The Silence is deafening.

Now, now...

Marbury's expirer
Rose's expirer
Lee
Chandler
Balkman
Crawford
#1 pick
#2 pick

2045 #2 pick

Eddie Curry

$5 bill

Zach Randolph
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
bomber
Good college starter

Celtics no longer have trade assets. We pretty much have to keep everyone. Maybe we could package Perk + #30 for an athletic 5 that knows how to contribute consistently.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Bulls
---------------

We have too many guards...

1. Chris Duhon - Solid Backup PG, team might want to pick up.
2. Ben Gordon - Has been known to be streaky and inconsistent, but the stats still don't die, 18.6/3.5/3.5 player.
3. Tyrus Thomas - Feels underappreciated in Chicago. Freakish athlete. Needs some good coaching, has great potential.
4. Nocioni - Good defense. Solid offense. Number 3-4 option ?
5. Kirk Hinrich - Last year was pathetic. I really want him out. Any takers?
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Other than maybe Portland, I don't see many teams with more trading pieces to work with than the Nets. I don't know of too many teams with large amounts of expiring contracts and quality pieces to combine them with to make major moves.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Celtics no longer have trade assets. We pretty much have to keep everyone. Maybe we could package Perk + #30 for an athletic 5 that knows how to contribute consistently.
If only Leon were a couple inches taller...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #8
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Other than maybe Portland, I don't see many teams with more trading pieces to work with than the Nets. I don't know of too many teams with large amounts of expiring contracts and quality pieces to combine them with to make major moves.
Add Denver to that list as well.

Hopefully Rod Thorn can make some moves that improve the team without giving up Sean Williams. He is currently my favorite Net, and I am looking forward to watching him develop as a player.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
2045 #2 pick

Old 05-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Raptors

1. Jose Calderon (sign and trade or trade after Dec. 15 once he is re-signed) or TJ Ford (trade after draft once his BYC status is up)

2. Any draft pick

3. Expiring contracts - Rasho Nesterovic ($8.4mil), Anthony Parker ($4.5mil), Jorge Garbajosa ($4.3mil), Maceo Baston ($2mil)

4. Andrea Bargnani - I pray to God every night that some other GM in the NBA sees something in him

5. Kris Humphries - cheap, good energy off the bench... I'd rather just keep him in fact

6. Jason Kapono - like anyone would actually take that contract off the Raptors hands

7. Joey Graham - ...

But really, everyone other than Bosh should be available for trades when it comes to the Raptors. This team BADLY needs a talent upgrade. I think the Pau Gasol trade has messed with everyone's expectations when it comes to trades.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #11
ThaKid
King

Jose Calderon???? and maybe Bargs potential???

oh wait that left a year ago
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #12
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Cavaliers Trading Assets

Eric Snow- $7,310,000
Sasha Pavlovic- $9,450,000
Eric Snow- $4,460,186
Wally Szczerbiak- $13,000,000

First and 2nd Round Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft

First and 2nd Round Pick in the 2010 NBA Draft

Coach Mike Brown - $100,000,000

We need an athletic Wally Szcerbiak, so i would like to see the Cavaliers signed JR Smith in the Free Agent Market.

Cavs didn't need to signed another bigmen because the management would probably pick either Kousta Kofos, or Robin Lopez in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Players I want to see on a Cavaliers Uniform

Gerald Green
JR Smith/ Josh Smith
Kousta Kofos
Juan Carlos Navarro
Another Pass First PG ( For a Much Cheaper Price)

Last edited by Lebron23 : 05-16-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Players I want to see on a Cavaliers Uniform

Gerald Green
JR Smith/ Josh Smith
Kousta Kofos
Juan Carlos Navarro
Another Pass First PG ( For a Much Cheaper Price)

Honestly I'll pass on all 5 of those. I want an athletic bigman in the draft ( Javele McGee perhaps ?) and a trade for some serious scoring help or the cap space.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
bomber
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
If only Leon were a couple inches taller...

Yeah if he had Perks frame we would be set.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #15
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Raptors

1. Jose Calderon (sign and trade or trade after Dec. 15 once he is re-signed) or TJ Ford (trade after draft once his BYC status is up)

2. Any draft pick

3. Expiring contracts - Rasho Nesterovic ($8.4mil), Anthony Parker ($4.5mil), Jorge Garbajosa ($4.3mil), Maceo Baston ($2mil)

4. Andrea Bargnani - I pray to God every night that some other GM in the NBA sees something in him

5. Kris Humphries - cheap, good energy off the bench... I'd rather just keep him in fact

6. Jason Kapono - like anyone would actually take that contract off the Raptors hands

7. Joey Graham - ...

But really, everyone other than Bosh should be available for trades when it comes to the Raptors. This team BADLY needs a talent upgrade. I think the Pau Gasol trade has messed with everyone's expectations when it comes to trades.

If i am a general manager i will gladly take Jason Kapono's contract of the Raptors, if they are willing. Any Raptor fan can agree with me Jason Kapono didnt dissapoint but Sam Mitchell dissapointed !! Everytime Kapono ran threw the screens and got decent not necesarly open shot, HE MADE PLAYS !! He showed his worth in the playoffs. I would love to see him stick with the Raptors, the last player that was this wet from 3 in a raptors uniform was Dell Curry. And Kapono is weater from 3 than Curry.Plus Midlevel Exp is a big contract in todays NBA ? Naa Kapono stays.

Andrea Bargnani still has the potential, i am serious yes i saw him play. But there are reports coming out recently that Andrea's Bargnani and Sam Mitchell were never on good terms. I think we can all agree that if you cant stand the coach you will never practice hard,play hard or listen to his advise. I simply refuse to beleive Bargnani suddenly lost his shooting touch. Lets not forget this man has that take 2 steps from the 3 point line and you are right at the basket. The only player i think of top of my head that can do that is Lebron James(no comparisons). He needs to handle the ball better and get better coaching and this kid is something, i am sorry he is just in a wrong situation. HE IS NOT A CENTER !!! Bryan Colangelo is waisting his money and time trying to convert this kid to a center and its simply just waisting his talent trying to turn him to a center. He needs a team that will give him his freedom and Raptors is not the team. And he will forever struggle playing next a PF who is as soft as he is.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: