Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Walton's Future

Luke Walton a player who is everywhere on the court and doing everything he possibly can both offensively and defensively. Watching Bill Walton's games on Classic I see some resemblence between their game. Both Walton's are excellent passers and know what to do at the right time. Averaging 5ppg, 3rpg,2apg last season while being given 19 minutes a game.

In the playoffs last sason Walton averaged 12.1 points while starting a few games. We all know that he's good and can average 10+ 5 rpg and 4apg. If only he could improve his game sooner in crunch time moments, he'd probably be a future consideration to start.

Bill Walton was the only player in NBA History to win both Sixth Man and Finals MVP. I think Luke could play like this. If only he could snatch down more rebounds. Bills stats with the Blazers were 17.1 ppg 13.5 rpg 2.6 bpg.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:06 AM   #2
T-Mac213
Banned

T-Mac213 has no real reputation yet.

hes ok
T-Mac213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Luke

I love Luke's game!! As you say, he does everything well. Give him
a bit more time to calm down while on the floor, and I think we
will all love his game.

Luke needs to:
- look for his shot more (and get better at it)
- stop jumping to pass
- stop forcing passes inside, use the triangle.....

I love his effort on D, he is a good ball handler, he has great vision,
and keeps improving!!! When he becomes a good outside shooter, look
out!!

I'd love to see him at PG some day!!! Imagine, 4 guys at 6'10" or
more, and Kobe!!! (Kwame, Lamar, Luke, Radman, and Kobe)

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tex Winter is very high on Walton's game... (among others)

I don't expect the Lakers to get rid of him, but it will be interesting to see where and how he gets his minutes.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default could he...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Tex Winter is very high on Walton's game... (among others)

I don't expect the Lakers to get rid of him, but it will be interesting to see where and how he gets his minutes.

Could he become a PG some day or at least the "initiator" position
in the triagle (similar to Pippen)?

Last edited by magicmanfan : 08-20-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

I don't know if he could do that. He does'nt have all the tools that Scottie had. Scottie was an excellent defensive player and a very good ball handler. Those things is what he was so great and gave MJ the ability to save most of his energy for the offensive end and pick his spots to attack.

He is a great player personally, he is one of my favorite players because he's perfect for the triangle and does'nt demand the ball yet still helps his team. Though i don't see him playing that PG type role, i definately agree that we should resign him when the time comes and give him more minutes.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan

I'd love to see him at PG some day!!! Imagine, 4 guys at 6'10" or
more, and Kobe!!! (Kwame, Lamar, Luke, Radman, and Kobe)

...but he's 6'8 isn't he?....still tall.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Default how tall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
...but he's 6'8 isn't he?....still tall.

I thought I heard someone say he grew quite a bit last year?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

maybe in bulk, definitely not in height
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that would be awesome if he gained some bulk in the weight room... that would help his game significantly!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:15 PM   #11
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

Aristotle8/24 has an OK reputation so far

I like Walton and think he's our X-factor. He can do everything and his shooting got better last year.
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Luke will help as a solid 6 or 7th man.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
that would be awesome if he gained some bulk in the weight room... that would help his game significantly!
Yeah it would help, especially in the post. I saw him once in a game he was posting up Artest and his shots were amazingly following. He could be a good post player.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:24 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So how much would u guys resign him for?

about 4 million a year I think is good enough to keep him for about 3 more years.

I want him to stay
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Yeah, I totally agree with that number 4 million is a perfect salary for a player with that capability. Yeah I dont want him to leave LA, and I dont think any other fans do either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: