Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 05-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #16
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 3, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 1, Tuesday

Celtics in 6, getting their first road victory. There's just no way this ridiculous streak continues, and although I think Detroit may steal one at home, I hope the Celtics return the favor.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm going to say Celtics in 6 for this one. I think they will finally get it going after the morale boost they had to get from pulling out a tough game 7, and Detroit isn't a bad matchup for them at all.

Well be a great series to watch in any case with some top notch defense, lots of stars on both teams, and very solid roleplayers all around.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
ShowTime LA
In it to win it

ShowTime LA is considered somewhat coolShowTime LA is considered somewhat cool

Detroit in 6.
ShowTime LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Come get your whoopin!
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #20
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Even a gimpy Billups will give Rondo fits. As we saw with Delonte West, Billups will cheat off Rondo constantly unless he proves he can make the open shot. Even so, Rondo is under rated defensively IMO, although it's possible Billups will give Rondo a proper education.

Detroit's bench is really good. I think theirs is the sort of bench that performs better in the playoffs than Boston's. They have a lot of bangers and bruisers and they seem to be really good at hitting the glass. They score in the paint and get to the line. At least, that's my subjective impression. I haven't looked at the stats.

If Ray Allen continues to be a cold fish and a defensive liability how will Boston deal with Hamilton's output?

Even with all of this, Boston has home court. I'm not sure if Detroit's bench and roleplayers can help Detroit's starters win a game there. If any team will win a title by going to a game 7 every series it may as well be this Boston club.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #21
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

i got the celtics in 7... this is going to be an amazing, amazing series.. what i have been waiting for all season.. i said the first time they played this season they would meet again, as i am sure alot of people did. i cant wait
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #22
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

Celtics in 6

Aint nobody on Detroit messing with Pierce.
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #23
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #24
Ken_Masters
Good High School Starter

Ken_Masters has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
Boston barely beat Cleveland, showing no sign of improving from the last series...and somehow people are predicting Boston in 6? What disrespect to Detroit.

If Boston continues to play this poorly, and Allen continues to be a non-factor...Detroit wins this in 6, maybe less.

Disrespect to Detroit? Why in the world does Detroit deserve so much respect? They're a solid team, but not a great team by any stretch of the imagination. I've seen the Pistons self destruct far too many times to be getting all hyped up about them. And rarely do they ever play hard for the entire series.
Ken_Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #25
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Celtics will win in 7 but the Pistons will still the first game in Boston.
This will be because they are well rested etc.

I think the series will look something like this.

Game 1

Pistons 87 Boston 73
Sheed goes for 30 plus.
Rondo keeps the Celts alive at times in the game but Sheed is just to much.

Game 2

Pistons 83 Boston 91
The Truth puts up 30 plus and KG and company hold Sheed to 13 points.

Game 3

Boston 85 Pistons 87
Mr. Big Shot hits a last second three at the final second to pull the win for the home team. The Pistons will be sitting pretty at 2-1 at this point.

Game 4
Boston 113 Pistons 92
The Celtics get their first road win in blow out fashion. Sam I Am and the bench comes off huge. Series tied 2-2.

Game 5
Pistons 78 Celtics 81
Sheed fouls out after having an amazing near triple double.
Ray Allen comes alive in the 4th and puts the Celtics ahead in the series!

Game 6
Celtics 77 Pistons 103
A HUGE blow out in Detroit! The Celtics shoot under 35% as the Pistons coast their way to tie the series. Sheed guransheeds a victory in Boston to take the series.

Game 7
Pistons 107 Celtics 113 (OT)
Sheed fouls out in OT. Eddie House hits two 3's in a row with less the 1:30 left on the clock to put the nails in the coffin of Detroit.
After reporters ask Sheed what happen to his guarnsheed promise he says....."both teams played hard."

Celtics then go on thier way to the Finals for the first time since the 80's.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #26
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Detroit in 6.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #27
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

go pistons!!!
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #28
shaoyut

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I think the Celtics will win in 7 but the Pistons will still the first game in Boston.
This will be because they are well rested etc.

I think the series will look something like this.

Game 1

Pistons 87 Boston 73
Sheed goes for 30 plus.
Rondo keeps the Celts alive at times in the game but Sheed is just to much.

Game 2

Pistons 83 Boston 91
The Truth puts up 30 plus and KG and company hold Sheed to 13 points.

Game 3

Boston 85 Pistons 87
Mr. Big Shot hits a last second three at the final second to pull the win for the home team. The Pistons will be sitting pretty at 2-1 at this point.

Game 4
Boston 113 Pistons 92
The Celtics get their first road win in blow out fashion. Sam I Am and the bench comes off huge. Series tied 2-2.

Game 5
Pistons 78 Celtics 81
Sheed fouls out after having an amazing near triple double.
Ray Allen comes alive in the 4th and puts the Celtics ahead in the series!

Game 6
Celtics 77 Pistons 103
A HUGE blow out in Detroit! The Celtics shoot under 35% as the Pistons coast their way to tie the series. Sheed guransheeds a victory in Boston to take the series.

Game 7
Pistons 107 Celtics 113 (OT)
Sheed fouls out in OT. Eddie House hits two 3's in a row with less the 1:30 left on the clock to put the nails in the coffin of Detroit.
After reporters ask Sheed what happen to his guarnsheed promise he says....."both teams played hard."

Celtics then go on thier way to the Finals for the first time since the 80's.

wow
Old 05-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #29
shaoyut

i got a feeling a celtic player would get injured
Old 05-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #30
Quality_Posts
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quality_Posts has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
wow
This post did not pass the Quality Post test.

Reason: You quoted a long post with a single non-nonsensical word .

Warning, you have one more chance before repercussions take place.
Quality_Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: