Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-22-2006, 04:56 AM   #16
joseph
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Boris at Center...

In the interviews surrounding a draft workout Tuesday, D'Antoni was asked about needing another big man, and suggested that Boris and Amare would likely get most of the minutes, with Kurt helping out on defense. Makes sense since Boris was the star of the Dallas series for the Suns.
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
LUCAS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I agree. It will be:

C Diaw
F Amare
F Marion
G Bell
G Nash

2nd unit:

C Kurt Thomas
F Tim Thomas (if he signs, or draftee)
F James Jones (if not traded)
G Barbosa
G House (or draftee)

Diaw has amazing game and is not even in his prime yet. Kurt Thomas is the best post defender in the game. Bell is more than a defender and 3 pt shooter, his offensive game keeps getting better and most importantly he is a leader. Amare is playing in the vegas summer league- HAHAHAHA. james Jones is a quality player, he brings good defense, sometimes great shooter, hustle player/rebounder/shot blocker. House is a liability. Tim Thomas is a great talent but doesn't always show up, if they keep him cheap he is a great bench player.
LUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 AM   #18
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Quote:
I don't really care for Barbosa starting over Bell. I think Leandro is better suited playing the opponents second unit. He can be a huge spark off the bench. I feel that Bell has earned his stripes, and that he brings a little more to the team than Barbosa.

Ditto

I think the Suns should have:

Kt
Amare
Marion
Bell
Nash

Although, IF everyone is healthy, then we have flexiblity to adapt to the opposing team's lineup((mostly in the playoffs when adjustments are needed even more)).

Second Unit:

FA or Rookie or Grant
Diaw
Jones or Timmy...whichever is here next year.
Barbosa
House...although I am REALLY favoring the idea of getting Knight...although that wouldn't fix our long term goal of getting a PG to take Nash's place when he's gone.

I love Diaw and Barbosa...but((for now)), they are fitted to come off the bench, assuming Amare is healthy. Although he wont have to average 26 points per, which is good, he will still get around 20 or so. Barbosa will be the spark off the bench, and Diaw will be the all-around-do-it-all-man. His assists will sky-rocket once Amare comes back.

If everyone is healthy, the future looks bright.

Rab, do you think the Suns should try and trade up and pick up Shelden Williams? I think he would be a GREAT compliment for PHX on defense.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:41 AM   #19
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Rab, do you think the Suns should try and trade up and pick up Shelden Williams? I think he would be a GREAT compliment for PHX on defense.
What's up man, where have you been?

I don't know what I would do with these picks if I were the Suns. Sheldon would be a great fit athletic wise to the Suns. He can rebound and block shots, and could develop into a solid player.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #20
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Been hitting up the weight room/starting practice for football season/trying to get a summer job after my regular SCREWED my over real good.

Yea, I think if D'Antoni plays his cards right, he COULD get Shelden and maybe a point guard. Why not offer the Rockets Barbosa((though I would HATE to see him go)) and James Jones for their pick and ALston? And work out the kinks if they show even moderate interest? Maybe send KT if we can pick up a decent center also in the draft with our second pick?

And, you guys are forgetting about our secret weapon: SKITA!! D'Antoni has been waiting for the offseason so he can get his trainers, the same ones who worked with Diaw last summer, to work with Skita. Who knows....it worked with Barbosa...and Diaw. Who is to say Skita wont be the feel good story of next year?
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
dmenzion
I hit open layups

Default 06-07 Suns

Amare/Grant/Burke
Diaw/Thomas/Skit
Marion/Jones
Bell/Barbosa
Nash/House

Barbosa,House,Thomas all effective bench players
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #22
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Amare/Grant/Burke
Diaw/Thomas/Skit
Marion/Jones
Bell/Barbosa
Nash/House

Barbosa,House,Thomas all effective bench players

i would prefer Barbosa starting... but that's beside the point...

erm... i don't see a need to mention Burke...

and sorry... i'm kinda in a cave... who's Skit???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:51 AM   #23
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

i agree with this line-up

nash/a drafted or veteran PG
raja/barbosa
marion/jones or free-agent pick-up
amare/tim thomas
diaw/kurt thomas

barbosa starting over raja is absurd, ive never heard it and it wouldnt make sense either, too it would be better to start raja for defense just to have that spark he brings and he's more consistent than barbosa

i like the idea of bringing in brevin knight, he was behind nash in assists per game this year, he's got some good Defensive skills, and he'd just be a good veteran pickup to spell nash

i think we should drop jones-too inconsistent

marion, tim, diaw, and amare all sharing heavy minutes in rotation with kurt comin' in sparingly for foul trouble and such, will be a devestating frontcourt...
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #24
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

Amare
Marion
Diaw
Bell
Nash
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: