Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here
Default Playstation 3 owners

You guys like the system? Tell me a little about it please.
My sister is buying my Xbox 360 for her boyfriend as a birthday gift, she's giving me 380 bucks for it...I am giving her 5 games with it.

I don't play online, so I don't care about online play...I heard Ps3 is more powerful and the blue ray capabilities will make the system the clear front runner in the future.

But does the hardware have any problems? Like the 360 does.
Are the graphics just as impressive etc.?
Any help will do.

Thanks.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Re: Playstation 3 owners

i have both and i play the 360 more just because of the games. I do have a few blu-ray movies which look really good. Graphically you can't tell much of a difference unless you're gonna be looking at them right next to each other. I haven't had any problems with the ps3 yet(i hardly play it), but i've had to send my xbox in 3 times to microsoft. Overall I still the the 360 is the better system.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

Thanks man.
Yeah I know the PS3 doesn't have as many games out right now, but they have Modern Warfare and GTA 4...so those are the only games I care about anyway. I don't play online or nothing, my 360 broke already twice on me and I just don't want to wait another month if it does break again.

I like how Ps3 looks more as well, and the Blue Ray technology is definitely a big reason I want to buy a Ps3. And I havent heard any internal problems with the system, so I'm going to cop it soon.

Plus Metal Gear Solid is coming out soon.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I have a 60GB PS3 which I have owned since launch.

It hasn't give me any problems but then I NEVER play it…
I played VF5 quite a bit when it came out and when I got my VSHG but other than some ramdom moments of playing Blast Factor and Everyday Shooter, I really don't use it much.

Occasionally I will play PlayStation games on it but the games I am waiting for are a long ways away…

One thing good about PlayStation 3 is that Sony finally built a reliable console. Its just now that there are no games for the thing. Its crazy that a Japanese based console has no games from its own country… the Japanese developers are favoring Nintendo more this time around… Heck even 360 is getting some of the Japanese games I thought would have been on PS3…

Anyhow, if you don't fancy online game play and are privy to western games, and enjoy to watch movies, then the PlayStation 3 should fit the bill.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

Well I only care about Modern Warfare and GTA 4 right now, so I'm going to play that for at least the next 6 months anyways. And watching movies is VERY important to me when it comes to a console, so blue ray technology is definitely appealing to me.

By the way man, can you tell me some hot games that are expected to come for Ps3 in the future?

Thanks.

Last edited by ~LA's fine$t~ : 05-19-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Also, there is basically no point, for me at least, in playing online for the PS3. You get no achievements or anything and there aren't any other people i know that play PS3 online. And it's just not as user friendly as Xbox live is.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

I am pre-ordering the 80 GB backward compatible PS 3 with Metal Gear Solid 4. Going to get it on June 12th.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 AM   #8
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
I am pre-ordering the 80 GB backward compatible PS 3 with Metal Gear Solid 4. Going to get it on June 12th.
Argh, i'm thinking of doing the same thing. But I don't wanna buy a PS3 just for MGS4.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #9
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have PS3 and like everyone else I haven't had a single problem with it in 5 months that i've had it. Me and my roommates at my apartment all love it
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
teleport
G-Men 3-0

teleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this board

I have a PS3 also, but it's my 2nd one. My 1st one had somesort of malfunction and it wouldn't turn on. The thing that sucks was that my MLB 2k7 was stuck in it. Luckily I had a warrenty and I got a new one and havn't had a problem since.
teleport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

Yeah I'm totally psyched about getting PS3 and Metal Gear Solid. Of course I'm also buying GTA 4 for it, and possibly COD 4 : Modern Warfare.

My girl loves a movie night with me, so I know she'll enjoy the Blue Ray a lot.
Plus the 80 GB is completely backward compatible, which is a huge reason I'm getting it...because I still occasionally like to play San Andreas!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
teleport
G-Men 3-0

teleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this board

COD4 gets boring quick, but maybe that's just me. Try renting it first.
teleport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
…Plus the 80 GB is completely backward compatible, which is a huge reason I'm getting it...because I still occasionally like to play San Andreas!!

FYI,
The 80GB is NOT 100% completely backwards compatible.

You'll want to refer to this:

PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 Format Software Compatibility Status for PLAYSTATION®3 Hardware

just to make sure that your game(s) will play on your 80GB console with or without issue. Most issues are usually minuscule, but could be an annoyance if anything…

Good luck with your PlayStation 3 and have fun.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 PM   #14
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I got a PS3 for Christmas and have had no problems with it at all. I have always perfered Playstation over XBox so I am probably biased towards them but I do like PS3 more then XBox and even some of my friends that own XBox's say that they like the PS3 better.

The only problem is the lack of games right now, but with Metal Gear Solid coming out soon, Resident Evil 5 (is it out yet? I actually have no idea) and then games like GTA IV, NBA2K8, COD4 and the like I don't think it is that big of a deal. I have never really understood the infactuation with Halo either.

I perfer the PS3 and always will lol.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #15
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

Sonic, thanks for the look out bro.
That site says that the latest version basically fixes all the problems, and since I'm buying the latest version (comes out in June 12th)...I don't think it'll be a problem.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: