Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default pf & c's

rating these players against each other would be a hard job even if you got to work them out in person- they still dont ever really see them all play against each other, do they?

im trying to make a mock draft and wanted help- how do you rank these groups of players against each other

pf & c's- hibbert, jordon, ajinca, mcgee, r lopez, k love, d aurthur, dorsey, & koufos - i know i nine person ranking list gets hard- but not for any specific team just overall prospect ranking or favorites

gallinari, randolph, batum, e gordon - how would you rank those 4?

2 gaurds- rush, buddinger, walker, CDR

any help would be nice
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: pf & c's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
rating these players against each other would be a hard job even if you got to work them out in person- they still dont ever really see them all play against each other, do they?

im trying to make a mock draft and wanted help- how do you rank these groups of players against each other

pf & c's- hibbert, jordon, ajinca, mcgee, r lopez, k love, d aurthur, dorsey, & koufos - i know i nine person ranking list gets hard- but not for any specific team just overall prospect ranking or favorites

gallinari, randolph, batum, e gordon - how would you rank those 4?

2 gaurds- rush, buddinger, walker, CDR

any help would be nice

pf's and c's---
1. lopez
2. randolph
3.d arthur
4.jordan
5.mcgee
6. love
7.koufos
8.dorsey
(i know nothing about ajinca)

2 guards
1.rush
2.walker
3.budinger
4.CDR

then randolph,gallinari,gordon,batum
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

1. Love
2. Jordan
3. Arthur
4. Koufus
5. McGee
6. Hibbert
7. Lopez
8. Ajinca
9. Dorsey

The top 3 there is really hard to pick. I think Koufus and McGee, and possible Hibbert could swap around a bit, and I think the last 3 could move around too, but I expect Lopez to go a bit higher than the other 2.

1. Gordon
2. Randolph
3. Gallinari
4. Batum

That is a really tough list to make. I think right now it is clear Batum is #4, but the other 3 are basically even. And I do think Batum will move back up, which will complicate things further.

1. Budinger
2. Rush
3. CDR
4. Walker
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
1. Love
2. Jordan
3. Arthur
4. Koufus
5. McGee
6. Hibbert
7. Lopez
8. Ajinca
9. Dorsey

The top 3 there is really hard to pick. I think Koufus and McGee, and possible Hibbert could swap around a bit, and I think the last 3 could move around too, but I expect Lopez to go a bit higher than the other 2.

1. Gordon
2. Randolph
3. Gallinari
4. Batum

That is a really tough list to make. I think right now it is clear Batum is #4, but the other 3 are basically even. And I do think Batum will move back up, which will complicate things further.

1. Budinger
2. Rush
3. CDR
4. Walker

why lopez so low if he's expected top 5 overall? or are you rating them to how good you think they'll become instead of draft position
Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

thank you both very much

i should have explained better that i left both brooke lopez and a randolph off the lists- for me im sure enough about brooke lopez to rate him ahead of the rest of the bigs- ive been lead to believe that randolph is also a notch ahead of the rest at pf-

the lopez that is to be ranked with the rest of the list is center robin lopez-

im glad im not the only one who places d aurthur ahead of some of these other guys- also the 2 gaurds list seems right no matter wich order its in

i shouldnt have put ajinca in- but i definitly want to know how people rank the rest of the bigs( posterize where do you like hibbert and r lopez on your list) -plenty to choose from without me throwing my favortite foriegn prospect in, even though i do see it shocking if ajinca is not in the top 19 picks

i am also still confused why i am the only joey dorsey supporter around- i must have him ranked way too high-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
thank you both very much

i should have explained better that i left both brooke lopez and a randolph off the lists- for me im sure enough about brooke lopez to rate him ahead of the rest of the bigs- ive been lead to believe that randolph is also a notch ahead of the rest at pf-

the lopez that is to be ranked with the rest of the list is center robin lopez-

im glad im not the only one who places d aurthur ahead of some of these other guys- also the 2 gaurds list seems right no matter wich order its in

i shouldnt have put ajinca in- but i definitly want to know how people rank the rest of the bigs( posterize where do you like hibbert and r lopez on your list) -plenty to choose from without me throwing my favortite foriegn prospect in, even though i do see it shocking if ajinca is not in the top 19 picks

i am also still confused why i am the only joey dorsey supporter around- i must have him ranked way too high-

if i had to put the last couple in order of how i think they'll be drafted...i would go
1.koufos
2.hibbert
3.lopez
4.dorsey(hes a sure 2nd rounder)

In order of how I like them to do in their careers I would switch koufos and hibbert in that list. I really have no clue about ajinca. I've never seen the guy play and can't form an opinion on him
Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
pf's and c's---
(i know nothing about ajinca)

http://www.bballvideos.com/2007/07/e...is-ajinca.html

all u need to know...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Love
Arthur
Hibbert
Jordan
McGee
Lopez
Koufos
Dorsey
Never even heard of Ajinca

Gordon
Gallinari
Batum
Randolph

CDR
Walker
Budinger
Rush
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
wow.never thought i'd see that dunk in game
Old 05-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
wow.never thought i'd see that dunk in game
That was on U19 World Championship in Novi Sad, Serbia (my city) and I was watching that game live. It was so amzing to see a 7'1 guy who is skinny as hell to do honey dip in a game...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #11
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

It's not that I don't like Dorsey, but I don't think he will go as high as those other guys. I do think right now he is the 2nd round, but he could move up, and there are always a few playoff teams that are looking for something specific and someone who can help them right away.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: