Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #46
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Official NBA '08 Draft Lottery Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatPrince

couldn't agree with you more they are def. getting a top 2 its just a gut feeling

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE

THE KNICKS ARE FINALLY WATCHABLE

Derrick Rose is not going to make an entire offense better.

Thats a ridiculous pipe dream that many Knicks fans are probably going to have,if he starts and averages at least 35 MPG expect something around 12 PPG 6 APG.

I'm not convinced that the Knicks will draft Rose if they are set to keep Marbury.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #47
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to agree on the Knicks, but not because of any conspiracy. The way I've seen the lottery crack up the last few years, the team with the worst record hasn't had the mojo. It's usually been the team with the 3rd to 5th worst. And NY is tied for 4th. Silly logic, you ask? Maybe. But it's still early in the morning
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #48
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
couldn't agree with you more they are def. getting a top 2 its just a gut feeling
just a 7% chance of a first and an 8% chance of a second. It's pretty unlikely they get a top 2 pick.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #49
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
just a 7% chance of a first and an 8% chance of a second. It's pretty unlikely they get a top 2 pick.

People just don't understand statistics, and the draft lottery, and always talk about the team with the best odds not getting it. That's because even though they have the best odds (25%) it means that 75% of the time, they won't, so as a whole, it's much more likely the team with the worst record doesn't get it. So yeah, at best over the long haul, the top team only gets it one in 4 years, which is close to what we've seen overall since this lotto started.

And as exactly stated above, they only have a 7% chance of snagging the first pick, and an 8% chance of getting the second. So I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were in NY.

I think the best case scenario for all non-Knick fans is that 3 teams lower than the Knicks odds-wise win the lotto, get bumped, and the NYK get moved down. Has an entire fan-base ever committed suicide at the same time before?
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #50
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

I hope they let Knicks fans into the room.

New york fans are entertainment at its finest. Draft time when they boo or cheer is funny as hell to watch on TV...but itd be funny if they just bumped to 7th or 8th and the reaction on them would be priceless...like that boston guy last year who was about ot cry
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #51
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

Bulls, by all accounts, are a proverbial lock for #9 or #10. That's Joakim Noah territory. That should be good enough for UCLA's Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #52
DatPrince
I brick open layups

DatPrince has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

Thats a ridiculous pipe dream that many Knicks fans are probably going to have,if he starts and averages at least 35 MPG expect something around 12 PPG 6 APG.

I'm not convinced that the Knicks will draft Rose if they are set to keep Marbury.

but he'll get them into the right direction better than marbury....and yes the knicks will draft rose i just got this feeling lmao

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE loll
DatPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #53
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
but he'll get them into the right direction better than marbury....and yes the knicks will draft rose i just got this feeling lmao

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE loll
Not really

I'm not a Rose hater but I really could see him becoming the next Antonio Daniels more than him becoming the next Gary Payton.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #54
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope Wolves get the top pick and Knicks get the second pick.

pg
Foye
Brewer
Beasley
Jefferson

Will be sick in the future. Just need to find a real pg in the future although it won't ever be one of the top ones unless it comes through the draft because of how much money will be invested into the team already.

Rose
Crawford
? no one worthy of starting
Randolph
Lee

Trade Marbury and Curry for some picks or a starting caliber sf/c.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #55
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Not really

I'm not a Rose hater but I really could see him becoming the next Antonio Daniels more than him becoming the next Gary Payton.

you sound retarded.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #56
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
you sound retarded.
If only you could hear me.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #57
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

They will keep Maybury bc he is an expiring contract and let it run out or trade the expiring contract away. He will not be a Knick past this season. Pg position has been a problem for years w/ the Knicks. They need a guy like him
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #58
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
They will keep Maybury bc he is an expiring contract and let it run out or trade the expiring contract away. He will not be a Knick past this season. Pg position has been a problem for years w/ the Knicks. They need a guy like him
Everyone knows he won't be a Knick past this season because he's heading overseas to play in 2009.

By drafting Derrick Rose what do you do with Nate Robinson,he is a great fit for D'Antoni's system but you can't possibly play him at the 2,they'd probably have to rotate Rose in as Jamaal Crawford's back-up at the 2 when Robinson checks in the game.

The smart thing for New York to do would be to trade Starbury,Crawford,and Q-Dog.

Start Derrick Rose at PG,Acquire Via Trade a SG,Start Chandler at SF.

But they're not smart enough to realize this because they want to be competitive next season.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #59
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Repeating a question from the Draft thread (since I didn't see the Lottery thread earlier):

I didn't see the answer to this question on NBA.com's lottery page. What time is the lottery? I know its tomorrow, but what time?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #60
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Repeating a question from the Draft thread (since I didn't see the Lottery thread earlier):

I didn't see the answer to this question on NBA.com's lottery page. What time is the lottery? I know its tomorrow, but what time?
8:00 P.M. ET
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: