Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 05-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 2, Spurs @ Hornets, Monday, GAME 7

hope this is a great game, it has all the makings to be a big game 7 if the spurs can get their act together on the road and the hornets keep up their home court high level of play....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #17
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

The Spurs are gonna come out executing so the Hornets had better come out sharp or else I feel like Tyson is gonna be in early foul trouble. Also, I'd like to see a lot more picks by the Hornets this game. Iso West is great sometimes when Paul is not on the floor but I liked how Tyson set a pick for West and then West lobbed for Tyson. If they can get some point guard play out of guys like West, Peja, maybe Mo Peterson, it'll help them out greatly.

I'll be rooting for the Hornets.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #18
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I'm just glad to be able to watch the game with no pressure. As a laker fan I hope Spurs win because, I want us to dethrone the Spurs.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #19
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Laker fans who would you rather face in the WCF? Easier match-up? I think the Spurs might be a tougher match-up for you guys,but I really want the Hornets to win.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #20
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

damn got money riding on this game Hornets godda send the Spurs packin'
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #21
KnicksBeasley
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KnicksBeasley has an OK reputation so far

CP3 vs parker who ever plays better there team will win
KnicksBeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #22
Emeka Okafor xD
Banned

Emeka Okafor xD has an OK reputation so far

lets go spurs!

they were world champs last year and got all the experience in the world, and thats what the hornets lack. Time for the cocky cp3 to finally lose
Emeka Okafor xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #23
Hotshoot
Decent playground baller

Hotshoot has an OK reputation so far

David West better be afraid of the Spine breaker
Hotshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #24
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I heard Pop is going to start Manu and Oberto. What I'd like to see Scott do is start Wright instead of Peja. For one, Wright is more athletic and quicker than Peja, and I think he can bother Manu more. Also, that would provide a scoring punch in Peja off the bench, something they desperately need.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #25
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Doesn't matter if Peja comes of the bench. As long as he has Bruce on him, he won't even get into double digits.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I heard Pop is going to start Manu and Oberto. What I'd like to see Scott do is start Wright instead of Peja. For one, Wright is more athletic and quicker than Peja, and I think he can bother Manu more. Also, that would provide a scoring punch in Peja off the bench, something they desperately need.
that's a good idea but scott is notrious for not making changes... that's the one gripe about him is his lack of flexability and making adjustments
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

Please Tyson Chandler, no unnecessary early fouls tonight!

Hopefully the refs will not call him for fouls that aren't there either.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Unhappy its game 7 but I'm at work today

Great match up between a dynastic team nearing the end of its reign and an upstart on the cusp of greatness.

Here's how it will break down:
At the backcourt, how the Spurs defend Chris Paul will be crucial: if they force him to become a scorer, i.e., play him like they guarded Nash, a more dangerous passer, shut off his passing options, Paul will score 30 plus but fail to crack double digits in assists. Paul is not a great straight up defender, so Parker must continue to run and run and run, be a fast break unto himself. If Ginobili's jumper is on, he becomes truly indefensible - can bury the three, fake it and go to the cup or pull up for the mid range j in the paint. If he is off, the Hornets have a better chance to win. Peterson won't be much of a factor today. Finley can threaten from outside, but his tank seems empty too.

Frontcourt: it comes down to how either team defends West or Duncan. Hornets must continue to double Duncan, but only once he makes the first move towards the hoop. Otherwise his passing will dissect them into pieces, assuming their long range game is on. Provided West's back is back to optimal levels, the Spurs cannot afford guard him with anyone other than Duncan himself. His length and all nba defense know-how will keep West under control. Shotblocker extraordinaire Chandler may be able to produce more than either Oberto or Thomas, but his lingering foot injury may not allow that to happen. Bowen will continue to neutralize Stojakovic's deadly perimeter game, because he is the best follow and lock defender in the league. So look for the hornets to try and have Peja take Bowen off the dribble, instead of spotting up for jumpers that never come.

It looks like the Spurs' experience will keep the game close to steal it in the end, but if they use the incorrect strategy, look for a blowout win from the Hornets.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #29
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

VEGAS SAYS:
Hornets by 4.

who you got?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #30
gobbledygookie
I brick open layups

gobbledygookie has an OK reputation so far

I'd be shocked if Hornets win. I mean I really want them to win, but with West's injury, what are the chances he's gonna have a stellar game? And they'll need a stellar performance from him to win the game. Chandler's not gonna score much, we know that, Paul is gonna make his 30, but without points they're doomed. I say this game is all on West's back, literally and figuratively :)

Prediction: Spurs gonna win in a close match.
gobbledygookie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: