Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:05 AM   #16
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs. Spurs Game 1 Wednesday Thread

i have the feeling that the series will go to only 6 games..

the winner? i dont know.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #17
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Both teams will win a game on the road. Lakers in 7 if it doesn't happen in one of the first two games. Spurs in 6 if it does.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #18
BloodyRain
I hit open 5-footers

BloodyRain has an OK reputation so far

This is going to be great.

My most liked team vs my most hated team.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #19
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Odom is going to go OFF this series unless they double him

Kurt Thomas was guarding Odom during the first half of the last Spurs/Lakers game, and Odom dropped 14.

In the second half, Pop gave Udoka some major minutes and had him stick to Odom. He did a good job. Odom only scored 3 points after halftime, and Udoka put up 14 points on his own.

Udoka can guard Odom.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #20
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonpaxis
Kurt Thomas was guarding Odom during the first half of the last Spurs/Lakers game, and Odom dropped 14.

In the second half, Pop gave Udoka some major minutes and had him stick to Odom. He did a good job. Odom only scored 3 points after halftime, and Udoka put up 14 points on his own.

Udoka did guard Odom.

FIXED

"Did" guard Odom well... but that does not mean he will do likewise in this whole upcoming series....
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #21
KnicksBeasley
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KnicksBeasley has an OK reputation so far

GO LAKERS
I want to see manu keep up with Kobe scoring wise
the biggest problem for Lakers is going to be Tony Parker I dont know how they will keep him out of the paint
Old 05-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #22
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers faced some tough guards so these playoffs.

Iverson, Willaims, now Parker.

Gunn be a good game....Lakers should take game one. Good rest and at home.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #23
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This will get them through the Lakers:

Championship pedigree!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #24
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyRain
This is going to be great.

My most liked team vs my most hated team.

Which is which?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #25
MochaUdoka
Serious playground baller

MochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonpaxis

Udoka can guard Odom.

Udoka is the x-factor in limiting the Lakers x-factor(Odom); he is the closest thing we have to the size/speed combo of Odom (yet still pales in comparison)
Odom scares me but I think Udoka can do it if given the opportunity. Give the man some minutes Pop!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #26
MochaUdoka
Serious playground baller

MochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
This will get them through the Lakers:

Championship pedigree!

Champions always win!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #27
laview
Decent playground baller

laview has an OK reputation so far

I am not biased toward one team over the other since I don't like one team over the other. I do think that the odds are in Spurs favour, but this will depend on Spurs backcourt. If Ginobili can play like he did vs. the Hornet, then the spurs will probably be fine. I have no concerns for Kobe since everyone knows he is going to be great, but I am worried about the other PG and SG on the Lakers team that would have to chase Parker around and spending all their energies on the defense.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #28
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
Udoka is the x-factor in limiting the Lakers x-factor(Odom); he is the closest thing we have to the size/speed combo of Odom (yet still pales in comparison)
Odom scares me but I think Udoka can do it if given the opportunity. Give the man some minutes Pop!

I think Horry could still do a good job on Odom if he put his mind to it. Better than I can see anyone else on SA doing. He has the size/length/speed to stay with Odom, especialy if he plays smart (i.e., let Odom take the jumper when he puts the ball down on the floor; Odom seldom pulls up, when he drives he wants to go al the way).
Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #29
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

if the series goes to 7 spurs would win but i think lakers in 6
Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #30
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
Champions always win!

nah

i hope bynum would return
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread