Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #16
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Stro

I like L. Wright as well but he appears happy with his new deal. I put
this Stro thread up as I think he could be on the block and wanted
opinions....

When Farmar gets more minutes at point, I think we might be running
a bit more often and Stro's speed could suit us better than Cook's
shooting, possibly, maybe,.....just thinking out loud!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #17
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Some people in the other thread have been talking about getting rid of Farmar. I would disagree with that, just because of the way he played last year in the Finals. He was a really good player.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
If there is a way to get Stro, I'd go for it. L.A. has people to put it in the basket, but could use some help on the boards and block shots.

Smush
Bryant
Odom
Radman
Brown/Stro

I like the sound of that.

How many times we gotta say "Defense wins championships..." Everyone knows that... my vote is NO for STRO....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #19
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Whats the point of this thread anyways. They werent even looking at the idea of signing him.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:07 AM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Whats the point of this thread anyways. They werent even looking at the idea of signing him.

now this post, i agree with!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:16 AM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Ahh just another laker fan speakin his mind.

No harm no foul!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #22
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default what's the point?

Quote:

:stupid:

What's the point of any thread if it's not to discuss ideas?

Stro might be on the trading block, shouldn't we at least take
a look at him?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

He's not on the trading block though. He just got a new deal why would he be on the trading block. No I dont think there is any use of looking at him if we have 3 centers.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #24
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He's not on the trading block though. He just got a new deal why would he be on the trading block. No I dont think there is any use of looking at him if we have 3 centers.

r u talkin bout swift b/c I think he was automatically on the block once he was sent back 2 Memphis cuz he never liked it there, plus he's a PF more than a center, so .......I'm not sayin he's a perfect fit, but he's a shot blocker so can maybe complement Kwame's on the ball D w/ his off the ball D.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #25
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Yeah you're right he would be a good compliment to Kwame, but where in the lineup would he fit in if you wan to start him.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #26
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

nowhere I guess... it depends who we trade 4 him.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #27
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

KBTwoFour has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs down

Stro is atrocious. :rollingeyes: He gets lost in games and doesn't have a bread and butter move to get out of a funk. Mihm is WAAY better than stro. Mihm can step out and hit a jumper if his man is playing off of him and can jump, rebound and do all of the serviceable aspects that stro cannot do (minus maybe weakside defense). Stro for a rack of balls and sasha and nothing else. Too bad memphis lost battier for this guy, he's weak. And comparing him to Kwame is wrong too. Kwame is much bigger, has better footwork on D against other big centers on the block and is not going to jump out of the building on a pump-fake.

No on stro unless we get rid of Mckey & Sasha.
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: